Kaustic Plastik - XXL Project set 1 - The Fantasy Warrior

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The head looks awful. Was going to get it for the head but it looks like he has a brain tumah

Got the set out of the box and put it on one of the older Hot Toys muscle bodies without joints.

First off, this is a very nice set.

Everything is of very good quality although the fur could have been a little better material. It looks good on the boots but silly on the pants.
The pocket and sword are simply amazing.
Shirt and pants work very well for a decent Warrior. The vest however reminds me a little of Dexters killing outfit. It would have benefited from some more details on the front. But nevertheless the qualityis perfect. The wristbands will need some replacement because they simply look a little weaker than the rest. Also this is the only quality issue I have with this set (besides he stupid head): the golden pieces are falling off. I have already lost 3-4 of them while dressing him on. I will most likely use the one without gold on the right arm and put the boots leather straps on the left one. Speaking of the boots: nothing to complain here.
Next time I would cancel the head in favor for another accessoire. This set for example still needs a belt, knife and bracelet. Nevertheless a great start and I am looking forward for you addon.

The head sculpt is bad

It's long faced and wonky eyed, just the way it goes in afraid

Comparison pic with both heads together, granted the Conan head isn't on the body properly

Whatever lens distortion goes on Conan must go on the T1 head too

6y5y2u9u.jpg

The head is designed to fit our KP02 and KP03 neck size.
With Hot Toys TTM20 you need some minor custom changes.
It's just impossible to use make an head that can work with every kind of neck size ;)

About the comparison with hot toys ttm20.....
Of course you know our figure IS NOT Arnold.. right?

I got my set in the mail a half hour ago, so no pictures yet, but a few things I noticed:

- first, and until I get a new head sculpt, I'll go with KP02 as the head was made for it and sits well on it. A few pictures I've seen before give him a giraffe neck. It's not so there!

- bad news though, the skintone is VERY DIFFERENT ( much more brown than the body). Now I have the first KP02 release. Maybe the skintone was different in the second batch.

- the head sculpt is better than the pics show. It's definitely a remote cousin of Ahnuld, but at least it's not so elongated than pics show. Clearly there's some lens distortion and the sculpt/paint job are decent. Actually, it looks very much like the proto!

- the sword is great, but you'll need tweezers to fasten the snap that secures the sword in it

- finally a tip: if you use KP02, no need to loosen the armor/ top. That's what great with them, the arms are designed to come off when you pull at them, so you just have to slip the shirt on. It's still a bit tight, but much easier to do than loosening everything

With KP02 and KP03 the neck looks just perfect and identical to our pre-orders pictures.
On TTM20 and other kind of body some little custom change are needed.
Every neck is different of course...

Skintone: We made 4 different release of KP02 in this 3 years (4 reprints).
From production to production you can find some minor changes of skintone.
So in some body the skin tone is more similar, in some other a bit different.
Anyway we are producing an KP02XXL version (with bigger mucolar legs totally new casted) that will match perfectly the "tanned" color of a famous barbarian ;)
Of course the head too match this tanned color ;)
Pictures and pre-orders are coming soon ;)

About the headsculpt. I often said we was not searching likeness... even because is NOT a licensed product ;)

This is the kit is placed on KP02 standard version.
As you can see the skin tone is not so different.. (but from different batch of KP02 can vary a bit.. as I said it was reprinted 4 times in this years.. not identical skin tone each production.. minor changes on skin tone can be visible)
And as you can see it's just identical to prototypes pictures...
Of course this is a production piece coming directly from the blister..
It's really so bad? ;)

collectionkp.jpg

I'm not displeased with the set at all, far from it. I understand the head will have been made for your own body and that's totally acceptable. The issue I have with the head is the eyes, you can clearly see that each one isn't on the same level, one is higher and larger than the other

Minus the head I think the set is awesome, I think you could have actually released the set without the head in favour of another accessory too! Just my opinion of course

byry2yda.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not displeased with the set at all, far from it. I understand the head will have been made for your own body and that's totally acceptable. The issue I have with the head is the eyes, you can clearly see that each one isn't on the same level, one is higher and larger than the other

Minus the head I think the set is awesome, I think you could have actually released the set without the head in favour of another accessory too! Just my opinion of course

byry2yda.jpg

But actually if you look carefully our prototypes we used for the pre-orders, the heasculpt is the same, and yes, in the expression one eyes is a bit closer then the other.
It's the expression.
But I admit was a mistake include this head. :(
The fact the likeness is off (but this is something we was forced to do), it's the biggest complain we are facing right now.
But I PROMISE soon we will post a news will make you HAPPY, and will help ALL OF YOU making a PERFECT CUSTOM FIGURE.
Please trust in me.. and just be patient for around 10 days.. ;)

Last edited:
No problem, like I said I'm not disappointed with the set as I was never going to use the head in the first place! Everything else looks great

Looking forward to seeing what else is being offered soon!

And to the new muscle body

But actually if you look carefully our prototypes we used for the pre-orders, the heasculpt is the same, and yes, in the expression one eyes is a bit closer then the other.
It's the expression.
But I admit was a mistake include this head. :(
The fact the likeness is off (but this is something we was forced to do), it's the biggest complain we are facing right now.
But I PROMISE soon we will post a news will make you HAPPY, and will help ALL OF YOU making a PERFECT CUSTOM FIGURE.
Please trust in me.. and just be patient for around 10 days.. ;)

DSCF2575_zps6750a2b9.jpg

I removed the neck connector so his head sits further down.

In conclusion then. The sword and clothing are very nice and I cant wait to get the custom head sculpt.

Oh and yes I need a sword holding hand
A suggestion: The brown leather armour, don't place at X on the Torso. Follow the pictures of our pre-orders for the right placement ;)

Check out the comp Shells it started out as a good sculpt, but something got lost along the way. Could be either a production problem, or maybe it was intentionally distorted to avoid any legal difficulties.

Guys.... I think I said this probably 1000 times.. :(
Prototype was a bit different..
Then was CHANGED to avoid legal problems..
But it's 100% identical to the pre-order version (that was already changed from the Wax prototype)

I was going to get the head to make a figure such as Danzig may look. But the one eye proptosis ruins the head. This is the same reason why I did not buy Drake. What causes the eye proptosis? Ocular cancer or something with the manufacturing process?

Yeah, I'd say so. It's very, very close if not identical. I've even seen him wear the vest (without the outer armor) in promotional pictures for Destroyer, but I can't remember him actually wearing any shirt in the film. He also had a belt and a different scabbard (leather, instead of wolf fur). Maybe those items and a new head sculpt (along with the Wheel of Pain necklace) will be in the expansion set Fabio mentioned?

Some of this items will be in the expansion.
A new headsculpt (totally identical to Arnie) will be announced SOON, but will come from other brand (not KP).
So no legal problems.. right? ;)

Last edited:
I was going to get the head to make a figure such as Danzig may look. But the one eye proptosis ruins the head. This is the same reason why I did not buy Drake. What causes the eye proptosis? Ocular cancer or something with the manufacturing process?
This eyes "problem" it vary from angle to angle when you shot pictures.. There is no manufacturing problems.
If you see many pictures online you can notice that with some angle you cannot see the problem at all.
Many guys in the forums can confirm that when is in your hands you cannot notice so much this thing. A lot is linked on your own taste..
It's just the expression of the face.. nothing else..
Of course if we keep talking about Arnie likeness, this will turn in a never ending story.

This set WAS NOT MADE with Arnie likeness in mind. OK?

Last edited:
Can't wait to see what's in the expansion pack!

Hopefully it's the belt and things!

Some of this items will be in the expansion.
A new headsculpt (totally identical to Arnie) will be announced SOON, but will come from other brand (not KP).
So no legal problems.. right? ;)

An interesting picture received just now from an (happy) client in Spain:

kpconan.jpg

Make a picture with a nice natural light.. place it in a nice angle.. and here is the result..

I cannot see nothing terrible on this headsculpt...
;)

Can't wait to see what's in the expansion pack!

Hopefully it's the belt and things!

I imagine the Wheel of Pain necklace will be included. I'm really happy to hear the stuff Fabio's saying. Looking forward to a more accurate head from the "other brand," too.

Back