ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lost interest in these as well as Asmus' LOTR line and Funko's Legacy lines. Pathetically slow for updates.

I don't see how you could lose interest on them, as they are updated more often than most major company lines. For instance, Funko announced their Legacy line in February, released it in April, and previewed their Series 2 figures at Toy Fair. This is all very fast in comparison to other companies, like Hasbro, Sideshow, Hot Toys, etc.

I still just think it's a damn shame such an unreliable company got this license. This would have been THE perfect line for sideshow. American based company, hottest show on TV, fantasy sci fi genre..

No not really since 1 average HT figure is better than a wave of Legacy figures.

What does that have to do with how fast things are being updated? :lol

Like I said in my post earlier, it hasn't been that long. :lol

And they've been updating us on stuff just fine, better than most companies I think. Same with ASMUS. Haven't they already released two figures, with another on PO and another two coming?

I still just think it's a damn shame such an unreliable company got this license. This would have been THE perfect line for sideshow. American based company, hottest show on TV, fantasy sci fi genre..

What makes you think this company is unreliable?

And besides, Sideshow has several wonky figures of there own. Nothing there to justify to me that they would perfect in anyway.

And I like Sideshow.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No not really since 1 average HT figure is better than a wave of Legacy figures.

That's like comparing apples to oranges.

I was a little concerned, but I think this line will turn out well. It just needs more visibility.

Its hard to make any judgements until one of these are in hand. But from what I've seen as far as pics, the pets look awesome, the refinements on Merle are really good which turned an ugly sculpt into a solid one imo, and they're still improving on Tyrion. Sounds like they're willing to listen to fans at least.

What does that have to do with how fast things are being updated?

Legacy figures have far more quality control issues. Two left feet on some of the GoT figures. HT might have issues too, but they show mostly great figures once a week, sometimes every two weeks. It's hard to defend ****** likenesses when you have HT out there. I have tried.

That's all fine and good, but your complaint was about lack of updates not QC issues.

And honestly, you are comparing apples to oranges here.

Lost interest in these as well as Asmus' LOTR line and Funko's Legacy lines. Pathetically slow for updates.

Asmus is pathetically slow? They've busted out Witchking and Gothmog, Gandalf is on the way, Nazgul and steed is up for preorder, Aowyn in development... Asmus also actively participates on this board. For a lesser 1/6 player they've been doing a fine job imo.

Give them a bloody chance.

This hobby can only benefit from someone other than Hot Toys delivering quality figures.

Enterbay has never made a single figure other than Léon of interest.

Sideshow is focused on 'safer' properties.

I will buy any ThreeZero GoT figures on principle, even Ned Stark, whom I came to dislike (sure it was Sean Bean, but the character is sanctimonious and incompetent). Well, any figure but a White Walker.

This hobby can only benefit from someone other than Hot Toys delivering quality figures.

I will buy any ThreeZero GoT figures on principle, even Ned Stark, whom I came to dislike (sure it was Sean Bean, but the character is sanctimonious and incompetent). Well, any figure but a White Walker.

Enterbay made Bruce Lee which pretty much **** on Leon as a person/character of interest globally :lol

Anyway, hope this company delivers a good product. Would rather see them get a shot than SSC who's human portraits are weak.

Asmus is pathetically slow? They've busted out Witchking and Gothmog, Gandalf is on the way, Nazgul and steed is up for preorder, Aowyn in development... Asmus also actively participates on this board. For a lesser 1/6 player they've been doing a fine job imo.

:lok Yeah, I totally don't understand the ASMUS comment. They've been kicking ass as far as I can tell.

Right. It seems like everyone is giving this company the hammer and they haven't released a figure from this line yet. :lol

Well, ThreeA figures are more along the lines of art figures rather than movie figures - which are Hot Toys's and Sideshow's speciality. Ashley Wood makes some strange things, too. I don't think ThreeA has ever produced any realistic movie figures before, so it'll be interesting to see how these turn out.

I'd love Tyrion and Ned, but I'd like to see how these turn out first, before committing myself in any way.

Last edited:

Scarface, Bruce Lee, Michael Jordan?? All smoke Leon in terms on universal appeal, although i got Leon as well of course

Im just saying, this isnt the type of license I want a nobody company who is slow and has already shown inferior prototypes of handling the hottest commodity on television. I am just baffled why Sideshow didn't jump on it, being the only american company out of all the big ones, not sure how the shows popularity is outside of North America

At least with sideshow, your gonna get quality sculpts from the best in the business, as well as tailoring since they started to bring guys like Serang Kim and Kato on board. Obviously the paint apps would suck, but no more than they would with threezero, and would need a custom repaint anyways

I think it's very safe to say the tyrion prototype was a huge let down, months have gone by and nothing new has been shown in terms of progress. So, I feel like I have given them a bloody chance..

Just what everyone wants, a quality sculpt with **** paint you have to drop another $150 to get redone :lol ...forget Sideshow. Let them stick to cranking out Gi Jane Ninjas.

Again, threezero announced the license in December, its April. :lol Its hasn't been that long, and we've been given updates. Merle sucked at first but the improved sculpt looks good to me and has excellent paint. So yeah.. :lol And the again, the Pets look awesome. Plus, none of these figures are in anyone's hands yet so I don't know why you think they would need a repaint.

Back