1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine. The office is getting crowded! Arms are perfect.
443b4415c2bb5c808b00420066cab601.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got this guy in, pretty happy with him. No rubbing on the shoulders but I'll be sure to keep an eye on them. I gotta say i hate the base design with the 'bendy' bar thing, its very difficult to get a good standing pose with the waist grip getting in the way of the cape. I think I'll put another figure on it perhaps an iron man or something.

Good to see some new shots of Thor in here...looking good!

Here's a couple more looks at Thor from me....

So impressed with this figure...it's just amazing.

Favor: Can someone post a picture of Thor in flight on the dynamic stand and then place another figure on the rock base below him? Or the other way around. I'd like to see how much the standing figure obscures the figure in flight. Thanks!

I asked about this in the other thor thread. You can fish a thin wire into the bottom if the cape just like with the MOS figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got this guy a while back, finally got around to unboxing him and posing him, luckily he doesn't seem to have the paint issues people were having.

I do need to glue the strap back on Mjolnir, ripped from one side as you can tell. Don't even know how it happened, just from moving it around a little. Some of the stuff is so fragile, makes sense though just sucks sometimes.

Very creative display! I have a couple of those impact effects, but the grey versions. I have ideas to use them with my eventual Avengers display, and a Superman vs Zod scene. Where did you get the clear stand for the pieces?

Yeah they are awesome man. They are meant for Bandai Tamashii Figuarts but you can use them for pretty much anything that fits, they're very versatile and i've used them for different things. Anyways that stand is called Bandai Tamashii Stage Act.4 , you get three main stands and a bunch of stuff that goes with them to set up different type of displays. Here's a link to them
https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamas...qid=1409118449&sr=8-1&keywords=figuarts+stand
That's definitely an inflated price, they tend to come out every few months and sell out for the standard price which i think is about 15 dollars. You end up getting a few places then selling them for about ten dollars more. It's a good idea when a wave gets released to buy a few of them just to have. I'm thinking about buying the same effect that i'm using there but in the color you have (the grey version) because then i can set it up with the bulky rocky stand that the Thor figure comes with and it'll match the impact effect.

Hey thanks! I've seen the clear stands advertised on the back of the box, but without an English translation; I didn't know what to search for, lol.
Yeah, I recommend the grey ones. They would be very useful in a broken street diorama, or with that Thor. Post pics if you do switch your setup. :wink1:
I think the tan version has a bit more color wash to it, but the grey one is probably more versatile.
I also can't wait for the flame effects, those should be coming very soon and will look awesome in dioramas. I've wanted something like that for a long time.

I was thinking of picking this up, but then doesn't Thor have almost the same sleeveless look for Avengers 2? So instead of paying for the inflated price for this guy, I can just wait for the eventual Thor from A2 and get the sleeveless look for retail.

I was thinking of picking this up, but then doesn't Thor have almost the same sleeveless look for Avengers 2? So instead of paying for the inflated price for this guy, I can just wait for the eventual Thor from A2 and get the sleeveless look for retail.

Yeah they might but you never know, i was in the marketplace on the forums and saw one for a good price
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...?147943-Hot-Toys-Light-Armor-Thor-265-shipped
Pretty much what i paid for it, since im in California i get charged tax from Sideshow, but I think i paid 257 for mine with tax and shipping.This guy has it for 265 shipped or 273 shipped with PP fees (I've bought 3 things on here so far and I always do PP fees).

Back