Alien Warrior legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got word from sideshow my final flex pay was the 20th which means it should be shipping out that monday. Should be in peoples hands by the 25th

I like the blue in that image as well. Reminds me of the old 1/1 bust, only more affordable. :lol Might actually have to pick up this line.

The greeny brown paint was the only thing I didn’t like about this :yess: Seriously though to me this does look closer to what we saw on screen. And those teeth look awesome!

Now watch the final piece still be greeny brown… :lol

I don’t own the Maquette but I know their recent Aliens statue also has a greenish colour. The movie suits did have brown on them so I guess they argument of should they be brown, should they be blue will always exist.

Let's see how the production piece turns out. If the only issues are peoples opinion of colours used I will be very happy.

You work nights BS or a light sleeper?

Agreed. If colour preference is the only issues we should all be good.

I do work late most nights mate and that kinda leaves my sleep pattern looking more like an inkblot :lol

I don't know about the maquette, but the paint apps on the 1/5 statue were subpar IMO. It's why I'm hesitant to order any non-figures from Sideshow these days.

As far as I know the suits were indeed brown/black (which is odd because the Queen was blue :confused:), but on screen they looked much more blue/black. I want screen accuracy, so naturally I prefer the blue.

As far as I know the suits were indeed brown/black (which is odd because the Queen was blue :confused:), but on screen they looked much more blue/black. I want screen accuracy, so naturally I prefer the blue.

I much prefer screen accuracy too but it's a double edged sword I guess because in a way it's desirable to have the prop aswell. The HCG 1:1 Alien bust is prop accurate, and unfortunately looks like a deteriorated 30 year old prop at that, and looks pretty awful in my opinion color wise compared to how it did on film and the film version is what I want on my shelf.
Yes the Aliens were brown but the color grading used in the film made them look blue / green which actually changes between the different releases over time. The new Aliens blu ray has much more of a teal / orange balance than previous masters.

Hmmm. Not entirely sure I understand what you're trying to say. :lol

I would never want a collectible that was accurate to a prop in every way, shape and form, if it had damage and deformities. I would just want the actual prop instead. I wouldn't ever want a replica of a prop with defects.

Like I wouldn't want a predator bio-mask with all of the fading, deterioration, chips and broken pieces that the actual prop would have unless it was the actual prop. The only reason the damage is acceptable is because it's the actual prop.

I can understand a brown version and a blue version of the Alien Warrior being released though, because the brown version didn't translate to the film and it was an intentional addition to the props and not accidentally caused by damage or anything.

Wasn't the paint on the Maquette closer to the brown proto.

From the one pic without the blue light on the product page, it does look close in colouring to the Maq paint.

200234-product-silo.png~original

Dsc01838.jpg~original

Not anywhere near the same lighting conditions, of course. Plus, there's a lot of colour reflection in my outdoors pic.

That proto picture is much closer to the warriors correct colour also, they are very much brown and black. We don't even know what the production pieces will look like yet though, the blueish one a few pages back could be the paint master or something. We'll be lucky if ours look as nice if that were the case. As long as the strips and the tube in the middle of the head are put back I'll be okay with the blue tint if it does end up looking like that, although I prefer the black/brown prototype personally.

Edit: Tiny picture of actual suits for now but you get the idea, I'll take some screen caps shortly to see if they did appear blue on screen, I can't recall it being so although the set lighting had a habit of altering colours (pulse rifle)
warrior.JPG

Hmmm. Not entirely sure I understand what you're trying to say. :lol

I would never want a collectible that was accurate to a prop in every way, shape and form, if it had damage and deformities. I would just want the actual prop instead. I wouldn't ever want a replica of a prop with defects.

Like I wouldn't want a predator bio-mask with all of the fading, deterioration, chips and broken pieces that the actual prop would have unless it was the actual prop. The only reason the damage is acceptable is because it's the actual prop.

I can understand a brown version and a blue version of the Alien Warrior being released though, because the brown version didn't translate to the film and it was an intentional addition to the props and not accidentally caused by damage or anything.

I don't know what I mean half the time :lol
I think when producing a movie prop for the home like an Alien or Predator / bio the effort should be made to restore it and make it look like it did onscreen. That's what I'd prefer for my collection.
While colours are open to interpretation getting them sculpted right is most important to me. These 1:2 scale busts are not very accurate. I don't know why sideshow doesn't make the effort at this scale. The aliens barely get a pass, but the Predators are awful, badly proportioned, missing details, **** production paints and putting P1 and P2 next to each other looks like they are different scales the P2 is that much bigger...

Theres so much detail in the xenomorph costume... That for sideshow to get it 100% is insane. And i understand where some dont mind the color change. I really dont even mind it too much. I just hope the blue highlights are toned down a few notches. Artist interpretation is one thing... Artist liberties are another. Thats like buying a pred and getting that bright orange test alien instead hahahaha..... Btw little known fact is that the predator was originally jean claude van damme in the suit. But he got an offer to be the lead in bloodsport. So instead of being a faceless monster he chose bloodsport so he could be recognized. He got out of the deal by acting like the suit was way too heavy for him to wear hahaha

Btw little known fact is that the predator was originally jean claude van damme in the suit. But he got an offer to be the lead in bloodsport. So instead of being a faceless monster he chose bloodsport so he could be recognized. He got out of the deal by acting like the suit was way too heavy for him to wear hahaha
Common knowledge around these parts :wink1:
The original design was awful.

I hope it will look like the first pics of Sideshow... cause this blue is too... "let's go to the beach for holidays trip for me". Lol

Back