Statue Gentle Giant 18" Black Widow - Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, not a massive fan of the clear bases...I'm more into a dioramic base - similar to what we're seeing for all the XM pieces at the moment. For me, the base isn't just something that should be propping up the character but should be something that helps tell a story in our imagination that relates to the pose of the statue. Clear bases don't do this for me, hence why i'll be commissioning a custom base for Black Widow so that i'll be able to display her alongside the likes of my Avengers Hulk Maquette, the new Captain America Winter Soldier PF, the new Thor Dark World PF and of course the upcoming Iron Man MKVII Maquette :rock

P.S. will be doing the same with the GG Groot and Rocket 1/4 scale statue...that piece bar the base looks sick!!!! :rock

I would be interesting in that as well Andy if you are planning on selling some. It was an idea I was interested in doing as well but I am sure you will do a much better job of designing one with a sculpter as you have an eye for this sort of thing...Anyway put me on the PO list if it exists lol

I'm also looking forward to seeing a custom base....I have her on PO...not sure if I'm going to keep it or not. What do you guys think of those comic con pics?

I was gonna pass on this until all this talk of custom bases. BBTS has you all to thank for my po. I'm definately a player if someone comes up with something and decides to knock out a few. I have Vampirella on po. too- I will stick her on a 2 by 4 before I look at that base.

I was gonna pass on this until all this talk of custom bases. BBTS has you all to thank for my po. I'm definately a player if someone comes up with something and decides to knock out a few. I have Vampirella on po. too- I will stick her on a 2 by 4 before I look at that base.

:hi5:

She will look awesome when these bases get rolling. I have a sketchbook with several ideas lined up. Gonna try and get some quotes and see if I can commission either a few or stick with the one I will gladly get.

LoL at the Vampi haha. I know the feeling :lol

Hey guys, glad to see so many of you interested in custom bases for this statue...hopefully they'll be a few already on the go by the time I've received my GG BW cos according to my local retailer i'll be looking at November time delivery :( so until I receive her inhand then I can start getting the ball rolling on a custom base :yess: and I know just the man that will be able to pull it off to a top standard too ;)

Hey guys, glad to see so many of you interested in custom bases for this statue...hopefully they'll be a few already on the go by the time I've received my GG BW cos according to my local retailer i'll be looking at November time delivery :( so until I receive her inhand then I can start getting the ball rolling on a custom base :yess: and I know just the man that will be able to pull it off to a top standard too ;)

:clap:clap:clap:hi5:

Cant wait to see what you do!

Someone said earlier that GG told them it'd ship some time this month. Hmmm

I tried canceling my order from SpecFiction shop but they haven't replied to any of my emails.

Someone said earlier that GG told them it'd ship some time this month. Hmmm

I tried canceling my order from SpecFiction shop but they haven't replied to any of my emails.

That was me. I had emailed them and their response said maybe this month. I'm not holding my breath. I imagine they'll tell people when they are about to be charged.

Well, since she debuted at SDCC '13 and showed again in '14, then I think she is on track for an early '15 release. March, maybe, lol.

Back