Statue Gentle Giant 18" Black Widow - Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is coming along very nicely. Glad I ordered . Anyone know the projected release date?

I emailed GG and this was their response 8 days ago:
Thank you for reaching out to us on this one. I think that item will be shipping sometime next month. We will have a better update for you soon. We will be making more announcements of release dates later this month. Let me know if you have any other questions in the mean time

Regards,

Thanks for the updates guys. So September it's looking like eh? The goodies just keep rolling in. Hope it does ship next month. Would be nice to have her so soon

I thought this piece was gonna hit about 500....this is a damn good price. I may pull for this. Just yeah those bases, but I've had worse :)

I like the clear bases. People are just used to something else, so they deem it bad off the bat.

Personally, not a massive fan of the clear bases...I'm more into a dioramic base - similar to what we're seeing for all the XM pieces at the moment. For me, the base isn't just something that should be propping up the character but should be something that helps tell a story in our imagination that relates to the pose of the statue. Clear bases don't do this for me, hence why i'll be commissioning a custom base for Black Widow so that i'll be able to display her alongside the likes of my Avengers Hulk Maquette, the new Captain America Winter Soldier PF, the new Thor Dark World PF and of course the upcoming Iron Man MKVII Maquette :rock

P.S. will be doing the same with the GG Groot and Rocket 1/4 scale statue...that piece bar the base looks sick!!!! :rock

Last edited:
Personally, not a massive fan of the clear bases...I'm more into a dioramic base - similar to what we're seeing for all the XM pieces at the moment. For me, the base isn't just something that should be propping up the character but should be something that helps tell a story in our imagination that relates to the pose of the statue. Clear bases don't do this for me, hence why i'll be commissioning a custom base for Black Widow so that i'll be able to display her alongside the likes of my Avengers Hulk Maquette, the new Captain America Winter Soldier PF, the new Thor Dark World PF and of course the upcoming Iron Man MKVII Maquette :rock

P.S. will be doing the same with the GG Groot and Rocket 1/4 scale statue...that piece bar the base looks sick!!!! :rock

Yup! I agree, only thing I don't mind so much is if characters have some form of unity, like how the X ladies have 90's portraits, pretty much gives it that unity, regardless if the base is a giant X :lol

I guess it also depends where to display her, I was gonna order some glass displays, so if put in that; definitely a museum piece.

Also I'd guess it's that some people feel a base is a hassle and would rather make sure the sculpt is fine. This would be my first GG, so I don't necessarily know too much of the history of what they do for bases. But I"m thinking of getting a custom for this too. Would look phenomenal on like a cliff like hill (would be nice with how SS has the snow, this could be a different form)

The GG bases are fine with me but they do tend to scratch if there's any dust or debris where they're placed. I've heard some people put little rubber risers or something underneath. I've never bothered. I have no idea where I'm going to put BW, I just ordered her because cool.

The GG bases are fine with me but they do tend to scratch if there's any dust or debris where they're placed. I've heard some people put little rubber risers or something underneath. I've never bothered. I have no idea where I'm going to put BW, I just ordered her because cool.

I immediatly knew that I wanted to display her together with my IM Mark VI Maquette. :)

Yup! I agree, only thing I don't mind so much is if characters have some form of unity, like how the X ladies have 90's portraits, pretty much gives it that unity, regardless if the base is a giant X :lol

I guess it also depends where to display her, I was gonna order some glass displays, so if put in that; definitely a museum piece.

Also I'd guess it's that some people feel a base is a hassle and would rather make sure the sculpt is fine. This would be my first GG, so I don't necessarily know too much of the history of what they do for bases. But I"m thinking of getting a custom for this too. Would look phenomenal on like a cliff like hill (would be nice with how SS has the snow, this could be a different form)

Oh yea, if your displaying this chick by herself or with other GG collectibles that have matching clear acrylic bases then it would look great. Having her displayed next to any of the other Sideshow movie Avengers would look a tad out of place in my opinion due to Sideshows more detailed/dioramic bases...which is why its important for me to get her propped up against a custom rock base or cliff like hill as you mentioned :rock

I don't see that as a problem. Unless the bases have exactly the same concept and theme, I don't see the blank base having a negative impact on a display with a regular PF/Maquette.

there's no right or wrong in this hobby, its all about personal preference which makes this hobby so unique...hence why we see so many cool custom switch out parts or bases made to each persons tastes to enhance an existing statue ;)

Oh yea, if your displaying this chick by herself or with other GG collectibles that have matching clear acrylic bases then it would look great. Having her displayed next to any of the other Sideshow movie Avengers would look a tad out of place in my opinion due to Sideshows more detailed/dioramic bases...which is why its important for me to get her propped up against a custom rock base or cliff like hill as you mentioned :rock
Yeah this would be my first really, so it's tough to say how this would match with my other stuff. I'm sure it'll look good, but I definitely just want some unity, hence why I want to go with that cliff like hill (which you should go for :))

For now I have the Ivy and Harley PF, so with their bases being slightly similar (not really :lol) I may have Widow with them for some time. Depending on what AoU PFs we get, that's a whole new ball park for me!

I don't see that as a problem. Unless the bases have exactly the same concept and theme, I don't see the blank base having a negative impact on a display with a regular PF/Maquette.

Yeah not much, then again I don't have many PFs or Maquettes to complain. I plan to get the BW SS, and the XM, so I probably would do the custom so it has some unity with the others.

Yeah this would be my first really, so it's tough to say how this would match with my other stuff. I'm sure it'll look good, but I definitely just want some unity, hence why I want to go with that cliff like hill (which you should go for :))

;) well I plan on displaying my BW alongside my Hulk Maquette so the custom base will have to be relevant to Hulks base...so lots of rubble will be needed, smashed concrete perhaps or maybe she can have a foot up on the rubble or a smashed up iron girder which can be seen on Hulks base too :dunno lots of possibilities :yess:

ry5eguju.jpg

ypabyvaz.jpg

;) well I plan on displaying my BW alongside my Hulk Maquette so the custom base will have to be relevant to Hulks base...so lots of rubble will be needed, smashed concrete perhaps or maybe she can have a foot up on the rubble or a smashed up iron girder which can be seen on Hulks base too :dunno lots of possibilities :yess:

ry5eguju.jpg

ypabyvaz.jpg

Ah lots of possibilities. another you could go for is like an unfinished or destroyed building top and it slopes downwards with the rubble. I've been seeing a lot of Homeland, and when showing areas of attack or rubble, I see roofs caved in on the ground. I saw a custom by Vince-Vell, of a 80's Widow, and used a building, I think it could work well, or like you mentioned; the iron girder.

If you do the roof, her right foot could rest on the roof corner, and all slopes down, with maybe a brick or something flat in the rubble, so she could be standing on that with her left leg.

Ah lots of possibilities. another you could go for is like an unfinished or destroyed building top and it slopes downwards with the rubble. I've been seeing a lot of Homeland, and when showing areas of attack or rubble, I see roofs caved in on the ground. I saw a custom by Vince-Vell, of a 80's Widow, and used a building, I think it could work well, or like you mentioned; the iron girder.

If you do the roof, her right foot could rest on the roof corner, and all slopes down, with maybe a brick or something flat in the rubble, so she could be standing on that with her left leg.

This is the beautiful thing abt customs...so many possibilities :hi5:

Back