Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem... here ya go!

The first picture is the instruction sheet showing how the little acrylic stand is supposed to be put together. As you can see in the second pic I drilled a small hole into the very top of the acrylic and fed a wire through. I then drilled a hole into the back of the bookcase and fed the wire through and secured it to the back of the bookcase. The third picture shows how this results in the acrylic piece hanging freely without any obvious or visible hardware.

You could have achieved the same result by taping magnets to the back wall of your shelf. You'd never have seen them from the front and there would have been no holes!

You could have achieved the same result by taping magnets to the back wall of your shelf. You'd never have seen them from the front and there would have been no holes!
True, but this way I was able to simply use what I had on hand... Didn't have to go buy any magnets. By using the acrylic it also angles the case up a bit rather than having it flat against the wall... Catches light a little differently that way.

True, but this way I was able to simply use what I had on hand... Didn't have to go buy any magnets. By using the acrylic it also angles the case up a bit rather than having it flat against the wall... Catches light a little differently that way.

That's fair enough. I always carry a couple of hundred magnets of varying sizes in stock for my custom work. It occasionally escapes my mind that not everyone would do that, lol.
I used the "dummy method" to hold my MOS shield up on my detolf.

00576D2E-8EFC-461F-AF81-9B995D196CF5.jpg

ACC02334-1F48-4A08-A5A2-9A71B5640125.jpg

AD71FDD1-F288-470C-8EC7-F073C2BE1B26.jpg

That's fair enough. I always carry a couple of hundred magnets of varying sizes in stock for my custom work. It occasionally escapes my mind that not everyone would do that, lol.
I used the "dummy method" to hold my MOS shield up.
Your method makes perfect sense... I just don't do enough of this type of work to have parts like that around that's all. Both ways look good in the end!

I'm thinking of getting a loose Jor-El robe off ebay and modding the neck to look like the robe he wore as an AI. Also gonna have to get a Superman suit just to color the EL Crest bronze/brown.

Anyone ever make an attempt at this? Would really appreciate any help. Especially finding the same material as the robe.

I'm thinking of getting a loose Jor-El robe off ebay and modding the neck to look like the robe he wore as an AI. Also gonna have to get a Superman suit just to color the EL Crest bronze/brown.

Anyone ever make an attempt at this? Would really appreciate any help. Especially finding the same material as the robe.

Someone here on the forum is selling the HT robe for $55.

I plan on picking him up but still have doubts on it. To anyone who has this would you get General Zod too? I am scared that dark knight franchise would haunt me all over again where I didn't pick up bane, catwoman, harvey dent because I didn't think they look good but ended up getting them at a mark up price later on..

I got jor-el and Zod. Neither one is going to be in the next film so this is probably you're only chance unless they release different outfits but it seems like they've moved on from this license

I got jor-el and Zod. Neither one is going to be in the next film so this is probably you're only chance unless they release different outfits but it seems like they've moved on from this license

oh, thanks for the info I didn't know that, I know Zod is not coming back becasue he died but I didn't know that about Jor-el. I am always weary about Hot toys that are not stand alone. I really love the movie so I guess I just nned to jump on it. I hope I don't regret it.

There were some articles where Zack Snyder confirmed Jor-el was not coming back

https://www.movieweb.com/news/russell-crowe-wont-return-as-jor-el-in-batman-vs-superman

It makes loads of sense for Jor El not to be back.
But it would only take a few seconds to come up with a reason why he could return. If they decided they needed him back.

Superman said:
But i thought you were destroyed when the scoutship was taken by Zod?

Jor-El said:
I was able to transmit my program into a remote storage network. What your planet calls "The internet"

I got one for a lot cheaper too :) mine was $170 +6.99 shipping, I figured If didn't like it I am pretty sure somebody will take it for at least $150 and Ill only take a few loss. I am sure Ill keep it though, I loved the movie.

I got one for a lot cheaper too :) mine was $170 +6.99 shipping, I figured If didn't like it I am pretty sure somebody will take it for at least $150 and Ill only take a few loss. I am sure Ill keep it though, I loved the movie.
Where'd you get him for that price? Decided against picking this figure up but with Zod coming out soon I might want to have the trio. That Amazon price is really tempting me.

Back