1/6 Medicom Kick-Ass 2 - Hit-Girl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Medicom Kick-*** 2 Hit-Girl

She looks good there, gizmo. Proportions look right and she doesn't look overly tall, especially considering that she's wearing heeled boots and a wig!

Next problem is who to display here with?

Got some time to figure that out as the estimated delivery isn't for another three weeks.

I'm leaning towards placing her with the Sucker Punch girls.

Look forward to that!

Sorry man I may not be able to get her in different poses. Just last night when I was about to start posing her for more pics, I realized that the stitches on both arms were undoing just by touching the arms to pose them. More like if they were fraying. So I decided not to touch the arms again lol..

Don't know if it was bad luck or every figure is like that..

Nooooooo!

Just when I'd decided to give Medicom another chance.

That's a real downer on such an expensive figure.

It's the first time I've heard of an issue with her, so maybe you were unlucky. Think you can get her replaced?

Don't know. But I think it's a general issue? I just watch the video posted here and I can see it has the same issue that I have. It's almost unnoticeable, you have to stare a it very close to see it. Maybe it's normal I don't know lo. It's my first medicom figure.

I can see fine fibres all along the seam on the inside of the arms. You say that's getting worse the more you touch the arms?

Well... The most I touched the arms, the more fibers appeared on both arms. Really don't know if it was getting worse. But I didn't want to risk it..

I read that Medicom's quality had improved immensely over the past few years.

Prior to that they had problems with disintegrating pleather costumes, as in this Toy Haven review from 2011.

One of the things that still concerns me with this Hit Girl is the costume. Is it pleather? It looks like it, though KungFooLai in the video review you posted earlier said it was made of "almost like a silk material" which gave me hope that it was higher quality.

However on the page for this video, KungFooLai posted this comment:

Which made me suspicious that he was expecting there might be problems with the figure.

I've haven't heard before about specific problems with stitching or fraying threads. My prime concern would have been for the suit material itself. I still don't have massive confidence in Medicom!

Yeah I knew about those issues with the medicom figures and hot toys or other companies.. Lucky for me I still don't have that issue on any of my figures, but I own only hot toys and a few enterbay 1/4. As I told you before, this is my very first medicom, so.. tan tan tan!!!

The suit material.. Oh boy I kind of suck to recognize type materials, but I'll try.. For me is not silk or anything like that.. It's more like pleather as you said. Don't know if that word mean "leather like", but it is leather like, kind of the hot toys wolverine from the X-Men 3 suit..

Should have release these 2 at the same times..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, hadn't seen anything about them doing Kick-***, but it makes sense.

I got her last night - it does seem Medicom has finally realized what they're competitors are doing. In the past we'd get one set of hands and we're lucky to get that. She's got a bunch of hands, and a lot of weapon choices. I'm digging the dynamic stand too.

The suit is pleather, I'm not sure how threads would come off of it - it seems pretty sturdy.

very cool that they are also doing Kick-Ass
they should also do Hit-Girl from first film
question
what stores sell parted figures?
I'm still trying to find a ''Purple Girl'' head

Awesome! Had no idea they actually were making one...was definitely hoping they would....but its great to finally get confimation on kick-ass. Yeah i really hope they add the armor too as an accessory. Would make it so much cooler.

Big Daddy would be the next on my wish list. KA looks great and will be mine.

Yeah, I'd love a Big Daddy and Hit Girl V1. From the new series though, Mother Russia and the Colonel with German Shepard would definitely top my list.

Back