1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jokes aside that really sucks chutter. As others have stated, never PO anything on eBay that exceeds Paypal's protection window, you're just begging to get screwed.

There are a very select few reputable eBay dealers who you can trust and they are few and far between.

Your best bet is to find a solid online distributor or 2 or 3, and stick with them.

For American's, the top 3 I can think of are SSC, BBTS & AE. There are others as well.

Most of us have been burned at least once in the hobby and it totally sucks.

:lol

How about Cornerstore Comics, would you vouch for them?

how the hell would ebay let this dude continue to sell and why does he have no bad feedback since 2008. does he just cancel his account before we receive the item and leave neg feedback? and then reinstate his account?

eBay doesn't care.

I don't know if their business model can sustain itself, but it might not matter, considering PayPal is a smashing success.

eBay doesn't care.

I don't know if their business model can sustain itself, but it might not matter, considering PayPal is a smashing success.

Im not joking, but ebay is getting smashed over the head with a crowbar compared to Amazon. Its sad really Amazon is actually doing great for itself where ebay hasn't changed in the 8 years I've used it

PO ing on ebay is by far the dumbest thing going on in this hobby...

you deserve to lose your money, the thing is still in stock at SSC, why the hell would you feel the need to PO on ebay months before release...?

yep...

Nice. :monkey4

PO ing on ebay is by far the dumbest thing going on in this hobby...

you deserve to lose your money, the thing is still in stock at SSC, why the hell would you feel the need to PO on ebay months before release...?

yep...

How the hell did I miss one of Lip's posts :lol

Talking about lip smacking, speaking the truth :hi5:

eBay doesn't care.

Hmmm.. while I take the point it should not be possible to use the exact same eBay account, to repeatedly carry out the same scam.. equally the scam depends on the buyer ignoring eBay and PayPal's very clear rules, protecting buyers.

Chutterbox has admitted that he placed his pre-order with that seller, because the price was cheap enough to blind him to the risks.. at the time limit, when he should have bailed on the deal, he continued wanting to believe he would get the figure, despite the fact he was breaking the rules, again based on price.. That is the oldest trick of scamming: Let the mark's greed blind them to the obvious risks.

I hope Chutterbox finds a way to get his money back, if he paid by credit card.. if not, he has learned a valuable lesson: the payment rules are there for a reason.. ie. to protect buyers.

If eBay and PayPal reimbursed every buyer who broke the rules that protect their money, it would create a clear moral hazard.. Everyone would simply throw their money at every cheap deal, regardless of the extreme probability it was a scam..because there would be no risk to their own wallet, if eBay and PayPal were picking up the tab.. and that is very definitely not a 'sustainable' business model.

Observe the rules designed to protect your money, peeps.. if a deal seems too good to be true, it's nearly always going to bite you in the a**.

thanks lipsmack. next time u make a mistake make sure to let me know cuz i kno u will love being kicked while u r down kinda like sm

theres dumb mistakes and there monumentally dumb mistakes... a few minutes of asking here if POing on ebay was a good idea or not would have saved you all this trouble. im sure you could even google "preordering on ebay" and have saved yourself.

There are two threads about him on here. One in Announcements and one in General Collectibles -Statue section. This guy robbed a LOT of people out of money. I watched him for some time. I know for a fact he sold 2 Doom (don't remember if it was PF or LSF, 12 Mark Silvers, 2 Bank Robbers, 12 Mark 42, 2 Ht Bats, numerous other HT and SSC statues all 200$+. Just look through his feedback, at least 10 buyers who left pre order feedback. Luckily, after ordering I asked for a refund a few days later and got it. Don't know what I was thinking in the first place. I hope I still have the message he sent me after I told him I didn't feel like I was going to receive anything from him.

is this the seller that Sideshow asked Dave to warn us all about..?

edit: yep

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...eshow-wants-you-to-beware-of-this-ebay-seller

posted on march 18th this year...

Last edited:
Sure is. He has had quite the year. I think there is a way to look through his sold listings still, I hope. The pre order numbers would make jaws drop. Just look at his feedback. First page one guy has a 600$ order, 2 figures he will never see.

theres dumb mistakes and there monumentally dumb mistakes... a few minutes of asking here if POing on ebay was a good idea or not would have saved you all this trouble. im sure you could even google "preordering on ebay" and have saved yourself.

is this the seller that Sideshow asked Dave to warn us all about..?

edit: yep

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...eshow-wants-you-to-beware-of-this-ebay-seller

posted on march 18th this year...

Ebay even has a policy on it. If the seller can't ship it in 30 days at the end of the listing, don't even try it.
e8fb7c2d5c07d28eba1fc97811be4635.jpg

And I do remember Dave mentioning it. To bad member don't check out the welcome to the board threads :lol

Got the 42 today from Sideshow. Both shoulders had paint rubbed off, the butt had heavy scuff marks on it, and he had two left fists on :slap Great QC there HT!

Ebay even has a policy on it. If the seller can't ship it in 30 days at the end of the listing, don't even try it.
e8fb7c2d5c07d28eba1fc97811be4635.jpg

And I do remember Dave mentioning it. To bad member don't check out the welcome to the board threads :lol

exactly, its pretty common knowledge that you only have 45 days with PP... if you cant think to yourself "well this item wont be out for 6+ months, how will I be covered then?" and if you dont investigate further or take steps to protect yourself, then I really cant drum up any sympathy for you...

Got the 42 today from Sideshow. Both shoulders had paint rubbed off, the butt had heavy scuff marks on it, and he had two left fists on :slap Great QC there HT!

Ouch!.. hope Sideshow get a replacement sorted out promptly, for you.. that sounds like somehow a returned product, got back into Hot Toys' distribution system.

Oh wow, you can still search his "sold listings". I just looked at first 10 listings or so, and there were at least 5,000$ in PO merchandise orders. Not sure how far it goes back but sure it's a sad read.

Back