Play Arts Anime Style DC Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I tried doing a DKR style poster :p

996930_318552681623342_650223051_n.jpg

When are these suppose to ship out? According to BBTS they have their release date in november. I was hoping to get it sooner.

Entertainment Earth had these at great (relatively) prices last week during their Black Friday sale. I only got the $40 Wonder Woman, though.

The shoulder joints in mine were not easy to move when I tried to pose her. They seemed very fragile, so I was afraid to try too hard to move them without dipping them in hot water first. Eventually, they gave way and seem to have a ratchet type of movement that makes it seem even harder to easily glide them up and down, but given the rampant shoulder breakage on these, I was hesitant to even try without some kind of preparation.

The only other negative is the weird scale these are. I tried to find something else to pair with her (I don't think I will bother with the others in this line, they were on sale too, but I didn't get them even then) but she is so much bigger than the usual scale figures, even other PAK figures, yet still so much smaller than the 1/6 figures, that it seems just a figure that you would have to enjoy by itself, or else buy a whole new scale of figures. Here are some action and comparison photos:

PAK-WonderWoman.jpg

PAKWW1.jpg

PAKWW2.jpg

PAKWW3.jpg

PAKWW4.jpg

PAKWW5.jpg

PAKWW7.jpg

PAK-WonderWomanMetallo.jpg

PAK-WonderWoman2.jpg

40 is a fantastic price! great pick up bro. and i thought when i bought one for 55 that i had a great deal. not so much now.:)

Yeah, they went fast (the "only "1" remaining!" graphic started blinking as I was checking out, so I may have bought one of the last ones in stock) but the Batman and Green Lantern versions lasted a while, as did the PAK Arkham City Catwoman and Harley and DKR Catwoman at $32.50. I would have bought those if I had not already paid at least $10 more for them already. Currently, they have the PAK Lara Croft for $40 with some other PAK figures from Metal Gear, Street Fighter and Starship Troopers marked down.

I love all of these......except GL, something about him is so off its ridiculous.
Can't wait for Aquaman and Cyborg!

Aquaman and Cyborg look awesome. I like Wonder Woman too. Not liking any of the others though, and since they are in a unique scale there is no point getting them. If they were in scale with my Arkham City Batman and Robin then they would already be on my shelf.

I don't own any of these yet, I think Im going to start with the Flash next month and if I like him I will go from there and collect the rest. So far the upcoming line up is 9 strong, I wonder if that will be all or if they will continue with more characters, theres a few more I think could look really great done in this style (Hawkman/Woman and Green Arrow spring to mind). A few bad guys would be nice to go along with all these heroics, I could see Luthor in armor fitting in well.

Those are great pics/poses of WW. I have her with GL. Have the others on PO. Trying to make a JL themed dio to go along with my DC JL Build A Statue scene .

yeah i'm a fan of this line too. i only have wonder woman. but do plan on getting the rest. i don't even collect out of 1/6 or 1/4 figs or premium formats, but this line was my exception to that rule. just love the look.

I'm surprised this thread has been dead for so long. There's been a ton of stuff announced in the past few months. Personally, I thought that Western Batman was kind of neat, but the one that really impressed me was the Arkham Knight Batman. It's kind of funny; it doesn't even seem like a PAK release, really. I'd argue that it's more accurate than the DC Collectibles version, honestly, which totally goes against the grain of pretty much everything PAK is known for.

I'm surprised this thread has been dead for so long. There's been a ton of stuff announced in the past few months. Personally, I thought that Western Batman was kind of neat, but the one that really impressed me was the Arkham Knight Batman. It's kind of funny; it doesn't even seem like a PAK release, really. I'd argue that it's more accurate than the DC Collectibles version, honestly, which totally goes against the grain of pretty much everything PAK is known for.

I think a lot of the PAK talk goes into the thread thats in the Videogame section so this thread naturally got buried. I got Supergirl yesterday and Superman next week. So far, they're the only ones to come with 2 different faces: natural and angry/heat vision. I love the designs on these. I would've gotten Flash but at $90 a pop, can only get the members of the Super Family

Don't know if anyone post here before. Here're some new batman prototypes from NYCC.
I really like them and might get all of those after release.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413171014.169127.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1413171048.054749.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1413171060.672196.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1413171075.523279.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super super late to this party but picked these up at a local Comic Con yesterday & couldn't be happier with the deal I got on them...

CAM01741_zpsecgian0j.jpg

CAM01742_zpsxy8j5x4k.jpg

CAM01743_zpscvuyqyuh.jpg

CAM01744_zpsobm3euvh.jpg

Haven't had time to open them yet but will do at the weekend when I get some better light for pictures.

I actually wasn't going to get into this line because they can be pretty expensive but I got these for a frankly silly £55.00 for the pair so snapped them up & I couldn't be happier with them.

I was a bit gutted as I missed out on a Harley for £35 but not a big deal & I also missed a Green Lantern for £50 but I will definitely be looking for more down the line

Neil

Back