The Hobbits coming to Sideshow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish too...but I don't think this will happen from Weta or SS...unless they make it in a very tiny scale, like the one that Weta already made... :(

SS could easily make a Smaug similar to what they did for the Reign of Fire maquette, would sell well at that size. A full maquette would have to be pretty small since he's so big.

List of PFs I need from The Hobbit:

Bilbo
Thorin
Bard
Thranduil

That will do Sideshow. Feel free to make a start, whenever you're ready. :wave

I hope they make a smaug similar to the deathwing statue.

The deathwing is even bigger than the smaug in terms of scale so

if they make it in 1/48 or 1/72 scale it would work.

Well I need a Smaug Statue this damn minute.

I wish too...but I don't think this will happen from Weta or SS...unless they make it in a very tiny scale, like the one that Weta already made... :(

Technically, Weta have already released a Smaug statue, I've got this one:

Smaug Front by theguru1, on Flickr

And I can assure you, 'tiny' is the last thing one can call this statue. Sure, it's not an exact statue of what's in the movie, but it's still Smaug.

Personally, I half expect Weta to make a resonable size, open edition Smaug from the film.

Coming Soon as of December 2012? Come on Sideshow, get in the game. :tap

jpeg1.jpeg

Believe me, if they had an ACTUAL reveal then that product would get its own thread "SSC Thorin PF announced!" or whatever. Now with two full SDCC's coming and going I'm shocked that SSC is sitting on this license when excitement for the new trilogy is at its peak.

My suggestion would to just be concentrate on the amazing stuff Weta is doing. Just sayin....

After getting Saruman I might not get anything LOTR/Hobbit from SS if they do something...It would have to be something really really hot to get me in...maybe Merry and Pippin IF DONE IN 1/6 MAQUETTE which is IMHO not gonna happen...If they do a Mouth of Sauron PF I might get it...otherwise Weta is the ME statue god right now and will fullfil my ME needs nicely

My suggestion would to just be concentrate on the amazing stuff Weta is doing. Just sayin....

Almost all the Dwarf statues are unimpressive to me, sorry. I've also been seeing a lot of sloppy paint apps on faces of some characters. I also don't think any of the shorter statues are worth what they are charging considering their sizes. In person, these just don't do it for me. I'm kind of pissed I missed the clearance on Bofur on BBTS, since I'm a James Nesbitt fan, but oh well.

I'll probably be picking up the new Balrog, though. I had the Azog on order but cancelled it since he really does nothing for me in the movies.

Back