Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Confirmed Upcoming Sideshow Star Wars Releases: 1/6 Figures and Accessories

I'd kill for a 1/6 Talon... Especially since I missed out on the PF, need her for my Sith collection!

Before they get around such characters as Darth Talon or Slave leia, Sideshow must release a new body hiding articulation much better than the current prometheus.

why dont they just pay Hot toys to use their truetypes? They already do that with most of the armored figures why not just take the plunge and buy the rights to using true types

Money money money. That's why. ;) I'm sure they can make a better body, but maybe they're not willing to fork over the new tooling costs at the moment.

yeah but why ratcheting joints on doll bodies? If it's a robot sure... but knees and ankles? wtf sideshow get it together.

Before they get around such characters as Darth Talon or Slave leia, Sideshow must release a new body hiding articulation much better than the current prometheus.

Didnt even think about this, but very good point.

Money money money. That's why. ;) I'm sure they can make a better body, but maybe they're not willing to fork over the new tooling costs at the moment.

Money is certainly the #1 issue. They'd have to use this new body for quite a few releases to make it cost effective and i guess there aren't that many female characters that must have hidden joints... or at least female characters that would sell well enough.

Howard Chan did another QnA stating the next SW figure would be announced soon. He also said HT would be tackling the " Walking Carpet". :panic:

He says announcement will be made soon...

Howard Chan did another QnA stating the next SW figure would be announced soon. He also said HT would be tackling the " Walking Carpet". :panic:

And then it will be released some time in 2038, which will be good, as it will make for a great retirement gift for myself.

He says announcement will be made soon...

Is there an echo in here?.. in here... in here... in here...

Just saw that, too, in the Marvel section. Would love to see a HT Chewie. :duff

i was ironic. When howard chan says soon, he means we'll see the doll between 2018 and 2028

Folks are suggesting this was an April Fools prank. :dunno

Folks are suggesting this was an April Fools prank. :dunno

It wouldn't surprise me to hear that Howard Chan also doesn't understand the concept of April Fools.

Yeah, it was a hoax... although Chan had nothing to do with it. And honestly not a particuarly funny one, just someone fabricating a plausible sounding interview.

No Cade Skywalker or Starkiller mentioned as upcoming?

What, no love for the upcoming Super Deluxe Gonk Droid? It's got like 30 interchangeable parts. And a saddle (that's from the out-takes).

Back