Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can anyone tell me how to open the stand ps?

Do you want to know how to open the battery compartment or something else? The battery door comes out after removing one single philips head screw. Otherwise the stand can't be easily opened as it's glued together in various spots.

Thanks pixelpiper. haven't got back to you about the light saber, another thing is it safe to send in the post since I hear that they are very fragile. We'll talk about it again, for now I would like to get the stand opened completely so I can light up by AC

I'm also selling battery replacements that connect to AC - no need to open anything up, it's as simple as just replacing the batteries. This can connect in-line with the sabers.

The saber will be fine in a padded envelope. You can optionally wrap it in some folded paper before putting it in the envelope. I'll include directions on how to send it in PM when you're ready.

I'm also selling battery replacements that connect to AC - no need to open anything up, it's as simple as just replacing the batteries. This can connect in-line with the sabers.

The saber will be fine in a padded envelope. You can optionally wrap it in some folded paper before putting it in the envelope. I'll include directions on how to send it in PM when you're ready.

Do you have a thread or posting somewhere with info on this?? I am very curious!

Click on the "showroom" link in my signature for a bit of info, otherwise send me a PM. I'll have a dedicated thread and additional web site once I ramp volume - still waiting on some manufacturing for some parts of the kits.

Off topic, but Pixel are you still going to be doing lighting for Detolfs?

Yes. In multiple styles even. Black wiring, white wiring or zero wiring. Black, white and should this have decent sell-through, aluminum mounts/trim for the LEDs. Modular. I'll also be eventually offering replacement shelves with integrated lighting in various styles, including theme/movie/series-specific shelves.

"I'll ask you again, where is my latte?"
DSC_0948(resized).jpg

Here are some really quick images I just snapped. No futzing was done on the figures, Vader is still in mid-mod and the suit is all benched up, plus I've lost the chain for the cape and Vader's helmet isn't attached to his mask - it's actually riding high/back a bit. One of Luke's pouches fell off before snapping the pic too and no effort has been made to hide the wires that power the lights.

Sabers and Vader's belt/chest powered from my Vader Saber kit from a single 12v supply - this will be wired directly to the shelf once I'm done.

Last edited:
Here are some really quick images I just snapped. No futzing was done on the figures, Vader is still in mid-mod and the suit is all benched up, plus I've lost the chain for the cape and Vader's helmet isn't attached to his mask - it's actually riding high/back a bit. One of Luke's pouches fell off before snapping the pic too and no effort has been made to hide the wires that power the lights.

Sounds like a typical movie set. You need a dozen people running around in between takes to fix and adjust things.

Fellas, I need some help. My retailer received a reply from SSc in regards to vaders dome. Apparently they don't see any problems with it. To which i say...are you blind?? My request is, can someone please take close up photos of their stock vader helmet. Along with the display helmet as well. I wanna show them comparison shots. Pics that look similar to these preferably.

Stock dome that came unglued.

This is what it looks like on the head.

This is the other dome. Not as apparent as the original one, but it's still there.

I ask you guys...is it not apparent enough??

It would really help me out a great deal. It's frustrating that this can't be taken care of sooner.

You're my only hope....

Back