eFX Announce The Avengers Collectibles!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overwhelmed by what? Producing 3 items per year? :lol

kobe+bryant+lakers+gif+omg+wtf+is+going+on.gif

Overwhelmed by what? Producing 3 items per year? :lol

Do the math - they roll out a small handful items a year but they take pre-orders or show protos on almost twice as much as that. Pretty clear they're set up to handle just those 3 or however many items a year.

They have time to put out a SDCC exclusive that none of us can get from here though :(

saw this post from someone on facebook:

"All the SHIELD badges you sold at Wondercon yesterday just hit eBay for $200 to $300 dollar price tags. So now, all the customers that really wanted to buy one can't because you are all too stupid and lazy to sell them at your website. You don't deserve the Marvel licenses."

:lol :lol

Last edited:
My pics of the shield from SDCC:

You can see the black "wash" circles on it. Makes it look a little worn.

NOT THE EFX SHIELD, THIS IS FROM THE DIAMOND SELECT BOOTH. GOT MY PHOTOS CONFUSED.

Last edited:
I don't think they are black wash circles...I could be wrong but I think they are just grease that have not been properly wiped off the metal.
If their metal are spun, the type of grease they apply on is very hard to wipe off. So it could be just a production piece that is not finalized and complete. The custom one I made also has some "black" wash or grease on it but I've taken out about 90% of it.

15g5y74.jpg

I don't think this is the final version they will hand out to customers because it doesn't even look like the proto with those on it

When I got my Windlass Iron Monger Helmet it was CAKED with grease. It took my over an hour to get the bulk of it off.

Since the helmet is steel they recommended cleaning the grease off with WD-40 and making sure it is cleaned with it often.

Anyway isn't this shield fiberglass? Why would there be grease on it?

Last edited:
eeeee.....pretty underwhelmed if that is going to be a production piece. I don't want to make decisions based on a couple pictures but may need to give this one some serious thought. This is a big chunk of change.

Yeah, I am not sure where that horrible-looking shield was hanging, but it definitely was not EFX's booth.
That looks more like Diamond Select's booth... pretty sure the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man is theirs.

Here are the pics from the actual EFX booth (Personally, I really want the Battle Damaged one... looks AMAZING!):

The one posted with the "black wash" or "grease" lines are from the EFX booth, I was there to see them and talk to some of the reps.
I'm not sure why they put out that one on the floor of comic con though

You can also see the black lines on the battle damaged shield and regular shield you posted Dino...

Back