Looks like I just got scammed out of $3100

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man that sucks, but lesson learned and I doubt they'll ever be able to track her since they probably have already changed names and accounts and moved on.:gah:

Would you like to buy some HT figures from me? You can send me the money through PayPal as a "gift."

Paypal scams, and this is the oldest trick on the books

Next time post a question here, no matter how stupid it may seem, we can help you decide if its right or not.

Sorry for your loss of money

damn dude, you got some balls dealing with people from craigslist whom youve never even met or seen in person before....

Craiglist was made for people like this. I won't have anything to do with it. People are getting murdered and robbed through them. Stay away from it!

how can the bank say it's cleared and then come back and say it didn't? I'd fault them, because it sounds like their fault, or at least a problem with the bank.

I am so, so sorry to hear this. People in this world are extremely unkind and it will just get worse as time goes.

Thanks for the support, everyone. Looking back, I cannot believe how gullible I was.....life lesson for sure.

Yep lesson learned. Good luck! Hopefully the authorities can help. I doubt this was the first time this woman did this!

I'm still confused. So how exactly did she get your money? Did you cut her a check, or cut the mover a check? I don't get it.

He paid the mover before the check cleared. It didn't clear, so he paid out of pocket.

I think I got that right.

Is there no going back on payiing the mover? File a fraud thing with the mover, perhaps the mover was in on the scam? Did the mover deliver stuff to the home?

Is there no going back on payiing the mover? File a fraud thing with the mover, perhaps the mover was in on the scam? Did the mover deliver stuff to the home?

That's right. If they didn't move anything, they you don't owe them anything. If they did move her stuff in, then it's your's to sell.

Back