MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They supposedly already had stress cracks upon opening, according to most owners, but they all said it wasn't a big deal, nothing to worry about.

They never seem to get any worse, but they all have them.

Bummer, well maybe I'll get lucky and not have the cracks like some, but they don't look too bad if I do have them. I'll consider the cracks battle damage...or something.

Yeah.
Just don't panic if yours has the cracks.

I won't, but, if I'm brave enough, I might attempt filling the cracks (that sounds dirty, I know) with JB Weld or something. Then, touching up the paint. I'll have to confer with a buddy of mine that does customs.

There you go. :hi5:
Just enjoy the figure. It's got a great presence on your shelf and will be the one you can't stop looking at.

I wasn't planning on getting him yet, but for $400 shipped, I couldn't pass it up. I was planning on getting mark III & VI, first, to finish up the original Iron Man I, II & Avenger figures. Some day I'll be able to afford a proper display case...

I won't, but, if I'm brave enough, I might attempt filling the cracks (that sounds dirty, I know) with JB Weld or something. Then, touching up the paint. I'll have to confer with a buddy of mine that does customs.

The cracks are not anywhere you can get to them like that. And you could bust the joint wide open trying.
Leave them be. You'll never notice them, and they don't affect the posing.

The cracks are not anywhere you can get to them like that. And you could bust the joint wide open trying.
Leave them be. You'll never notice them, and they don't affect the posing.

CRAP! Now I need a motorized, rotating platform along with the Hall of Armor!

Thanks for the info! I guess I'll leave the cracks be.

Lol.
Always something else you need, eh? I know *that* feeling.
Search for *Trumpeter 7" turntable*

It works a treat for IM stuff.

I will! Those video absolutely sell it. What I really, REALLY need is a display case deep & wide enough to hold the HOA (when I eventually get them) with the Tony Stark Workshop platform in front of them. I'm not exactly sure how deep that would need to be. Perhaps 18" to 24"? Preferably a case with zero-edge, glass doors or, at the very least, a narrow frame (maybe aluminum) for the glass, so it doesn't obstruct the view too much.

I can tell you I have that setup going and it is every bit of 28" inches at the longest point. You need quite a large space. I have a display corner and it is wrapping around the middle of it with a crossing shelf to add depth.

image_zpsd66c1997.jpg

I will! Those video absolutely sell it. What I really, REALLY need is a display case deep & wide enough to hold the HOA (when I eventually get them) with the Tony Stark Workshop platform in front of them. I'm not exactly sure how deep that would need to be. Perhaps 18" to 24"? Preferably a case with zero-edge, glass doors or, at the very least, a narrow frame (maybe aluminum) for the glass, so it doesn't obstruct the view too much.

You might need to get a bespoke case for that job. I don't have my Tony Stark base here right now. It's on a shelf at work. I don't have room for it in my current display!
My own IM display is across four shelves and the top of one Detolf.
MKs I to IV and Tony on one shelf, MKs V, VI, VII, WM and Midas on the other, BD MKVII on an Avengers shelf, Iron Monger on his own, and a spare MKIII on the Gantry up top.

C7BB3BD4-896F-4210-95A7-F58F0B59E30E.jpg

1976F1FB-AFF0-4930-B1A2-163C9577952A.jpg

FDC4BCCD-BF7A-47C8-84F0-0EF091A79EB8.jpg

Just got an Iron Monger off ebay and I'm scared to death of him.

For a giant figure he still seems fragile to me. I can't get the back panels to open all the way and I'm sort of afraid to try. I bought this figure knowing about the cracked piston issue but I don't mind that since I can't see it and I just think of it as "battle damage" anyway. But I dread the sound of a crack when I try to open those panels.

There's also one big issue that's detracting seriously from my enjoyment of this figure: as you can see from the pic, he has a black stain on his forehead (which the seller didn't mention, and it wasn't in the auction pictures.) I'd really rather not send this figure back and then have to hunt one down all over again...does anyone have any ideas for how I can remove this stain?

Iron Monger 2.jpg

Just got an Iron Monger off ebay and I'm scared to death of him.

For a giant figure he still seems fragile to me. I can't get the back panels to open all the way and I'm sort of afraid to try. I bought this figure knowing about the cracked piston issue but I don't mind that since I can't see it and I just think of it as "battle damage" anyway. But I dread the sound of a crack when I try to open those panels.

There's also one big issue that's detracting seriously from my enjoyment of this figure: as you can see from the pic, he has a black stain on his forehead (which the seller didn't mention, and it wasn't in the auction pictures.) I'd really rather not send this figure back and then have to hunt one down all over again...does anyone have any ideas for how I can remove this stain?

View attachment 124025

Mr clean magic eraser. Works on everything else.

That's definitely a nerve-racking situation... trying to open the various panels and not knowing exactly where the hinges are, therefor, not knowing in which direction to pull. The directions can be very vague.

The hair dryer trick is good advice and a good place to start.

Thanks for the advice. I'm off to pick up Mr. Clean Magic Eraser tomorrow--and to borrow a hair dryer.

It'll be great if the Magic Eraser works. I've been looking for something that can remove stains from action figures for a long time.

Best of luck with this figure. The last one that I had the paint was kind of suspect. If you're not careful, and I was very careful the paint can be worn off very easily.
So much so that I didn't end up keeping it for very long. It may have just been mine though, good luck.

Mine looks almost as though someone tried to dry wash it to add "battle damage". But the seller swears it's stock. (And the seller has over 500 positive feedbacks, and no negatives at all.) But whenever I look at online reviews of the figure it looks a lot more silvery in color than mine. Mine definitely looks dry washed, like metal parts that were welded together and still have scorch marks. I like the look just fine, but I can't stand that stain on the forehead.

I'm gonna pick up some nail polish remover too. Hopefully one of them will work. Because sending this figure back is the least desirable option. The shipping will be huge and fighting with the seller over reimbursing me for it is yet another headache I don't need.

What annoys me is that he claims he never noticed the stain even though he had the figure on display for awhile. Are you kidding me? It was the first thing i noticed right out of the box!

Back