MR Han Solo Elite Blaster Announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolidLiquidFox

doing it...for all of us
Reaction score
It will cost $649.00 only available to Collector Society Members since it's an Elite. Edition size of 1250.

"Whether avoiding imperial entanglements, fending off would be assassins, or rescuing princesses in distress, Han Solo does it all with his trusty DL-44 blaster by his side.

Our first Elite Edition release of 2006 is a spectacular new replica of the firearm carried by everyone’s favorite Corellian pirate.

Created from premium materials, this exclusive Elite Edition blaster is built on an all new replica of an antique German semi-automatic pistol, and features incredible custom machined details that until recently remained unknown.

Crafted with our customary quality and attention to detail, this fully authorized replica has been recreated from Lucasfilm archival materials and features:

Never-before-seen details
Die-cast metal construction
See-through scope
Real wood grips
Machined steel replica MG81 booster/flash-suppressor
Pristine paint finish
Museum quality display case with mirrored base and acrylic cover
Prop story, numbered plaque and Certificate of Authenticity
Limited to 1250 pieces worldwide"

finally somehting i look forward to preordering from MR again. hurray.

hairlesswookiee said:
wow isnt that the 4th han solo blaster now???

If you count the mini. (five if you count the SDCC variant mini)

Still undecided. I sold my original ANH with the intentions of making my own, but I still haven't started the project and have yet to even track down a replica mauser. Deciding whether to go ahead with that plan or try for this own. Of course with the rate these usually sell out, I probably won't have to worry about it anyway :lol

With that many variations the only way I'm paying that much is if it really shoots.

oxbeard said:
Of course with the rate these usually sell out, I probably won't have to worry about it anyway :lol

I am not all that convinced it won't be around awhile, I think many people would rather have a weathered blaster than the pristine.

product.gif

Im actually liking the looks of this EE more than the weathered one, which is just cheaply painted IMO.

I'm just thankful that I can finally get ONE!

I've been waiting for this damn announcement for a long time!

:chew

F***! MR!!!!!!! Master Replicas is correct (of thier own product that is).

But I might actually buy this.......... DAMMMMM MR! I HATE YOU!!!

Jesse

Seriously looks sweet though, I see alot of owners of the original LE hating on this. I think some people are a little pissed at spending 1K plus for the lesser piece of the two with a larger edition size.

Last edited:
If this doesnt make you want to buy it, i dont know what will....

MRSWBryan said:
Hi All!

Let me answer some of your questions. . .

This Han Blaster differs from the original LE in several ways. The LE we made back in 2002 was based on a Denix, which is a copy of a Mauser. Now that we obtained better reference materials of the Mauser, we noted and corrected the differences between the two. As most of you know, the Han Blaster was actually made from a Mauser.

Then there are the infamous "toggle switches" located just behind the suppressor. In some shots they were there and in others they disappeared. After a lot of research and interviews, what we had concluded was that the photos that showed these "toggle swtiches" were the pre-publicity shots. However, this was a real firing gun. So, the first time that the gun was fired, the recoil probably popped those off since they were only glued on to the body. (The same for the infamous mystery disk) Therefore, for the EE, we are supplying BOTH pieces, so you can display it with the "toggle switches" or without.

The Suppressor has been revised slightly to be more accurate to the original piece.

The front fins were based on the actual plumbing adapter.

The trigger and hammer do work!

Everyone is correct. The display stand that is pictured is from the original LE (The plaque stand was photoshopped out!) Unfortunately the diplay stand that was sent to us was damaged in shipping and we were not able to repair it.

The scope bracket was corrected to the correct geometry.

The handles are real wood!

We decided to not weather this version not only because it is an EE, but since the LE was weathered, this one would complement the original LE nicely. Remember, we did 2 versions of the Obi Wan Lightsaber, "As Built By" and Weathered.

The edition size is 1,250 piece, but only 1,000 pieces will be avaialble domestically. 250 will be for international.

I hope this answers most of your quesions!

nash said:
If this doesnt make you want to buy it, i dont know what will....

nope, i have the first one they came out with. like most of their lightsabers and i will say i will probably never buy another MR product again. their new slogan should be "Master Replicas, we're all about the customers-- because no matter how many times we re-release the same prop, people will still buy them"

I am there with you Nash regardless of what the haters say.

Some of those same people angrily dissing this prop will be posting the "I got mine" replies on rebelscum on Tuesday. :rolleyes:

SolidLiquidFox said:
I am there with you Nash regardless of what the haters say.

Some of those same people angrily dissing this prop will be posting the "I got mine" replies on rebelscum on Tuesday. :rolleyes:

hey im sorry if i offend anyone with my hatred for MR, im just one of the original collectors that is a little angry about the whole Elite Edition situation. i will hope everyone that missed out on the originals can get one of these, because MR does make some fantastic stuff. :lol

No offense taken wookie. Not refering to you personally but you know what I am talking about. The hype of the preorder day gets the most of scummers (rebelscum posters).

Even the haters. :D

lol yeah i stopped going to rebelscum a long time ago. but i still remember the good old days of camping out waiting to order my lightsabers... they were almost as fun as the excitment of the 12" sideshow preorders.

i might be throwing the first Han blaster on ebay soon... ill give you guys a head's up if it happens.

hairlesswookiee said:
i might be throwing the first Han blaster on ebay soon... ill give you guys a head's up if it happens.

I would do it quickly if you decided to do so, no sense in getting less then you could because of a delay. I can see this dropping the value of the LE without a doubt.

Jesse

Jesseawilson said:
I would do it quickly if you decided to do so, no sense in getting less then you could because of a delay. I can see this dropping the value of the LE without a doubt.

Jesse

i know, but this is the only blaster i have besides the jango set. and i really like it so its a tough decision. my GF gave it to me as a B-day present when it came out so technically im not losing money on it :eek: i am serisouly thinking about picking up the boba blaster, but its really expensive and i know there will be another EE in a year or so.

Back