Han Solo's screen-used DL-44 blaster up for auction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh. Greedo shot first. ;)

Indeed.
Get the T-shirt.

tee-greedo-shot-first-tshir.jpg

Screen used props will always involve a lot of money, the more iconic the highest price they will go for.

Or, there actually is...
anh-hero-dl-44-discussion-three-anh-greeblies-found-mosw.jpg-148489d1362868812

Exactly. There were quite a few props that fired in SW, especially in ANH. They had to bring heavily modified Sterlings to Tunisia because if the laws there for example. In ESB they used more resin blasters

I believe that the pictures of me holding a screen used blaster is this very one. It is from a very well noted collector. He has many true items in enormous his collection.

Sorry, I have pictures of me holding this blaster. Just compared the prop picture from the auction and my private pictures . They are the same piece.

Last edited:
99% certain this blaster came from the Steve Sansweet Collection originally, then was sold to The Prop Store. If I am not mistaken it's been placed in the auction by Prop Store.

I held this blaster at both Steve's place years ago, and at Prop Stores LA office.

It's a legit piece, no doubt at all.

How much would a movie accurate han blaster cost from RPF? I mean the mauser itself is pretty expensive.

How much would a movie accurate han blaster cost from RPF? I mean the mauser itself is pretty expensive.

Go register on the RPF and locate previous threads where one was built. By accurate if you mean like the one up for auction......then it would fairly cheap being that it's a bad resin cast of the hero version. If you want a hero version then it will be very expensive, assuming you can get all the pieces.

Check this out:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sCReGjfZ_A[/ame]

A real Mauser C96 will cost over $1K in good condition. I would just get a Denix Mauser ($70) as a frame and get good parts for it. Plus, I just hate the idea of destroying part of history because you have to cut the barrel off for a hero.

Darkenergycreations:
https://darkenergycreations.com/stillavailable.aspx
They should be doing another "affordable" run soon. Get on the INT list in the junkyard.

Hope this helps...

You need to know what parts are involved in making this: real C96 Mauser, or MCG Mauser, or resin Mauser (I'm not an expert, but IIRC they also used MGC Mauser in the Cantina scenes). Or go for the cool Denix Mauser, cheap and pretty accurate (MR was made after this).

Then depends on what greeblies are you using, metal or resin, and how accurate are they, and who is their maker. You can also try using as much as possible real parts (like a real flash hider, real scope) and that will be VERY expensive and rare to find too, but for a real Mauser real parts are the best.

Back