Bob's Burgers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This show was terrible. I wasn't expecting much so I wasn't let down. Is this replacing American Dad or what?

Best part of last night's episode was when people in the background kept seeing the "may contain human flesh" sign and just stopping and screaming. Hilarious.

I was suprised I liked it, it was funnier then Family Guy but thats not hard nowadays. The lead character is also from Home Movies and has a great voice.

One look at the animation and I can tell I'd have no interest in this. Not into Family guy, American Dad or any of those lame shows.

I have to admit to judging a book based on its cover. This looks like a copy of the animation style of American Dad and Family Guy, both shows I think are utter and complete crapola. Not just for the animation, but the total lamebrainness behind them.

I see it may not be by the same people, and instead is by some people behind Dr Katz. If its more like Dr Katz than AmericanFamilyIdiotGuyTrash, then I might like it.

I have to admit to judging a book based on its cover. This looks like a copy of the animation style of American Dad and Family Guy, both shows I think are utter and complete crapola. Not just for the animation, but the total lamebrainness behind them.

I see it may not be by the same people, and instead is by some people behind Dr Katz. If its more like Dr Katz than AmericanFamilyIdiotGuyTrash, then I might like it.

Yeah, this show is very much like Dr Katz and Home Movies. Same joke style as those shows too but maybe a bit more mainstream.

It's worth giving it a try. Like I said my wife even liked it and she is not a fan of most animated shows other than Phineas and Ferb.

Yea its much more like Home Movies and not anywhere near as random as Family Guy or American Dad.

Watched 2 minutes of the show and turned it off. Fan of Simpsons, Family Guy, and American Dad (which is supposed to get replaced by Bob's Burgers if it does well), but couldnt watch this show.

As far as I could tell there was no intelligence behind the comedy (in the two minutes I watched). Itchy crotch and a device that makes fart sounds...

Really really awful....

yeah, thats pretty much what I see everytime I flip through channels and American Dad and Family Guy are on. At least the Simpsons and South Park are smart.

yeah, thats pretty much what I see everytime I flip through channels and American Dad and Family Guy are on. At least the Simpsons and South Park are smart.

Dude, Family guy is one of the most intelligent shows on TV (at least it used to be). EVERYTHING is a politcal satire or old movie reference or eluding to something else. In order to fully understand Family Guy (which I do not at all) you would have to be omnicient!

Dude, Family guy is one of the most intelligent shows on TV (at least it used to be). EVERYTHING is a politcal satire or old movie reference or eluding to something else. In order to fully understand Family Guy (which I do not at all) you would have to be omnicient!

There's a huge difference between referencing something and intelligently satirizing it.

That said, I love me some Family Guy and American Dad, regardless.

"Smart" is not about throwing around useless references around. Otherwise the freaking Gilmore Girls would be the smartest show ever. :lol

I don't watch the show, so maybe I'm wrong, but I can't get past the base idiocy that I see in the limited moments I see while flipping. This is coming from someone who isn't bothered by the crassness of South Park, IMO Family Guy is just retarded and immature.

Have they ever made something as smart as the South Park "Goobacks" episode?

"Smart" is not about throwing around useless references around. Otherwise the freaking Gilmore Girls would be the smartest show ever. :lol

I don't watch the show, so maybe I'm wrong, but I can't get past the base idiocy that I see in the limited moments I see while flipping. This is coming from someone who isn't bothered by the crassness of South Park, IMO Family Guy is just retarded and immature.

Have they ever made something as smart as the South Park "Goobacks" episode?

:thud: Isnt making references to something else the definition of smart humor? Otherwise it's slapstick. that being said, I couldnt tell you how smart South Park is cause I can't stand the show. :lol

So...I guess it comes down to personal preference on this one. :hi5:

:thud: Isnt making references to something else the definition of smart humor? Otherwise it's slapstick. that being said, I couldnt tell you how smart South Park is cause I can't stand the show. :lol

So...I guess it comes down to personal preference on this one. :hi5:

It is subjective. I find South Park to be very smart as the satire goes beyond just name dropping. It cuts to the core of the topic at hand and makes fools of everyone on all sides of the same issue.

The limited amount of Family Guy I've seen is like the footballhead baby wears a costume and thats supposed to be a witty commentary on politics or something. It doesn't fly with me.

Back