The Last Exorcism

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You and your R rated movies. :lol

It doesn't mean it wouldn't be good. But I don't care for movies like this.

Well, the reason I like R-Rated horror flicks is, they can push further, and that gives you a sense of unease. What are they going to do now? HOLY ____! DID SHE EAT A BABY!? Wow...creepy!

That, and those little annoying brats that go to the movies every friday...ugh. I hate them. :lol

No. But it sets up the tone. And if a movie feels like it's only giving 30 % of what it should...then it could suck.

I wish I could get people to understand my quarrel....but I dont think I ever will. :(

No. But it sets up the tone. And if a movie feels like it's only giving 30 % of what it should...then it could suck.

I wish I could get people to understand my quarrel....but I dont think I ever will. :(

Probably because you don't make sense. :lol

Well, the reason I like R-Rated horror flicks is, they can push further, and that gives you a sense of unease. What are they going to do now? HOLY ____! DID SHE EAT A BABY!? Wow...creepy!

That, and those little annoying brats that go to the movies every friday...ugh. I hate them. :lol

Ratings have nothing to do with how good a movie is.

:exactly:

The movies of yesteryear that really stuck with you left all the gore to your imagination.

I like gore as much as the next guy, but Hitchcock sure didn't need it.

The movies of yesteryear that really stuck with you left all the gore to your imagination.

I like gore as much as the next guy, but Hitchcock sure didn't need it.

I'm actually glad you brought this up! Because it'll prove my point.

Now my issue with the PG-13 horror is that they never ever show anything. Now...true, a scene where a man has a knife, and starts to unbuckle his pants infront of a beat up women, and then cutting it right there, is a lot more powerful then showing him rape her.

However, if you never show anything, the audience never senses the danger. For example....

Alien. Hardly any gore...but the scenes that there was gore, really had an impact. It gave the film that sense of "Oh ____...the cuffs are off now" kind of thing.

I'm not asking for much. I just dont enjoy horror movies that get restricted just to make money.

Oh it is possible to make a PG-13 horror film work....but that happens so very, very rarely.

Ratings have nothing to do with how good a movie is.
I would have to disagree with this. Take the Wolverine movie for example. When it came out as PG-13 I knew it wasn't going to be as good as it should have been. It didn't suck, but could have been so much more.

First Conan movie. Rated R, kicked ass. Second one, PG-13, sucked.

I think this movie will probably be ok, but the PG-13 may limit the amound of horror in it. JMHO.

Back