new clone undersuit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

automaton

Super Freak
Reaction score
SST has introduced a new under suit for their clone troopers… i think it may be a good idea to offer these under suits for sale (at a cost of course) individually for continuities sake. what are the chances of this happening?

Unfortunarely..slim to none. No other change has ever been offered that way. They will have to be gotten on the SM for the upgrades to existing clones.

I just hope these new ones do the job. I have been dissatisfied with all of the pleather ones so far.

i thought the new undersuit was some sort of fabric... it looked great on display either way (but i still like the original too)... whether it is 'better" or not is something time will tell... i am just more curious as to people's desire for clone continuity (perhaps making both available individually would satisfy everyone).

It'd be nice if they offered the wire part of the new stands as well (the crotch stands) that come with the new troops figure. These work much better with most figures, especially troopers.

I'd think Sideshow could have a lot of interest if they did sell separate items, like the suit, updated stand parts, etc, off their website.

Sean

i only like the crotch stand with troopers. I think the waist stands work better for most other figures and poses.

I would check the secondary market vendors that part-out the various SSC/HT/etc components. They might carry them in time, but it is completely doubtful that SSC would offer the suits; maybe the bases since they already sell those generic ones.

after checking out the figure i have to say i really like the new suit... but i also have nothing against the old suit either.

automaton, you beat me to starting this thread.:lol

I would suggest perhap a poll on how keen are fans on purchasing these might actually convince Sideshow to do so if response is positive.

I simply wish for consistency in our collection. Displaying Clone troopers from the various unit together simply look awkward with 2 difference suits.:(

automaton, you beat me to starting this thread.:lol

I would suggest perhap a poll on how keen are fans on purchasing these might actually convince Sideshow to do so if response is positive.

I simply wish for consistency in our collection. Displaying Clone troopers from the various unit together simply look awkward with 2 difference suits.:(

yes... exactly. we Star Wars collectors may be mistaken for OCD poster boys / girls at times... we need consistency!

yes... exactly. we Star Wars collectors may be mistaken for OCD poster boys / girls at times... we need consistency!

I thought it would be great if Sideshow can sell them perhaps in packs containing 5 pieces each?:pray:

I thought it would be great if Sideshow can sell them perhaps in packs containing 5 pieces each?:pray:

yes, seems like a no brainer... an additional income source from a locked in demographic.

When my SDCC clone arrived I was at first let down to see the new suit, for continuity reasons. When I introduced him to his phase one brother I noticed something. My phase one clone has red smears around the back of his knees and especially under his arms. It turns out the old pleather suit is rubbing a sort of red dye off on his white armor!!! I even had it on my hands then getting a nice rusty red finger print right on his chest. So I am more than happy to switch to the new cloth suit ASAP!

As for the stand I did not know it was for the crotch. OOPS! I was annoyed thinking it was to hold him up under his arms but I was thinking how bogus that was since the wire was not long enough really to secure him and stay in the plastic bit of the stand. DOH!

red smears? even more reason SST should consider offering the new body suit individually. the sooner the better if they want to avoid a future recall (why not justifiably charge us for the body suits now instead of waiting for a potential "smear campaign").

The new version of the body suit was also on the Capt Rex and 501st Clone figure but NOT the Coruscant Clone figure due soon.

Back