new clone undersuit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trust me when I say that I do prefer the new ones. But I am able to make the old ones work well-enough until the massive influx of Sideshow Clones into the hobby drives the prices of these down to what I find to be more reasonable.

But I also understand that their value will differ from person to person. I have done more than my share of spending what others may find to be an excessive cost for many items. But with these suits, the thing that I dislike about the old ones the most is the hinderence to the articulation...and that can largely be overcome with a little time on the futzing. So that keeps the new ones from being worth as much to me.

Even with extra suits, there is still the issue of removing the armour for swapping. :thud::lol

Where there is a will, there is a way. Use the idea of reverse engineering on them and don't be afraid to "unglue" and re-glue something that might be needed.

You guys figured out safe removal of the armour? :)

Actually it's pretty simple though I can understand some not wanting to try it but you will need a flat head screwdriver and Loctite. I was able to pry the armor apart at the seams gently without breaking it. This is probably how TA does it to break their clones down. After the chest and waist armor are removed you can easily remove the vinyl body suit and replace it with the improved 501st. You will have to reglue the armor at the seams with Loctite which bonds in seconds but once it is bonded and if you are careful it will not even look like the armor was ever removed. Like I said I can totally understand reluctance to try this but I had no problems at all separating the armor with a little bit of "force" you can pry it open.

web.jpg
web.jpg

Last edited:
Here's another comparison of the armor seam.

Before:

web.jpg

After:

web.jpg

Back