What are the must see attractions at Disney World?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue_rogue

Super Freak
Reaction score
The company my girlfriend works for goes on a retreat every year and they have meetings. They are going to Orlando this year and will be right near Disney World. I was able to take a vacation week that week so I'm going too. We'll be there May 15-22.

Star Wars Weekends just happens to be on the 21st and 22nd! :chew

There's so much to do we're trying to put together a list of priorities. We'll have at least 2 1/2 days for Disney when we first get there. I definitely want to check out Star Tours and she wants to do the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. We'll attend one of the days for Star Wars Weekend before we leave and I'm really hoping the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios will be open by the time we take the trip. Other than that we're trying to come up with a list. Any recommendations?

I pretty much love almost every ride there, but my favorites are Tower of Terror, Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean.

2.5 days at Disney would traditionally work like this. If you are staying on-site do the Disney Dining Plan (only an option on-site) it makes food a ton easier. If not, worry not. Get a Park Hopper pass but not a "plus" because that would allow Water Park access which you probably won't use. The parks stagger opening/closing times so figure out which park opens first and earliest and start there, then finish at the park that closes last.

EPCOT
-Mission: Space
-Test Track
-Tour the Countries
-Soarin'
-Spaceship Earth

MAGIC KINGDOM
-Splash Mountain
-Space Mountain
-Big Thunder Mountain
-Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
-The Haunted Mansion
-Mad Tea Party
-Mickey's Philharmagic
-Pirates of the Caribbean

ANIMAL KINGDOM
-Dinosaur
-Expedition Everest
-Finding Nemo - The Musical
-Kali River Rapids
-Kilimanjaro Safari
-Triceratops Spin

DISNEY STUDIOS
-Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
-Star Tours
-Fantasmic!
-Tower of Terror
-The Great Movie Ride
-Toy Story Mania
-Indiana Jones Stunt Show
-Lights, Motors, Action! Stunt Show

Use the FASTPASS system whenever possible and as many times as possible. Its a lifesaver.

The company my girlfriend works for goes on a retreat every year and they have meetings. They are going to Orlando this year and will be right near Disney World. I was able to take a vacation week that week so I'm going too. We'll be there May 15-22.

Star Wars Weekends just happens to be on the 21st and 22nd! :chew

There's so much to do we're trying to put together a list of priorities. We'll have at least 2 1/2 days for Disney when we first get there. I definitely want to check out Star Tours and she wants to do the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. We'll attend one of the days for Star Wars Weekend before we leave and I'm really hoping the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios will be open by the time we take the trip. Other than that we're trying to come up with a list. Any recommendations?

If I were you, I would be very picky on what you choose to see because believe me, you aren't going to have time to see most of it. You need at least a week if not more to cover it. And since you want to go to Universal too, I'd plan on just sticking to one or two sections of the park. IMO, I'd leave out Magic Kingdom because that's geared towards the younger crowd. If I had to pick two, I'd go with Epcot and Disney Studios for now. Hopefully one day you can go and enjoy it all.

2.5 days at Disney would traditionally work like this. If you are staying on-site do the Disney Dining Plan (only an option on-site) it makes food a ton easier. If not, worry not. Get a Park Hopper pass but not a "plus" because that would allow Water Park access which you probably won't use. The parks stagger opening/closing times so figure out which park opens first and earliest and start there, then finish at the park that closes last.

EPCOT
-Mission: Space
-Test Track
-Tour the Countries
-Soarin'
-Spaceship Earth

MAGIC KINGDOM
-Splash Mountain
-Space Mountain

-Big Thunder Mountain
-Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
-The Haunted Mansion
-Mad Tea Party
-Mickey's Philharmagic
-Pirates of the Caribbean

ANIMAL KINGDOM
-Dinosaur
-Expedition Everest
-Finding Nemo - The Musical
-Kali River Rapids
-Kilimanjaro Safari
-Triceratops Spin

DISNEY STUDIOS
-Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
-Star Tours
-Fantasmic!
-Tower of Terror
-The Great Movie Ride
-Toy Story Mania
-Indiana Jones Stunt Show
-Lights, Motors, Action! Stunt Show

Use the FASTPASS system whenever possible and as many times as possible. Its a lifesaver.

Highlighted my favorites from Mike's list.

Don't forget to jump on a plane, fly to California and go on the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland. ;)

If you are doing Universal just to do it, then it can be done in one day. There is a "fast pass" styled thing they sell which allows one ride at the front of the line for each attraction, so when we last went my wife and I with a couple of buddies did IOA and Universal in one operating day.

As for the Disney stuff you can do it if you're dedicated. The bus system is pretty good once you get the hang of it and if you hit at park opening and go until park closing you'll get the majority. Its fun to park hop. We always stay on site since we bought a Disney timeshare and the real benefit to staying on site is the Extra Magic Hours, you get an hour at one park early in the morning and 3 hours after closing at a different park where the crowds have shrunk tremendously, that definitely helps...on July 4th the Magic Kingdom was open until 4 AM and they even brought out characters to ride rides with people.

Universal Studios Island of Adventure had the better rides last time I went. I personally think Disney World is OK for kids, but not so much for the adults unless you are nostalgic from going as a kid. The space shuttle roller coaster was pretty good, though. Splash Mountain is also good, though Universal Islands of Adventure had a Dudley Do-Right version that is better. Universal also had a Jurassic Park ride that was awesome, and the Dueling Dragons roller coasters that were fun. Also, Hulk, Spidey, and FF rides.

Universal Studios Island of Adventure had the better rides last time I went. I personally think Disney World is OK for kids, but not so much for the adults unless you are nostalgic from going as a kid. The space shuttle roller coaster was pretty good, though. Splash Mountain is also good, though Universal Islands of Adventure had a Dudley Do-Right version that is better. Universal also had a Jurassic Park ride that was awesome, and the Dueling Dragons roller coasters that were fun. Also, Hulk, Spidey, and FF rides.

The only good thing ever to come out of Hulk is the roller coaster. :)

if you are doing universal just to do it, then it can be done in one day. There is a "fast pass" styled thing they sell which allows one ride at the front of the line for each attraction, so when we last went my wife and i with a couple of buddies did ioa and universal in one operating day.
worth the money! Cannot stress that enough.

EDIT: Imagine that^ in caps, because that's how I typed it.

isn't the harry potter park open now?

Nope, it's still under construction. It opens "Spring 2010."

Universal Studios is my # 1 priority if the Harry Potter park is open when we go. If it isn't we might just skip Universal all together.

Back