What to do, ARGH FRIENDS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skiman

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondered and I'm sure this has happened to many peeps... I have some buddies and they are older and single at the moment, of course most of you guys/gals know that I got recently married in October and it was one of the best days of my entire life.

Well here's the scoop, I have these friends that go out clubbing and they go to places that are way younger for them, I'm 32 right now and these guys are getting up there close to the 40 marker. The problem is that even though I don't drink often or at all, I would like to hang with them but I'm so out of that scene it's not even funny. It's total boredom, I mean if I'm gonna drink I'm gonna go somewhere with awesome beer and really just to catch up with my buds, not some place with pounding bass and where you can't hear the person next to you on what they are saying...

I know they are single but why are they still into this scene do you ever think they'll ever grow out of it or continue to party like it's 1999. :lol

My deal is I don't wanna hang with college kids and drink Bud Light, Budweiser and Coronas at a bar. Do I have the problem....? Thank god I have this hobby and bodybuilding because I don't think I could rely on these guys for a good time out :D

I just think I'm over it and chilling places that have character are more my style these days...

Thoughts comments, all appreciated.

I would start throwing out other suggestions like say you want to go a grab food instead or bowling. Problem is bro, that they are still trying to hold on to being young and you aren't that immature. You might need a new crowd. :eek:

I would start throwing out other suggestions like say you want to go a grab food instead or bowling. Problem is bro, that they are still trying to hold on to being young and you aren't that immature. You might need a new crowd. :eek:

I know bro, I'd rather spend my whole Friday night on the forums than go out like that. Really love hanging out with my gal, we basically agree or think the same on the subject, she doesn't get it either, they are basically grown men that like this teeny bobber scene.

At least UFC is gonna be this weekend, I know they'll wanna watch that. :rock

Nothing wrong with wanting to stay young by having fun how you see fit? but they shouldn't try to force it on to you! so i agree with Morbach just ask to do something more "mature" if they don't want to? tell them where to go :lol

I actually lost touch with quite a few friends for just that reason. It's almost like I grew up and they didn't... of course I still collect toys and they don't. :lol

Nothing wrong with you bro. I have a friend that I knew in college, and all we did was drink. Well, 10 years later, and he is still drinking strong, passing out drunk everytime we get together. I recently told him that it would be nice to hang out with you when you don't pass out - you know, so I can actually hang out with you. I think that really hit him hard because he has no vowed to not get stupid drunk anymore. Time will tell...

Just explain to them, that those sort of places are not your scene anymore.
If they really want go there, then say you will stay in and take a pass that night, but if they don't go out to where you want to,at least once a month, then I would stop hanging out with them all together.
I'm 38 and I find, especially when you have kids, that when you get some free time you want to spend it with your wife. I still go out with my friends once a month and play squash with my best friend every week, but going out for a meal or the movies with my wife is what I enjoy the most.

I feel pretty much the same way. I do not go out to clubs anymore, but my friends still do. I find the best way to hang out with some buddies is to go watch a football or basketball game at one of the sports bars. Or even tailgating a football game is still fun to me. The gambling boat is also a nice place to go hang out for awhile.

If your buddies will not meet you half way on something you enjoy, it might be time to try to meet some newer people that share your interests.

I know bro, I'd rather spend my whole Friday night on the forums than go out like that. Really love hanging out with my gal, we basically agree or think the same on the subject, she doesn't get it either, they are basically grown men that like this teeny bobber scene. At least UFC is gonna be this weekend, I know they'll wanna watch that. :rock
And when that goes off...watch Blade 2. :lol :rock

You've matured. And drinking better beer is always a plus move on. Friends are friends, but there is a time to move on.

Yea Dave that is a little ridiculous...I am....24...(for a second I forgot how old I was) and I am way past that scene. Well actually I was never one for the clubs, I hated that crap. I got myself a lady but even then I am not even a huge bar fan, unless it is a sports bar or a bar that DOES NOT PLAY fing pop music. I like my div bars where the beer is cheap and no one is yelling or screaming. Rock on man.

Fortunately for me, most of my friends agree.

I stopped going to clubs about 11+ years ago .......... back then I was young and stupid. Imo and no offence to anyone that enjoys clubbing but if I ever wanted to film a movie about the biggest losers i'd start at night clubs. Seriously. I could never understand what the hell a club had to offer other than trouble?

I don't know about your towns but Edmonton is like the United Nations, we have a very diverse community but that also causes clashes and nasty scraps. Very stupid when you add 18-22 (age) into the mix. Clubs (at least here) is a walking ground for stress release via ass kickings. Still understandable because again imo night clubs are for the younger crowd. You SHOULD eventually grow out of it.

Lame scene. Get some new friends Dave .............. at least if they don't wanna grow up. You have a great woman that you're now responsible for and maybe eventually children too. Different priorities demands change imo.

Yea Dave that is a little ridiculous...I am....24...(for a second I forgot how old I was) and I am way past that scene. Well actually I was never one for the clubs, I hated that crap. I got myself a lady but even then I am not even a huge bar fan, unless it is a sports bar or a bar that DOES NOT PLAY fing pop music. I like my div bars where the beer is cheap and no one is yelling or screaming. Rock on man.

Fortunately for me, most of my friends agree.

That's exactly the same way I am, I like the div bars if I'm gonna go anywhere... I was telling my friends, hey guys I don't get a chance to go out much with my schedule and my bodybuilding gig, so whenever we do go out, lets not make it the same old place you guys have been going all these years or all this year :lol I sweat they go to this place like every freaking weekend, just don't get why they aren't sick and tired of that shat.

I'm really liking in the summer time whenever me and my gal go to the wineries or if we go to a tap bar where there's dozen different types of brew to taste and try out. That's more my scene, I guess it's more of an event place I'm all in for it. Of course I do make exceptions for these guys whenever it's their b-day or if we have a Halloween party, NYE's, that sort of stuff...

I stopped going to clubs about 11+ years ago .......... back then I was young and stupid. Imo and no offence to anyone that enjoys clubbing but if I ever wanted to film a movie about the biggest losers i'd start at night clubs. Seriously. I could never understand what the hell a club had to offer other than trouble?

I don't know about your towns but Edmonton is like the United Nations, we have a very diverse community but that also causes clashes and nasty scraps. Very stupid when you add 18-22 (age) into the mix. Clubs (at least here) is a walking ground for stress release via ass kickings. Still understandable because again imo night clubs are for the younger crowd. You SHOULD eventually grow out of it.

Lame scene. Get some new friends Dave .............. at least if they don't wanna grow up. You have a great woman that you're now responsible for and maybe eventually children too. Different priorities demands change imo.

I hear yah man, the most exciting part of our relationship is to have children and to have get togethers at our new home this year or next year for the kids! :lol

Oh and to start training the next Mr. Olympians Ski Juniors :lol :rock (I joke they can decide whatever they are into)

That's exactly the same way I am, I like the div bars if I'm gonna go anywhere... I was telling my friends, hey guys I don't get a chance to go out much with my schedule and my bodybuilding gig, so whenever we do go out, lets not make it the same old place you guys have been going all these years or all this year :lol I sweat they go to this place like every freaking weekend, just don't get why they aren't sick and tired of that shat.

I'm really liking in the summer time whenever me and my gal go to the wineries or if we go to a tap bar where there's dozen different types of brew to taste and try out. That's more my scene, I guess it's more of an event place I'm all in for it. Of course I do make exceptions for these guys whenever it's their b-day or if we have a Halloween party, NYE's, that sort of stuff...

Ok another question...do any of them actually get laid by the young chicks or is it just a lost cause?

It is all good though man, they will hopefully come around eventually but you are in a tough position especially if they are close friends. You don't want to phase yourself out by not going but at the same time you gotta be true to yourself. Of course if they are really close friends they will understand. For you could just crush skulls.

Bro, I like you but you have to realize that marriage is the kiss of death to youth and most friendships. Unless you are one of those rare couples that party together then you just settle down and become old and have old couple friends.

Your friends have different priorities then you at this time. They want to get laid and be crazy. I would just respect that and personally if it was me in this situation I would go out with them as much as possible! You have the rest of your life to lazily sip some quality beer but I know you won't be telling crazy stories about it on your deathbed. :lol

Live fast. Live Rock N' Roll. :rock

Peace Brotha.

Ok another question...do any of them actually get laid by the young chicks or is it just a lost cause?

It is all good though man, they will hopefully come around eventually but you are in a tough position especially if they are close friends. You don't want to phase yourself out by not going but at the same time you gotta be true to yourself. Of course if they are really close friends they will understand. For you could just crush skulls.

No they do NOT, and that's the worst part of it... It's not like they even socialize whenever we are there, at least I would have someone to meet or talk along with mingling and making friends. They basically sit there and oogle at the younglings...:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

That's is what is crazy the only way they ever talked to girls in the past whenever I was single and whenever I would meet someone and that would break the ice with their group and then it's all downhill from there on because the ice is broken, ppl are introduced and the leg work and foundation was set by me. I've figuring they have a harder time about it nowadays (I haven't been going out with them for about 6 years now... I would, just here and there).

It's funny because one of my friends from the group is sort of getting tired of it. I'll ask him, "how did it go last night" and he'll respond "same o, same o" (basically standing around getting drunk and getting nowhere :lol)

As you can see there's all different types of issues here besides me not finding the crap they are doin fun... but yeah they have been long term friends for a couple decades.

Hey guys, just wondered and I'm sure this has happened to many peeps... I have some buddies and they are older and single at the moment, of course most of you guys/gals know that I got recently married in October and it was one of the best days of my entire life.

Well here's the scoop, I have these friends that go out clubbing and they go to places that are way younger for them, I'm 32 right now and these guys are getting up there close to the 40 marker. The problem is that even though I don't drink often or at all, I would like to hang with them but I'm so out of that scene it's not even funny. It's total boredom, I mean if I'm gonna drink I'm gonna go somewhere with awesome beer and really just to catch up with my buds, not some place with pounding bass and where you can't hear the person next to you on what they are saying...

I know they are single but why are they still into this scene do you ever think they'll ever grow out of it or continue to party like it's 1999. :lol

My deal is I don't wanna hang with college kids and drink Bud Light, Budweiser and Coronas at a bar. Do I have the problem....? Thank god I have this hobby and bodybuilding because I don't think I could rely on these guys for a good time out :D

I just think I'm over it and chilling places that have character are more my style these days...

Thoughts comments, all appreciated.

Ski, I got married about two years ago (Sept 22 2007) and just over a year after that we had a baby (Oct 13 2008). I went from being the focal point of my group of buddies (the one who set things up, the one who would have his buddies over and throw parties, etc) to barely getting a phone call once a month from many of them. Maybe the change in my life was too much for them? I'd like to think that we're just at different points in our lives. They're still hitting bars and getting sloppy drunk while I'm cool with just having two or three beers on a Saturday night while my wife and I cook dinner. Sometimes I think that this site has replaced some of that lost interaction... Anyway bro, it happens... We drift apart from our friends. You just have to remember that their priority on a night out is more about chasing ladies then enjoying time with buddies.

I totally feel you Ski.... I used to DJ in Tampa when I was 19-23. Sure it was fun, but I was basically the only sober person there. :lol
I was never into drinking much, just loved the music....

As far as your friends, if they're getting into their 40's and still find that kind of scene appealing, then they prob won't grow out of it anytime soon.... Sure going to a club on a RARE occassion is fun, but not EVERY week! The only time I MAY find myself at a club is if someone invited me, or if some big DJ/producer was performing. Other than that, I save my money and my liver :D

Like someone said though, just make the suggestion to go somewhere else to catch up..... Pub, wine bar, restaurant, whatever..... Unfortunately a lot of social setting are surrounded by alcohol, which is cool. Just gotta find the more mature settings :cool:

Back