when company comes over.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadcent

Super Freak
Reaction score
just brought this up in another thread and was wondering what happens with you guys when someone comes over that doesn't know about your collection.

what's their response and secondly which statues or pieces do they tend to attract to the most??

here's my story.
just last night i had a couple of old friends over that hadn't ever seen my collection or even knew about sideshow or marvel statues, but they were both familiar with marvel comics, characters etc. and one has a 13yr son that's into all the movies etc.
well guess which statue they were completely amazed with and kept coming back to all the time?

well out of my LOTR collection w/daddy rog and many baddy PF's, Star wars PF's, all my moore and aspen ladies, and of course my marvel dios, comiquettes and PF's which include the three spidey PF's and the Doom PF, well guess which piece they were most blown away by and kept coming back to..................................

that's right baby, the PF HULK ruled all. (of course i showed them the life size afterwards.:lol)

oh yeah and the Hellboy 2 PF was a very close second. go figure :banana:banana

the more mainstream the char. the better with guests like it bro...that's what I always find....that FF movie sucked balls..no wonder no one flocked to Doom :lol

the more mainstream the char. the better with guests like it bro...that's what I always find....that FF movie sucked balls..no wonder no one flocked to Doom :lol

yeah and they both said they like the hellboy movies, so that's why they were hanging on the HB2 PF also.

just brought this up in another thread and was wondering what happens with you guys when someone comes over that doesn't know about your collection.

what's their response and secondly which statues or pieces do they tend to attract to the most??

here's my story.
just last night i had a couple of old friends over that hadn't ever seen my collection or even knew about sideshow or marvel statues, but they were both familiar with marvel comics, characters etc. and one has a 13yr son that's into all the movies etc.
well guess which statue they were completely amazed with and kept coming back to all the time?

well out of my LOTR collection w/daddy rog and many baddy PF's, Star wars PF's, all my moore and aspen ladies, and of course my marvel dios, comiquettes and PF's which include the three spidey PF's and the Doom PF, well guess which piece they were most blown away by and kept coming back to..................................

that's right baby, the PF HULK ruled all. (of course i showed them the life size afterwards.:lol)

oh yeah and the Hellboy 2 PF was a very close second. go figure :banana:banana

You heard the man, Hulk rules all.That is all.

No one ever comments on my collection. :monkey2 But then I hardly have people over so maybe that's part of it. :lol

Everybody all ready knows about my stuff.

The piece everybody comments about in my collection is of course my Venom 1:1 and Spidey 1:1. :rock

Besides my buldging biceps when I am holding up a statue, my Hulk PF, Darkness PF, 1:1 Arnold T800 bust, Green Goblin PF, 1:6 Tumbler, Hellboy II PF, and Indy PF get the most looks.

Sounds like a lot, but that is just a small part of my collection. I'll have the Dr. Doom PF sometime next year. They can oogle that when they see it.

Oh, my 1:1 Iron Man got oogled at, but it's getting sent back for a 1:1 Endo bust, and a Back in Black Spiderman comiquette. That or the Galactus bust.

1:1 crumb and darkness but most go for (when I had him) the Hulk PF..for some reason the ladies always felt his crotch. :confused:

People are always more astonished about how much I have than what is there but when they see my set up of Grey Hulk PF fighting Green Hulk PF that is always commented on.

everyone immediately goes up to my 1:1 t800 endoskull bust, knock it on the forehead repeatedly and ALWAYS ask me, "wow, is this real metal?" 10 out of 10 times. :lol

in 2nd place for most popular/recognized is my ht dark knight and batpod. they love the batpod in particular. :cool:

3rd place are my force fx lightsabers, for obvious reasons. they pick it up, start making the lightsaber sounds, until i show them the light-up and sound effects. they always seem amazed.

no one ever recognizes my 1:1 rocketeer helmet though. some idiot once thought it was ultraman. :(

and so far, only 2 people have recognized my rogue comiquette. :mad:

They look at my wife and say: "I always thought your husband was a little eccentric." Then they leave and talk about how weird and or nerdy it all is. Then they scratch their heads in bewilderment wondering how I ended up marrying the prom queen. Nerds win in the end.:naughty

I can see how the Hulk PF would get the most attention, for sure...... I'd say in my collection it's the one piece that's most impressive by it's size and BULKINESS! Hulk rules for sure....

I'd say in my collection my Darth Maul 1:1 bust gets the most attention though :cool:

But I'm surprised that the Hellboy PF comes in second!!! :confused: it's DEF a cool piece, but I wouldn't think that it'd be better than other 1:1's...... But that's just me :)

when I was living in Tallahassee I had to have the landlord of my apartment complex come and inspect the bathroom because I asked them to replace the sink. She spent a good 15 minutes looking at my stuff in the living room, but almost had a heart attack when she walked upstairs because I had the Wolf Predator bust on my dresser and its the first thing you see going upstairs.
IMG_0028.jpg

To be honest, I don't like having friends look at my collection. They sort of awe a little, but it feels like its more like they get laugh at my expense. I remember the first time showing a buddy made me wan't to quit collecting cause, other peoples reaction made me sort of feel like a freak for being into this.
But I guess having a room full of heads can seem kind of weird to those who don't understand collecting :)

Also the money involved, try and tell somebody that your Hot Toys Predator cost $170 and look at their reaction. Especially girls.

My hulk or scout trooper/ speeder bike get the most attention. Although Lord of Darkness raises some southern eyebrows. I heard at one point after I had a party at my place that someone complained "phil has too many rules." This person had sat a beer can down on the base of my hulk PF that night. After I almost killed him I guess he held a grudge. It's not like it's a freaking PEZ collection though..you have to be careful.

The CM Predator. It scares little children, scares my wife, my mother in law and the girlfriend of my best mate!

Naturally, i love him

:lol

Friends of mine always say they remember it from the movie and they always comment on it's size and presence

They don't even see the X-men vs Sentinel #1 Excl of Hulk vs Spidey dio

at least your friends and family are impressed by them..here in greece when i saw my collection to someone he starts saying:you spend your money in those??are you crazy??are you a child???
when i tell him that it's not toys but collectibles for adults he doesn't believe me!!
greece only knows souvlaki and mousaka guys!:lol:lol:lol

Back