American Idol 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agen_kolar

Super Freak
Reaction score
For all you Idol fans, I'm sure everyone has heard that Paula Abdul has left American Idol and won't be returning for the 2010 season, but it was recently announced that Ellen DeGeneres is replacing her as a judge. Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson, and Kara DioGuardi are all returning to their judicial roles for the upcoming season.

Personally, I think Ellen is a great choice - she's funny, intelligent, and will likely be quite honest with the contestants. I don't think a better person could've replaced Paula. Idol should be a little more fun this upcoming year.

Since when is Ellen a expert on singing?

She may be able to be funny, but I don't think that is something to look for in a judge of musical talent. I guess its so people can tune in and see hear the funnies.

I love the show. And I can't stand Ellen. Poor decision. I liked Paula, will miss her, especially if it means having to listen to Ellen instead.

Boooooo Fox.

Personally, I think Ellen is a great choice - she's funny, intelligent, and will likely be quite honest with the contestants. I don't think a better person could've replaced Paula. Idol should be a little more fun this upcoming year.

Seriously? You don't think ANYONE could have been a better choice than to replace an attractive female with a musical background by a sometimes-funny and fairly unattractive lesbian. Let me sleep on it (the question, not Ellen) and I'll come up with at least 5 better choices than Ellen.

Seriously? You don't think ANYONE could have been a better choice than to replace an attractive female with a musical background by a sometimes-funny and fairly unattractive lesbian. Let me sleep on it (the question, not Ellen) and I'll come up with at least 5 better choices than Ellen.

What does being a lesbian have to do with it?

What does not being a lesbian have to do with it?

The point is, all judges have had a musical back ground in some sense. Ellen doesn't, and lots of people find her annoying as hell.

Ellen wont be so goody goody. Thank god. Paula annoys me with her kindness.

I want them to rip retards a new one. Atleast in the audtions. Only good part.

We get roped in by our wives! :lol

I agree with celtic p, the ONLY good thing is she won't be overly nice all the time.

From Yahoo.com:

"I could not be more excited to have Ellen join the 'American Idol' family," Simon Fuller, the show's creator and executive producer, said in a statement issued to Access Hollywood. "Ellen has been a fan of the show for many years, and her love of music and understanding of the American public will bring a unique human touch to our judging panel. I can't wait for this next season to begin."

Idol has been getting stale for the past two seasons. This is an awful move for FOX. She might be funny but she doesn't know anything about singing. She's there to try and keep the ratings up now that Paula is gone, who by the way is annoying as listening to nails on a chalkboard.

I'm surprised there's American Idol fans here :lol

I think David Cook and Daughtry :rock
I have these three Cd's and still listen to them a lot.
I was not really a fan of this year's American Idol, but that's the luck of the draw
DaughtryCD.jpg

daughtry-leavethistownofficialalbum.jpg

David-Cook-CD-Cover-715857.jpg

I hatehatehatehatehatehatehate this show..with Ellen joining it thats just extra hate.

Back