PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow not listening to the Haters !!!

Shai
07-15-2009, 05:19 PM
This is great :lol

Some Statue Forumers comes to mind and a few here too to a lesser degree...

From Sideshow's site:

On the flip side, there are personalities on the forum boards that seem to be entirely negative and even downright derogatory, and we give their posts and comments little time or thought. Although we respect all opinions, even the negative, we hope that you’ll choose the wording of your criticisms in way that shows respect to the artists and staff involved in the process. Our representatives tend to avoid forum discussions if the participants are abusive, hostile or profane - it benefits neither party. If you want us to give your feedback due consideration, we also recommend to limit your use of the ‘puke’ smiley emote, the ‘eye-roll’ emote, and the words FAIL or PASS. It’s not the sort of feedback that we typically share with the key decision-making staff.

lerath666
07-15-2009, 05:26 PM
LOL. now we know how to make sideshow ignore any threads we want.

FQRizzo
07-15-2009, 05:28 PM

From Sideshow's site:

On the flip side, there are personalities on the forum boards that seem to be entirely negative and even downright derogatory, and we give their posts and comments little time or thought. Although we respect all opinions, even the negative, we hope that you’ll choose the wording of your criticisms in way that shows respect to the artists and staff involved in the process. Our representatives tend to avoid forum discussions if the participants are abusive, hostile or profane - it benefits neither party. If you want us to give your feedback due consideration, we also recommend to limit your use of the ‘puke’ smiley emote, the ‘eye-roll’ emote, and the words FAIL or PASS. It’s not the sort of feedback that we typically share with the key decision-making staff.

:rock :rock :rock

TOE
07-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Fail or Pass = Statue Forum -- and you ask why SS reps don't visit your site :lol

uscmhicks
07-15-2009, 05:31 PM
FAIL !.

I'm joking. :lol There really is some irritating people on this and other forums who seem to get carried away with making their point. Regardless of what people think sometimes comments on here can come across as seriously rude.

KitFisto
07-15-2009, 05:32 PM
So they don't listen to Irish Jedi either?

Fail or Pass = Statue Forum -- and you ask why SS reps don't visit your site :lol

:lecture :lecture

Centrocal
07-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Does Sideshow have a Facebook page?

Shai
07-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Does Sideshow have a Facebook page?

yes..and they give free stuff over there sometimes...But shhhhhh,,, dont tell..

Deak Starkiller
07-15-2009, 05:53 PM
I think that's a cool attitude to have but is pass that bad? I mean it could be worse, right? :dunno

Deckard
07-15-2009, 06:05 PM
:lol Sideshow must hate me. :wave

TOE
07-15-2009, 06:09 PM
I think that's a cool attitude to have but is pass that bad? I mean it could be worse, right? :dunno

Put yourself on their shoes or in any artists point of view. You spend hours and days on a piece and the feedback you receive is PASS/FAIL. And we are talking about people in age bracket of 20's and 30's and older.

kl241
07-15-2009, 06:12 PM
"You can't handle the truth!"

http://z.hubpages.com/u/557184_f260.jpg

Shai
07-15-2009, 06:13 PM
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Deckard
07-15-2009, 06:14 PM
"You can't handle the truth!"

http://z.hubpages.com/u/557184_f260.jpg

Haha. I'm really harsh on them sometimes but I always cite why, not just "this sucks."

The Indy PF and T-800 busts I own are incredible, I just think they neglect some of the smaller scale pieces sometimes.

DeltaForceChung
07-15-2009, 06:28 PM
WOW . . .

Sideshow's response is actually refreshing considering their prolific stature, but at the same time comes off as being arrogant with a "we don't give damn what you naysayers have to post/say because we have customers who'll buy our stuff regardless of design/quality concerns" vibe.

FQRizzo
07-15-2009, 06:31 PM
WOW . . .

Sideshow's response is actually refreshing considering their prolific stature, but at the same time comes off as being arrogant with a "we don't give damn what you naysayers have to post/say because we have customers who'll buy our stuff regardless of design/quality concerns" vibe.

No, what it is saying is that if you want your criticisms heard, do it in a polite and well-thought out manner.

Memnoch
07-15-2009, 06:32 PM
I think this response is farr overdue. Many of us here have been citing this as the reason for reduced participation and we were right. Respect and civility goes a looong way.

The Craw
07-15-2009, 06:34 PM

From Sideshow's site:

On the flip side, there are personalities on the forum boards that seem to be entirely negative and even downright derogatory, and we give their posts and comments little time or thought. Although we respect all opinions, even the negative, we hope that you’ll choose the wording of your criticisms in way that shows respect to the artists and staff involved in the process. Our representatives tend to avoid forum discussions if the participants are abusive, hostile or profane - it benefits neither party. If you want us to give your feedback due consideration, we also recommend to limit your use of the ‘puke’ smiley emote, the ‘eye-roll’ emote, and the words FAIL or PASS. It’s not the sort of feedback that we typically share with the key decision-making staff.so this is why a sideshow rep hasn't visited the SW section for like...ever. good to know.:lol

pixletwin
07-15-2009, 06:34 PM
WOW . . .

I didn't sense that "vibe" in the least. I got the opposite impression in fact.

Beerbelly Bob
07-15-2009, 06:35 PM
The PUKE SMILEY is definitely Statue Forum. :lol:lol

Although just thinking about the Sideshow Reps looking at that Smiley Puke makes me laugh.

Batty
07-15-2009, 06:36 PM
I think this response is farr overdue. Many of us here have been citing this as the reason for reduced participation and we were right. Respect and civility goes a looong way.

Yeah, no surprise really.

samueljd
07-15-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm impressed that SS is showing their respect for taking the high road. I've become tired of reading thread that focus on negativity (that's the main reason I stopped going to Statue Forum).

LOTRFan
07-15-2009, 07:09 PM
I think the public statement regarding SS being more open with the collecting base is the best thing to come from them in awhile. Most of us who have been to events (SDCC, etc) know just how down to earth and well "cool" the staff is; but I am thinking this will translate even more now.

Darklord Dave
07-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Goes along with the stated but not strictly enforced guidelines here. Just posting "fail!" is just as bad as just posting "crap!". It does nothing to further the conversation and if you can't articulate what displeases you about a piece - it does look like you're dissing it for no good reason.

Shai
07-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Goes along with the stated but not strictly enforced guidelines here. Just posting "fail!" is just as bad as just posting "crap!". It does nothing to further the conversation and if you can't articulate what displeases you about a piece - it does look like your dissing it for no good reason.

..........Fail !!!!

The Mike
07-15-2009, 09:50 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

tnaig001
07-15-2009, 11:35 PM
actually if they really wanted to show good faith, why not make some change or goodwill to threads that have constructive criticism. Seriously, if they did that, i believe it would prevent a lot of threads from getting derailed and becoming a slug fest. (*think IM 1:1 Bust*)

Jessica
07-15-2009, 11:39 PM
Yeah. Sideshow avoids the ape freaks.

Entropy
07-15-2009, 11:51 PM
Constructive criticism is cool, but seems to have become less and less common in favor of more hyperbole sound bite attention-seeking inflammatory pass fail garbage. I really liked the photoshop tweaks people used to post - no real need of that with the amazing stuff Trev, Tim and others have been producing - but more often than not it's this negative "This is crap, I won't spend money on this and you're crazy if you want to" attitude that is generally overblown and melodramatic.

That said, I like the eye roll emoticon. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

MANGLORD
07-16-2009, 12:13 AM
sideshow? are you reading this? Judge Dredd pf, Pinhead pf, Chainsaw 2 leatherface pf, Evil Ash pf, B.A. Baracus pf, Tar Zombie pf, Rambo pf, 1:1 Gremlin, 1:1 Critter, 1:1 Secure-Tronics Killbot.

DIO

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h108/brillcosby/Annex-PriceVincentAbominableDrPhibe.jpg

:)

Mr Barlow
07-16-2009, 12:21 AM
I'd buy a Phibes ..LOL

theguru1
07-16-2009, 12:43 AM
So, that's all well and good, but what does one do when 'errors' are pointed out and then not fixed, or only half fixed, especially the silly, very obvious ones.

I have no doubt all have at least one in mind, but a recent classic was the Galadriel PF. Just about all said how bad the real hair was, so they ended up sculpting it, great, which would have required a fair bit of extra work, right at the end of development for it. But then what happens, the lips are left painted bright ruby red to the point that she almost looks like a street hooker. It wasn't even close to how she looks in the films. Yet how easy would that have been to fix in production, "No, don't use that bright red, use this colour."

The next test will soon be the new Mount Doom SDCC exclusive. The handle on sting is painted all black in the sample pics. Now of course every LOTR fan knows that the handle is not black, but will it be fixed in production?

EVILFACE
07-16-2009, 12:53 AM
So, that's all well and good, but what does one do when 'errors' are pointed out and then not fixed, or only half fixed, especially the silly, very obvious ones.

It then becomes a case of the good ol "don't like it don't buy it". If you are not happy with something, why buy it?

TOE
07-16-2009, 01:34 AM
The next test will soon be the new Mount Doom SDCC exclusive. The handle on sting is painted all black in the sample pics. Now of course every LOTR fan knows that the handle is not black, but will it be fixed in production?

sorry to say this but it is too late for it to be change since comic con is just around the corner.

theguru1
07-16-2009, 03:49 AM
It then becomes a case of the good ol "don't like it don't buy it". If you are not happy with something, why buy it?

Which in the case of the Galadriel PF, I haven't and don't intended to.

sorry to say this but it is too late for it to be change since comic con is just around the corner.

Well, I did bring it up with them soon after preview pics, as well as posting on this very forum about it, as did others.

However, if it was already in production even before it was announced as an SDCC exclusive, then yes, too late and close enough may well be good enough.

Sham tho, that such a good dio, has such a simple and basic mistake.

Ironman1188
07-16-2009, 07:10 AM
Yeah. Sideshow avoids the ape freaks.

Yeah, that goes way back to when they released Brent. I may have been a little rough on them when I caught them changing their story on why the likeness was....off.
However, that does not excuse them from not answering folks like you who had legitimate concerns on the Zaius PF and voiced them in a polite and courteous manner.

Bullseye
07-16-2009, 07:12 AM

I've read worse comments on here. Both places have its haters.:D

Bullseye
07-16-2009, 07:15 AM
Its a pity some people cannot post without being crude in their attempt to critique.

SolidLiquidFox
07-16-2009, 08:01 AM
The other side of this is: The items with overwhelming rough and nasty feedback by a large amount of passionate forum members are the ones that usually get addressed in a decisive way by Sideshow because the complaints and bad publicity are just too loud to ignore.

If people complained louder about Galadriel PF or Namor Comiquette with the same passion (backed with the amount of cancellations) we may have gotten better products for those. In other words, acting civilized will only get you so far with Sideshow. That's just how it is. It's like, if you don't like the Bruce Lee PF then that's tough. Don't like it, don't buy it.

I am all for constructive criticism. I think it makes for better discussion than snappy one liners, but then again, this is an internet forum so it's the nature of the beast.

TOE
07-16-2009, 08:20 AM
I've read worse comments on here. Both places have its haters.:D

Its subjective, but I agree. But with SS addressing the infamous FAIL/PASS comment, we both know which forum that is, right? :confused:

Don't get me wrong, I love visiting SF, just not the SideShow section much.

Patton
07-16-2009, 08:34 AM
I agree and disagree with sideshows comments, on one side people do complain alot and seem to pick at every nick and bit of a statue sometimes i do, but on the other side sideshow are a company and this is a forum so freedom os speech is a must if i don't like a statue i won't buy it simple as, but if i buy a statue i've wanted for ages and it comes either unpainted, damaged to high heaven or just plain crap, hell i'll moan until the cows come home!!!

The best way to do it is be civil, phone them up or write a really clever well drafted email and they will register it as a complaint, if we just write FAIL or PASS they will do nothing about the problems you are writing about...

The Ween
07-16-2009, 09:47 AM
I'm sure they don't mind constructive criticism, but when people just go on and on and only post FAIL or the puking smiley, they aren't going to take you seriously or listen to you.

When they post a new PF and there's a couple things on it that you wish they'd tweak, well, you tell them what you think isn't right, but to ^^^^^ about how that PF sucks balls because a color isn't right or whatever, isn't going to score you any points.

woodsy
07-16-2009, 09:57 AM
The other side of this is: The items with overwhelming rough and nasty feedback by a large amount of passionate forum members are the ones that usually get addressed in a decisive way by Sideshow because the complaints and bad publicity are just too loud to ignore.

If people complained louder about Galadriel PF or Namor Comiquette with the same passion (backed with the amount of cancellations) we may have gotten better products for those. In other words, acting civilized will only get you so far with Sideshow. That's just how it is. It's like, if you don't like the Bruce Lee PF then that's tough. Don't like it, don't buy it.

I am all for constructive criticism. I think it makes for better discussion than snappy one liners, but then again, this is an internet forum so it's the nature of the beast.

:confused: People made their complaints known loud and clear when it came to the Galadriel PF and while it still looks more like Claire Danes than Cate Blanchett, SS at least took the time and effort to get rid of that awful looking doll hair.

Bullseye
07-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Jerry from Popculture is okay with asking opinions I really see no reason why Sideshow cannot also do the same. Randy Bowen is the same. At least SS are opening up alittle more to the fans through the Q&A.

Darklord Dave
07-16-2009, 02:37 PM
It's not the opinions themselves, but how they're expressed. I'm sure neither Jerry nor Randy appreciate the "PASS!" type comments.

Wanderer
07-16-2009, 02:57 PM
It certainly emphasises the fact there are people at Sideshow who read about their work and care - its not just a faceless company. HOWEVER, whilst i appreciate smart arse or derogatory/rude comments dont help as does one liners like fail n' pass, Sideshow are there to be shot at like any company who put their work out there...
If you read between the lines of even the most bull ^^^^tiest comments, they critique an item just the same as a rammbling thesis about how an item has too long a neck, too small a dome, not bulky enough, etc. I kind of find it amusing Sideshow are trying to almost dictate how they want comments on their work to be expressed...Sideshow should perhaps grow a thicker skin and remember these folks who write pass and fail, who use the puke and roll eyes emoticon are their paying customers ...

Trustey
07-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Pass, easy pass, ****, fail. Some pieces suck so bad they don't need a detailed explanation. They know it when they are handing out a crap sandwich.

DinoLast
07-16-2009, 03:04 PM
I never get the people who constantly put down a figure or statue that they have no intention of buying, even if Sideshow made the changes they are moaning about.

Star Puffs
07-16-2009, 04:24 PM
I kind of find it amusing Sideshow are trying to almost dictate how they want comments on their work to be expressed...Sideshow should perhaps grow a thicker skin and remember these folks who write pass and fail, who use the puke and roll eyes emoticon are their paying customers ...

I agree their comments seem condescending if not outright whiny. Sideshow is running a business and charging an increasingly steep fee for its products whereas I have yet to see a corresponding jump in quality over their early years (Buffy, Bond).

Sideshow has also exhibited some very poor decision making, especially their sporadic, half-hearted handling of the Lord of the Rings lines. Their choice of figures on Star Wars is often puzzling and their incredibly slow development and production schedules do not help either. I mean nearly a year to bring Vader to people and a total of two figures so far this year. For what must be an expensive license that seems like terrible business sense.

Hot Toys may be more expensive, but they put out substantially better figures in much short time in a much more open manner. Sideshow would get slaughtered in a head-to-head license competition. They need to drop their secrecy, allow for constructive feedback earlier in the design process and up their paint apps in particular.

kl241
07-16-2009, 04:32 PM
..........Fail !!!!

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn203/kipthunderslate/thumbsdown.jpg?t=1247787080

Bullseye
07-16-2009, 04:41 PM
It's not the opinions themselves, but how they're expressed. I'm sure neither Jerry nor Randy appreciate the "PASS!" type comments.

But at least they interact with their collectors. There is no defending some comments but that should not be an excuse for no interaction. As I have said earlier at least SS are starting to make an effort.

Sachiel
07-16-2009, 04:41 PM
Thread = FAIL

PASS!

:yuck:yuck:yuck

Atheris
07-16-2009, 05:11 PM
I can understand SS position when their dealing with comments made by what seems like 5 year olds sometimes. Some comments are completely unnecessary and uncalled for. HOWEVER ss....you gatta understand most of these comments stem from the frustration put out by YOUR products. The impatient people out there that dont see immediate change or resolution to their issues or concers will ALWAYS be the first to complain. As a company in business to make money and the collectors happy this is YOUR responsibility and YOUR doing SS. Your in complete control of everything you put out there....so you must take everything that gos along with it..good and bad. You have entier forums dedicated to you and your products....you should be pumping out one masterpiece after another! How many business would love to have that sort of edge on their competition. So when it comes to products like your 1:1 Iron man...their is NO EXCUSE for what you slapped your paying customers in the face with. Then added insult to injury by turing your rejects into BD versions??? Are you trying to make us feel like cattle??? The money we all put out to keep you in business should directly correspond with the quality and customer satisfaction we get back.
Understand one thing SS the people/customers made you...so in a way we own you! If we all stop buying your stuff tomorrow...you would no longer exist and many people there would be out of a job. So do whats smart and start listening to the "people"...not what SS feels like doing. If a million people are asking and pleading for something to be made...dont give us the exact opposite of what we were expecting, your not doing yourselves a favour that way.
Dont take this as a hostile post, this IS constructive criticism and if you cant take it....then you shouldnt be in business.

Chris

pixletwin
07-16-2009, 05:13 PM
Only the most constructive of criticism's can end with this sentence. :lol

Dont take this as a hostile post, this IS constructive criticism and if you cant take it....then you shouldnt be in business.

DinoLast
07-16-2009, 05:24 PM
Understand one thing SS the people/customers made you...so in a way we own you! If we all stop buying your stuff tomorrow...you would no longer exist and many people there would be out of a job. So do whats smart and start listening to the "people"...not what SS feels like doing. If a million people are asking and pleading for something to be made...dont give us the exact opposite of what we were expecting, your not doing yourselves a favour that way.

Chris

You do know the difference between the public sector and the private one?

Darth Snoopy
07-16-2009, 05:30 PM

Chris

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Because your post demanded it...

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m135/muttley5850/Funny/fail_cow_vs_epicfail_cow_epiclosers.jpg

Starkiller
07-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Honesty is brutal...Deal with it.

Entropy
07-16-2009, 05:41 PM
If a million people are asking and pleading for something to be made...dont give us the exact opposite of what we were expecting, your not doing yourselves a favour that way.

What if it's just a handful of very vocal, pissy, entitled people?

It's unfortunate that these people have driven away much of the interaction with SS peeps here, but I suppose that's the way it goes.

Darth Snoopy
07-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Honesty is indeed brutal...but there is such a thing as being tactful & constructive with honest criticism when dealing with others.

Atheris
07-16-2009, 05:42 PM

If your posting in this thread your here for the same purpose...if not hit the "go back" button. Stay focused shall we...

Chris

Atheris
07-16-2009, 05:43 PM

If your posting in this thread your here for the same purpose...if not hit the "go back" button. Stay focused shall we...

Chris

Darth Snoopy
07-16-2009, 05:59 PM

Chris

:lol :lol :lol

Nope. Sorry, wrong answer.

But feel free to rant some more. :rolleyes:

Atheris
07-16-2009, 06:33 PM
:lol :lol :lol

Nope. Sorry, wrong answer.

But feel free to rant some more. :rolleyes:

Whos ranting?...
See your the type of person SS is talking about...I said my piece on the topic just as everyone else has and then you come instigating debate? With excessive emote's and belligerent comments. What are you 6?...

Chris

Darth Snoopy
07-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Whos ranting?...
See your the type of person SS is talking about...I said my piece on the topic just as everyone else has and then you come instigating debate? With excessive emote's and belligerent comments. What are you 6?...

Chris

As I said earlier in the thread...there is such a thing as being tactful & constructive with honest criticism when dealing with others.

Your post wasn't anything like I'm referring to. It was nothing but pent up anger.

That's all I have to say about it and to you.

barbelith
07-16-2009, 06:44 PM

I could make a snide comment about edition sizes over the years here, but I won't.

Sick Boy 82
07-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Hell, on this site when new stuff comes out lately, all I see is FAIL or PASS and I understand why, which is why I no longer buy SSC stuff and have stopped collecting in general.

WTF??!! lulz

Maybe if every site starts doing that, then maybe they will listen to their customers.

Atheris
07-16-2009, 06:45 PM
As I said earlier in the thread...there is such a thing as being tactful & constructive with honest criticism when dealing with others.

Your post wasn't anything like I'm referring to. It was nothing but pent up anger.

That's all I have to say about it and to you.

......and your last few posts were??? whatever you say pal...

Chris

pixletwin
07-16-2009, 06:52 PM
"Brutal honesty" usually means "too lazy to form thought into a coherent bit of diplomatic critique".

MANGLORD
07-16-2009, 07:16 PM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h108/brillcosby/1267414-batman-retarded-2.jpg

Deak Starkiller
07-16-2009, 07:21 PM

To me I see PASS as "not for me" or "I don't like Alien 4 because it sucks" not that SSC's dio was bad (they picked the best scene from the film) but it's just not for me. Does that make more sense?

pixletwin
07-16-2009, 07:22 PM
To me I see PASS as "not for me" or "I don't like Alien 4 because it sucks" not that SSC's dio was bad (they picked the best scene from the film) but it's just not for me. Does that make more sense?

Me too actually. :lecture

(except when its not and then its pretty obvious)

Sideshow Brant
07-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Taken out of context, the quote from the Ask Sideshow doesn't read quite right - it's understandable how some here and on StatueForum might take offense. If you haven't read the Q & A in full, please do! It's located here:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=7088

I'm certain that the intent of this Q&A isn't to dictate how you express yourselves on the forums - I think instead it's meant to give you a good idea of how to shape your comments to reach the right eyes & ears, to win hearts and influence minds. Our staff does regularly read this forum and others, and will on occasion pull quotes and comments from the boards to share internally at Sideshow. If you want to talk with us more directly, you can always submit to the Ask Sideshow feature. If you're here for the community and entertainment value and don't care about whether your comments are shared, then this isn't directed at you - puke, eye roll, and go nuts!

We have great respect for Jerry of Pop Culture Shock and Randy Bowen for their products, their style and their interaction on the forums. Both men can speak directly to the company philosophy, as well as directly represent their artwork or art direction. Because of the large number of products and licenses at Sideshow, and the related incredible volume of posts on this forum (and elsewhere) across all of the various sections and product lines, the artists and creative leads at Sideshow simply aren't able to keep up with all of the conversations and interact as directly (through the forums). We feel that the most meaningful way to have these conversations is through the Ask Sideshow feature. When you contribute your questions, they are circulated to our key creative and administrative staff members and answered collaboratively. It's sort of a funnel - please pour your thoughts and questions into it!

Deak Starkiller
07-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Taken out of context, the quote from the Ask Sideshow doesn't read quite right - it's understandable how some here and on StatueForum might take offense. If you haven't read the Q & A in full, please do! It's located here:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=7088

I'm certain that the intent of this Q&A isn't to dictate how you express yourselves on the forums - I think instead it's meant to give you a good idea of how to shape your comments to reach the right eyes & ears, to win hearts and influence minds. Our staff does regularly read this forum and others, and will on occasion pull quotes and comments from the boards to share internally at Sideshow. If you want to talk with us more directly, you can always submit to the Ask Sideshow feature. If you're here for the community and entertainment value and don't care about whether your comments are shared, then this isn't directed at you - puke, eye roll, and go nuts!

We have great respect for Jerry of Pop Culture Shock and Randy Bowen for their products, their style and their interaction on the forums. Both men can speak directly to the company philosophy, as well as directly represent their artwork or art direction. Because of the large number of products and licenses at Sideshow, and the related incredible volume of posts on this forum (and elsewhere) across all of the various sections and product lines, the artists and creative leads at Sideshow simply aren't able to keep up with all of the conversations and interact as directly (through the forums). We feel that the most meaningful way to have these conversations is through the Ask Sideshow feature. When you contribute your questions, they are circulated to our key creative and administrative staff members and answered collaboratively. It's sort of a funnel - please pour your thoughts and questions into it!

Awesome, that is cool to hear straight from the mouth of...Sideshow Brant. :rock

pixletwin
07-16-2009, 07:29 PM
Brant, you are wanted in chat. :lecture

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/misc.php?do=flashchat&room=1

Ktjn
07-16-2009, 07:34 PM
brant go back out to the main index and click on "Members currently using Flashchat: 24"

ClockworkAngel
03-17-2016, 05:39 AM
I'm sorry to ressurrect a thread from 2009(!), but obviously it's 2016(!) now and Sideshowstill hasn't cleaned up it's act when it comes to QC.... which is really aweful in my opinion.
I'm all for constructive critisism, but Sideshow has to understand that a person can get very, very angry when they pre-ordered a statue based on an amazing prototype, and then a year(!) later what they really get is looking worse than a bad Chinese knockoff, yeah then all bets are off. So, so many statues they sent out to their customers over the last few years are just plain aweful, you should think they should start making an effort again, like in the beginning when Sideshow put out awesome stuff. For me, and I think a lot of people with me, it has come so far as that I don't dare preorder anymore, because I know the "final product will vary (an insane amount) from the prototype". The last one I nearly fell for was PF Pinhead, as that prototype was so amazing. But now I jump with relief, seeing the shiny headed smurfs that have been sent out. If I had preodered it, that would have been 2 months' salary for me, how do you think it would have sat with me opening that box.... I think "constructive critisism" wouldn't have been the first thing on my mind, and nor do I think that amount of self control can be asked of anyone...
The point is, Sideshow needs to start showing prototypes that are way, WAY more representative of what they think they can actually sent out to their customers in the end. Not a prototype with a spectacular paintapp that has taken an artist 3 months to do, which they KNOW in advance they can't put out to customers... in my opinion that is nothing short of fraud. It's also disrepectful, and not taking their customers seriously.