Dear Hot Toys - Re: MMS DX Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Utah

Credits will do fine
CF Supporter
Reaction score
For me, and I might be in the minority here, but I was hoping to see a new Bale headsculpt included with the new Batman figure. I know Hot Toys reads these boards and their Facebook page, so hopefully they will take heed of this request. What does everyone else think?

True, the other ones left a lot to be desired. I find it strange they didn't pull it off to be honest - Bale has a distinctive facial structure that I figured would make it easier to replicate than someone who has nothing distinctive about their face.

from high to low priority

1. still needs a more slimmer body appearance (mainly the chest that is sticking out a tidy bit to much)

2. a glider cape would be cool though :)

for me that's about it :D so HT did a fine job here!

- I got no problem with the sculpts myself (maybe to textured, but that is all preproductioon I think, so that will be soft textured when released I guess)
- also many complain about the arm/ hands that are to big, but its not as obvious for me as the chest in side profile
- extra's are all good, but many want a Wayne head, I can understand that since this is the Hong Kong scene where Wayne also is seen without his mask.
- the cape is still to thick imo and I love the short version for TDK, but this is something that can be dealed with.

from high to low priority

1. still needs a more slimmer body appearance (mainly the chest that is sticking out a tidy bit to much).

Actually, I don't think it's an issue with the body anymore, it's just the way HT constructed and molded the chest armor that's the real problem. Besides we don't want a body so slimmed down and fragile that it's too short compared to other HT lines and/or can't hold itself standing up either. =/

Are you sure they haven't started production yet?Also,As much as I'd like a Bale Head,I also like the new features.If it meant an extra feature then I'd say cool,but if it means giving up some of the things that are there,then I've got to say no.

Bale is for MMS DX03. They are not going to just give it away. :D

Who knows,maybe thats not as outrageous as it sounds.If they gave him PERS,and packaged him with the case that contained the suit and weaponry i d be all over that!!

The only sculpt I've seen that comes the closest is Erick Sosa's John Connor sculpt. HT has the talent. I'd prefer it over the sonar head.

Actually, I don't think it's an issue with the body anymore, it's just the way HT constructed and molded the chest armor that's the real problem. Besides we don't want a body so slimmed down and fragile that it's too short compared to other HT lines and/or can't hold itself standing up either. =/

that was what I was trying to say, it is not the body itself, as long as the appearance of the body is slim.
That can be fixed by the chest armor as you say (and technically, the chest is part of the body) :)

the whole point and main concern is the body doesn't look as slim as it should be, it must be a little bit slimmer to be accurate

i think hot toys should call off the dx batman project and give us a keaton bat.

haha lol, that is a to extreme choise to make :)

but if the keaton batman would look as good as the DX TDK, it would be hard :google imo

We already got the bale head in the TDK suit and I think the first suit, no need to do it again, just like with the iron man versions there was need to do more of the same.

Back