Finally Time to do custom commission 1:6 Slave Leia figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metaphorge

Archbishop of Bologna!!!
Reaction score
So, apparently Triad toys is FINALLY going to have out their long awaited Evalution female bodies, which would seem to be a good start to doing a 1:6 Leia in chain mail bikini.

It seems unlikely that Sideshow will tackle this figure until they have a much better female body than the Buck, so it could be some time until we can add this to our Jabba displays.

I've considered trying to do a recast of the Gentle Giant statue's head, but this seems like an awful lot of trouble and we know some very good sculptors here at SSF, so maybe this is the time to finally get the ball rolling on making a 1:6 Slave Leia headsculpt? The Eva is not out til next July so we have plenty of time to work on this, maybe not getting seriously started until Jan/Feb, but just figured I'd bring it up.

Last edited:
Great minds think alike :D

After seeing the new Triad bodies last week, I was thinking about contacting Chris Howes for the possibility of a Carrie Fisher as slave Leia group commission. I'm betting there'd be plenty of interest in it, and the Summer Glau sculpt has been turning out great!

Only reason I haven't dropped him a line yet is because his message box is full, but I could certainly send him an email on it, or help to organize the commission if you'd like.

Great minds think alike :D

After seeing the new Triad bodies last week, I was thinking about contacting Chris Howes for the possibility of a Carrie Fisher as slave Leia group commission. I'm betting there'd be plenty of interest in it, and the Summer Glau sculpt has been turning out great!

Same here. Count me in as long as Chris is involved.

What about the outfit?

Well, the idea I had was to do the head first, and then once the Triad EVA body is released, see if Chris would do a sculpted set of bits for her (boots, solid bikini parts). That way, all you'd have to do is paint it and add the loincloth.

My preference on waiting until the EVA is released for the bikini and boots is due to wanting to try and get something absolutely form-fitting for her :)

What do you guys think?

Sounds good to me especially considering Chris has several projects going right now.

You don't even necessarily need the outfit made. The outfit that came with the first Hasbro Slave Leia works just fine. I may upgrade my base body I'm using for my custom with this new one, but the outfit works fine.

Are you sure that the Eva body is the way to go here? :confused: The Alpha and the Otaku 2.0 both look like they'd be better base bodies. I think the Otaku 2.0 looks to have the best hidden articulation and lacks that ugly rib cage cut.

Are you sure that the Eva body is the way to go here? :confused: The Alpha and the Otaku 2.0 both look like they'd be better base bodies. I think the Otaku 2.0 looks to have the best hidden articulation and lacks that ugly rib cage cut.

Absolutely.

First reason is articulation - there is absolutely no torso/waist articulation in the Otaku 1.0, which means you severely limit her possible reclining poses on Jabba's throne. Otaku bodies also don't sit very well with the one I have.

Second reason against the Otaku 1.0 is the enormus bust it sports. Honestly, Carrie Fisher isn't anywere near that size and it would look rediculous for slave Leia.

The Alpha would be a fine alternative, but there is no word on when those might be released ("hopefully sometime" in 2009 is the only comment Triad made on it), and the EVA looks better with as much exposed skin as Leia has.

For the Otaku 2.0, it's a more anime-inspired build, and my last understanding from Triad was that it was only for use on certain licensed figures and was not going to be released separately. If the 2.0 is being released separately, Triad has given no timeframe on it.

Anyway, that's why my vote still goes for the EVA body :D

Regarding the Hasbro outfit, it's definitely not a bad alternative. I never really cared for the boots on it, and would like to see a higher quality sculpt for the whole outfit :) If there's enough interest...great! We could see about getting a set sculpted. If not, we always have the Hasbro one to fall back on.

EDIT: Added clarification on the Otaku 1.0 vs. 2.0.

Last edited:
Well, Cryoguns, you get my vote for organizing a project with Chris for a Slave Girl headsculpt! You rock the Summer Glau one, so I'd totally be on board with one for Leia by Chris!

Absolutely.

First reason is articulation - there is absolutely no torso/waist articulation in the Otaku 1.0, which means you severely limit her possible reclining poses on Jabba's throne. Otaku bodies also don't sit very well with the one I have.

Second reason against the Otaku 1.0 is the enormus bust it sports. Honestly, Carrie Fisher isn't anywere near that size and it would look rediculous for slave Leia.

The Alpha would be a fine alternative, but there is no word on when those might be released ("hopefully sometime" in 2009 is the only comment Triad made on it), and the EVA looks better with as much exposed skin as Leia has.

For the Otaku 2.0, it's a more anime-inspired build, and my last understanding from Triad was that it was only for use on certain licensed figures and was not going to be released separately. If the 2.0 is being released separately, Triad has given no timeframe on it.

Regarding the Hasbro outfit, it's definitely not a bad alternative. I never really cared for the boots on it, and would like to see a higher quality sculpt for the whole outfit :) If there's enough interest...great! We could see about getting a set sculpted. If not, we always have the Hasbro one to fall back on.

Ya, not sure who makes it, but I got my Slave Leia body through Triad and it's an A-cup chest, fits just fine with the Hasbro bikini and looks right. The bodies on some other female figures look great but the chests often end up like D, double D and that's not right for most women, let alone Carrie Fisher.

As for joints and all, it's a matter of preference, I know people have made customs with seamless rubber bodies, I think they look silly, but it's whatever you like. To me, better to have many joints and get the best pose. The body I have doesn't look as anatomically nice as the new Triad one, so that's why I'm considering swap, but it can achieve poses like the old publicity images of Leia and she can lay back against Jabba.

Now, if Chris does a head, how will that work for attaching it to whatever body folks want? So far the heads I've seen him do have sculpted necks and glue onto an adapter. All the female bodys I know of have sculpted necks on the body with an articulated post coming out of the neck to connect the head and give it a range of movement. Could be tricky attaching a head if Chris' is sculpted solid materials.

Ya, not sure who makes it, but I got my Slave Leia body through Triad and it's an A-cup chest, fits just fine with the Hasbro bikini and looks right. The bodies on some other female figures look great but the chests often end up like D, double D and that's not right for most women, let alone Carrie Fisher.

As for joints and all, it's a matter of preference, I know people have made customs with seamless rubber bodies, I think they look silly, but it's whatever you like. To me, better to have many joints and get the best pose. The body I have doesn't look as anatomically nice as the new Triad one, so that's why I'm considering swap, but it can achieve poses like the old publicity images of Leia and she can lay back against Jabba.

Now, if Chris does a head, how will that work for attaching it to whatever body folks want? So far the heads I've seen him do have sculpted necks and glue onto an adapter. All the female bodys I know of have sculpted necks on the body with an articulated post coming out of the neck to connect the head and give it a range of movement. Could be tricky attaching a head if Chris' is sculpted solid materials.

Well, the way Chris and I squared it aware for the Summer Glau head is to actually have a molded recess in the head. The vast majority of female action figure bodies use a small conical neckpost at the top of the neck designed to plug into a hole in the underside of the vinyl head. The resin heads have a recess and just needs a dab of an adhesive such as blue-tack to hold it in place but keep it removeable. Triad does the same thing with the resin heads included with their female DX kits.

Chris does it a little different with the male bodies since there's so many different ones out there...DML, BBi, HT, etc. etc.

Absolutely.

Yes, Otaku 1.0 will not work without a bust reduction, that's why I was talking about the 2.0. Still need to see more pics of the 2.0, it may be unrealistically anime thin - hard to imagine it being any thinner than the Eva, but the articulation & aesthetics are the best of the 3.

Why not the Alpha? Just because it's coming out second? The torso cut under the breasts would be hidden by the bikini instead of the obvious rib cage cut on the Eva. That rib cage cut on the Eva is ugly on a practically naked figure and makes no sense why it wasn't moved to under the boobs. My only problems with the Alpha are the double hinge elbows and the cut above the knees. The ball joint elbows on the Eva and Otaku are less obvious.
The Eva would be perfect except for the stupid torso cut.

You really think the Eva torso would look better than the Alpha with a bikini on it? I just don't see it.

otk2ban.jpg

alphafemale.jpg

4b916712afe21d53fc90bd3ea790175decb35454.pjpg

Last edited:
Back