Star Wars DVD's 2008 re-release - Interior Art Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ultimate Weapon

Super Freak
Reaction score
Both the original trilogy and the prequel trilogy were just released as separate 6 disc sets in new slimline case packaging a few weeks ago (Nov 6th). There's no new content and the original trilogy included both the special edition discs and the original unaltered version discs. You can see them here:

https://starwars.com/movies/saga/20080826news.html

Did anyone pick either of these up?

I'm asking because I want to know if the interior cover art for the DVD's is identical to what has already been released or if it has been changed. I've searched everywhere online (DVD/film forums, retailers, etc.) and no one seems to have pictures of the interior disc cases.

Since I'm kind of a film collector/junkie I want to know what the interior art is - not that I'm going to buy these sets, but I'm curious just the same.

So if anyone can help me with the info I would appreciate it. Thanks!

I will only the Blue ray versions of these movies.
yup...i currently own:
VHS of the OT and episode I
the special editions that were re-released in the theaters
Laserdisc of the OT
DVD --the latest release of the entire saga.

no way am i gonna order anything else except for Blu Ray and even then i'm gonna wait until there are reviews on them to make sure that the un-altered and new OT are included.

I heard Lucas was going to re-edit the end of ROTJ and insert Hayden Christiansen as ghost Anakin along with Obi-Wan and Yoda. Did this ever happen or was it just a rumor?

I heard Lucas was going to re-edit the end of ROTJ and insert Hayden Christiansen as ghost Anakin along with Obi-Wan and Yoda. Did this ever happen or was it just a rumor?

I think I was one of the few who was actually pleased with most aspects of the Special Editions, but putting Haden's face over Shaw's body at the end ghost scene in ROTJ not only pissed me off and didn't really make sense, but I felt it was a big FU to Sebastian Shaw.

I saw these at the store on Saturday... didn't even know there was a need to release these again :lol

I really hope that when the Blu Ray happens we'll get a HiDef transfer of the unaltered trilogy. I have a feeling that won't happen, but I'd be stoked if it did. I honestly find myself not watching SW as I don't like the SE and find it annoying that I have to watch the OOT in non-anamporphic.

I saw these at the store on Saturday... didn't even know there was a need to release these again :lol

I really hope that when the Blu Ray happens we'll get a HiDef transfer of the unaltered trilogy. I have a feeling that won't happen, but I'd be stoked if it did. I honestly find myself not watching SW as I don't like the SE and find it annoying that I have to watch the OOT in non-anamporphic.

You can't even get a DVD quality version of the unaltered trilogy and the original film stock is supposedly shot according to Lucas, what makes you think we would be able to get a HD version?

..........:rotfl

You can't even get a DVD quality version of the unaltered trilogy and the original film stock is supposedly shot according to Lucas, what makes you think we would be able to get a HD version?

There was a George Lucas interview posted on www.thedigitalbits.com when the DVD's came out with the non-anamorphic originals. He stated that he COULD restore the originals but doesn't want to spend the time and money to do it, even though he wouldn't have to personally be involved...or spend any money (a well known film restorer offered to do it for free.)

There was a George Lucas interview posted on www.thedigitalbits.com when the DVD's came out with the non-anamorphic originals. He stated that he COULD restore the originals but doesn't want to spend the time and money to do it, even though he wouldn't have to personally be involved...or spend any money (a well known film restorer offered to do it for free.)

Yet he can spend time and money adding crap that no one wanted. I really hate Lucas. Sorry but I do.

I own the SE's and will only purchase again when they get released in Blu Ray

the people wanted the original's to come out on DVD untouched with no special edition bells and whistles. And thats what the people got.

Be careful what you wish for.

Oh, without the make-up Sebastian Shaw looked far too old to play Anakin. Shaw's smile at the end is much better than Hayden's though

the people wanted the original's to come out on DVD untouched with no special edition bells and whistles. And thats what the people got.

Be careful what you wish for.

Oh, without the make-up Sebastian Shaw looked far too old to play Anakin. Shaw's smile at the end is much better than Hayden's though

Yup. The oxymoron in it all is demanding unaltered films, almost to the point of doing so hatefully, then being disappointed about the lack of an anamorphic aspect ratio.

As for the age deal, I think that's debatable. War, drugs, stress, etc. all work wonders to age an individual long beyond their actual age. Not to mention with skin grafts and the like, it's not a far stretch to think that in 30 years, Anakin would've aged that poorly.

Back