Star Wars DVD's 2008 re-release - Interior Art Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well to be fair the Shaw Ghost didn't look much like the reveal shot of Anakin either. "My God you have hair and it doesn't match your eyebrows! and are those Ben's clothes you're wearing?" :google

Well to be fair the Shaw Ghost didn't look much like the reveal shot of Anakin either. "My God you have hair and it doesn't match your eyebrows! and are those Ben's clothes you're wearing?" :google

But you gotta be fair too and admit that the crusty ol' vader in the helmet looked a hell of a lot more like Shaw than it did Haden. And Haden didn't really look proud in that scene. He had that dumb, "I juth cwap my panth!" grin on his face he had through the whole series!

200px-AnakinSkywalkerghost.jpg

As I believe it did for Luke as well.

Imagine the ewok celebration. Luke's happy that even if his father passed away he was still redeemed and the Empire has been defeated.

He walks to the door and looks out, reflecting on recent events. Suddenly an apparition appears, his old friend Obi-Wan Kenobi. Then the ghost of the recently deceased Jedi Master Yoda. Then a third ghost appears, a dashing young man, obviously a Jedi, a little sheepish but beaming with pride at Luke.

Luke: "Now who could you be? I've known three Jedi my entire life, they recently died...you look proud of me...hmmm, must be some random new guy Ben met in the afterlife. Sorry I got nothing." Then turns and rejoins the party.

;)

I'm sure Luke feels them. As only he can see them, they obviously just aren't visual. They are in the minds eye of a jedi. He knows it is his father.

I was curious as to how the hell Luke knew what young Anakin looked like? If I was Luke and some 20 year old punk poped up instead of the 60 year old geezer I just saw I would wonder who the hell that was, not smile and be happy.

While this is off-screen, it could be that Obi Wan told him something about his father, say at which age he died for example, which fits with his certain point of view twist.
Luke and Obi Wan probably had some communication on their travels up until they reached the Death Star.

OR: The Force told him.

And besides, how often do random Jedi Luke doesn't know pop up right next to two of his former Jedi teachers?! His father just died- and there he is!

Back