Star Wars DVD's 2008 re-release - Interior Art Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
40 replies and nobody can answer your question. I guess George misgauged the interest in a re re re re re release since it seems like nobody here got it.

If you actually believe that Star Wars was filmed in a letterboxed 4:3 aspect ratio then you should find whoever told you that and slap him. Hard. Because whoever gave you such woefully inaccurate information is responsible for you appearing very, very ignorant.

Maybe next time you should do a little more "research."
;)

It was originally printed in 35mm. The 4:3 aspect ratio allows you to view the film on your television as it was presented in theaters. We were talking about television displays. Reread the posts then go look in the mirror and wonder if you're the one who should be fussing over Geico commercials.

Khev lets keep it civil and without name calling. Back on topic kiddies. Anyone know what the inner sleeve art work looks like? If not, keep yer damn mouths shut.

:wave

iCruise, there's a thread somewhere here about the Clone Wars movie on DVD. That site showed all the DVD artwork for the release, including store exclusives. Maybe that same site might have shots of the interior artwork for the OT and PT bundles? Worth a shot. At least, that way we'd know what it looks like.

I didn't expect to cause such a raucous conversation when I started this thread. :lol

I'll look for that Clone Wars DVD thread and see if it might show the interior artwork for this set. I'm always just curious to see what's new even if I'm not going to pick it up.

I think we're going to have to deal with re-releases as long as the DVD's sell. Really, I haven't seen the SE 4 Disc set on many store shelves in some time, so it makes sense that they'll re-issue the set to keep it out there for the casual buyers to purchase. After all from a marketing/business standpoint a set of DVD's isn't going to sell if it's not on the shelves and eventually all print runs sell and need to be re-pressed/issued. I think in many cases it isn't noticed unless packaging is changed. Considering that many re-issue multi-disc sets are opting for slimmer packaging as buyers become more aware of their shelf space, it isn't surprising that these two DVD sets (like the Indiana Jones set) are now in slim cases instead of the previously issued regular size.

I'm not defending the fact that we still don't have the ultimate film Star Wars collection on hi-def with all the extras one could imagine, but just stating that the re-issue at this point is a standard in the DVD realm.

I think I was one of the few who was actually pleased with most aspects of the Special Editions, but putting Haden's face over Shaw's body at the end ghost scene in ROTJ not only pissed me off and didn't really make sense, but I felt it was a big FU to Sebastian Shaw.

I don't see why it shouldn't make sense. He turned to the dark side when he was young, hence when he returned to the light side he was the same age. Killing the Emperor was still a deed of the dark side Vader's shell.

Also, Shaw openly criticized Star Wars, saying he hated it. Besides, he still has his great death scene in the movie.

I don't see why it shouldn't make sense. He turned to the dark side when he was young, hence when he returned to the light side he was the same age. Killing the Emperor was still a deed of the dark side Vader's shell.

Also, Shaw openly criticized Star Wars, saying he hated it. Besides, he still has his great death scene in the movie.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

I coudn't have said it better myself. :duff

If killing the Emperor was a deed of the dark side, then killing Maul would've been the same for Obi. So that doesn't really make sense. It's the job of the Jedi to destroy the Sith. Additionally, he "returned" to the good side of the force before he died, remember? "You were right Luke..... tell your sister, you were right." As for Shaw openly criticizing Star Wars, just about everybody did, including the core actors.

I don't see why it shouldn't make sense. He turned to the dark side when he was young, hence when he returned to the light side he was the same age. Killing the Emperor was still a deed of the dark side Vader's shell

I was curious as to how the hell Luke knew what young Anakin looked like? If I was Luke and some 20 year old punk poped up instead of the 60 year old geezer I just saw I would wonder who the hell that was, not smile and be happy.

Gee I dunno, maybe he knew through the force who it was. Anakin appeared to Luke exactly as Luke imagined his father to be before he learned who he was really was. Anakin's ghost was just a projection of Luke's expectation.

I think its horrible because we have to see that stupid moron again. The less I have to see him, the better...

I honestly find myself not watching SW as I don't like the SE and find it annoying that I have to watch the OOT in non-anamporphic.

I really got in the habit of watching the original SW expanded to fit my widescreen TV. Then I bought a blu-ray player and it somehow disables my TV's option to expand the picture! So I'm in the "black bars on sides and top" club now too when I want to watch the originals.

F'N Blu-Ray, F'N Lucas, and most of all F'N King Darkness! :banghead :cuss :lol

I was curious as to how the hell Luke knew what young Anakin looked like? If I was Luke and some 20 year old punk poped up instead of the 60 year old geezer I just saw I would wonder who the hell that was, not smile and be happy.

Yes, I've always thought that. I think this is one of those cases (and I've done it myself on occasion) where people are struggling to come up with explanations to make something fit into the story, when in reality it's just an idea that Lucas had that didn't quite pan out. Whenever you have to fall back on "maybe he knew through the force" you know you're grasping for straws. ;)

It kind of reminds me of how in the Star Trek universe people tried to explain the difference in appearance between the klingons on the original series and the Next Generation by saying that the klingons in the original series were actually all half-klingon. :lol No, they just had crappy makeup.

No straws being grasped here. It makes perfect logical sense to me. Never even occured to me that people might think of it otherwise until I read stuff on message boards like this.

No straws being grasped here. It makes perfect logical sense to me.

As I believe it did for Luke as well.

Imagine the ewok celebration. Luke's happy that even if his father passed away he was still redeemed and the Empire has been defeated.

He walks to the door and looks out, reflecting on recent events. Suddenly an apparition appears, his old friend Obi-Wan Kenobi. Then the ghost of the recently deceased Jedi Master Yoda. Then a third ghost appears, a dashing young man, obviously a Jedi, a little sheepish but beaming with pride at Luke.

Luke: "Now who could you be? I've known three Jedi my entire life, they recently died...you look proud of me...hmmm, must be some random new guy Ben met in the afterlife. Sorry I got nothing." Then turns and rejoins the party.

;)

As I believe it did for Luke as well.

Imagine the ewok celebration. Luke see's the three ghosts. He's happy that even if his father passed away he was still redeemed and the Empire has been defeated.

He walks to the door and looks out, reflecting on recent events. Suddenly an apparition appears, his old friend Obi-Wan Kenobi. Then the ghost of the recently deceased Jedi Master Yoda. Then a third ghost appears, a dashing young man, obviously a Jedi, a little sheepish but beaming with pride at Luke.

Luke: "Now who could you be? I've known three Jedi my entire life, they recently died...you look proud of me...hmmm, must be some random new guy Ben met in the afterlife. Sorry I got nothing." Then turns and rejoins the party.

;)

Exaclty Khev :lol :lol :lol

Any show of surprise would have been the cheesiest thing and way more annoying than an army of Jar Jars. :lol Seriously. Do we need every little thing spoonfed and throw out any hint of subtlety?

Oh come on, the reason there's no surprise is because it wasn't originally shot that way, not because Lucas was trying to be subtle. He was just trying to shoehorn as much of the pre-trilogy into the movie as he could, even when it wasn't really appropriate.

I don't think it's the worst change he's made by any means, but it's a gratuitous change nonetheless.

Back