Hot Toys T2 Endoskeleton question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DouglasMcc

Super Freak
Reaction score
All the sites I have seen list the Endoskeleton figure with a VULCAN M134 which was the minigun used by Arnold in the first film. However, the one pick I found looks like some kind of futuristic mini-gun. Which version of the gun will the Endo come with?

Arnold didn't use the mini-gun in the first film. Maybe you are thinking of the Franco Columbo terminator from the Future War flashback who was firing a futuristic-looking Vulcan with plasma bursts.

term1.jpg

term2.jpg

term3.jpg

The HT Endo uses a futuristic-looking mini-gun in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. It appears to built designed around the Vulcan mini but has conical paneling along the barrels.

Are you sure about the minigun? Its been about 6 years since I watched the first film, but I could have sworn he used the Vulcan when he attacked the police station. But, I admit, I could be wrong. Thanks for the info on the HT.

DouglasMcc said:
Are you sure about the minigun? Its been about 6 years since I watched the first film, but I could have sworn he used the Vulcan when he attacked the police station. But, I admit, I could be wrong. Thanks for the info on the HT.

He had the Spas-12 shotgun and I believe the Uzi 9mm during the police station raid. He definitely used it in T2.

Okay, I might be confusing the movies ... LOL, maybe its time to rent them on Blu-Ray ... at least then I would have a use for this PS3 now that I have finished Resistance sigh...:cool:

Thanks for the info.

I have a question,

Does anyone have any pictures of the HT Endo from any conventions or displays?

yes! that's the one EF, i knew I saw that somewhere but couldnt find it again. what con is that from? Too bad they didnt get any close ups.

It was some asian show i believe. There was a page that had more pics of their booth with both HT and SS stuff.

Ok, maybe i missed something, but where are people getting the impression that this is a T2 Endoskeleton? Hot Toys' site promotes it as The Terminator, the original film and I believe it's probably a split license with Sideshow having the T2 license and Hot Toys having the T1 license.

Here's the deal. When Sideshow previewed the Endo, they advertised it as a T2 Endo but it's not because the chest plating is from the T1 Endo.

012507htterm_01.jpg

6329_press01-001.jpg
T1endo.jpg
T2endo.jpg

As you can see, the T2 Endo has a a more defined and angled chest plate than the T1 Endo. Hot Toys only has the license to T1 and Sideshow only has it for T2 so probably for licensing reasons they might have listed it as a T2 Endo although I think it was a fubar since it wouldn't be the first time they've posted erroneous info in a preview if you recall the Alien(s) Warrior fiasco.

Well it's a marketing choice probably more than error for Sideshow, I think somewhere in the article about releasing it or the product page or something, they're kinda pushing it to compliment their T2 offerings, and without getting detailed about it, it could go with T2, unlike the T1 T-800 and Resse who you really could play that off, at least not unless they did Reese in 1984 garb, then you could pass it off as dream sequence T2 Reese. Oh well, no matter what film it's from, this still promises to be a fantastic piece.

I'd rather have a T1 Endo anyway... that's the only film where the Endoskeleton was a real villain with a sequence that involved the central characters. Plus, I love that limp. Gonna try and pose mine with a "limp".

Alice Adrenochrome said:
I missed that I guess. What happened?

The preview image they posted for the SS exclusive brown AVP Alien Warrior had the Aliens logo so everybody got excited thinking it was going to be the Aliens warrior, not from AVP.

dekadentdave said:
The preview image they posted for the SS exclusive brown AVP Alien Warrior had the Aliens logo so everybody got excited thinking it was going to be the Aliens warrior, not from AVP.
Oh yes, now I remember. They changed that pretty quick though. You could tell right away by the Alien's head that it was no "Alien" Alien. Still they fooled me too... :eek:

Wor-Gar said:
I'd rather have a T1 Endo anyway... that's the only film where the Endoskeleton was a real villain with a sequence that involved the central characters. Plus, I love that limp. Gonna try and pose mine with a "limp".

I completely agree, very cool fig, the T2 Endo only appeared in the film for a few seconds, played no part in the story and it differed from the T1 Endo in several ways, the chest plate was smaller and more triangular, the T1 Endo feet had fewer appendages and had ball toes (screen cap of the dragging T1 foot would be great) and there may have been more differences.

A side by side screen cap of both Endos would be great too. :cool:

Last edited:
Back