Blade Runner Figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lemandarin

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi,

I adore Blade Runner (integral version of course)!
Exist there statues in the Sideshow style?

Bye,Tom.

There are 2 Blade Runner figures that I know of in 1/6. There is the "Android Hunter" figure which is made in Hong Kong (not sure of manufacturere) and is basically a Dragon style figure. The original release had a pretty generic headsculpt, but there is a V3 version which is much nicer... you can get them on eBay for around $90-$100. There is also a figure of Roy Batty (I think called Android 001) which was released later and I "think" sells for about the same price.

Then there's is a figure of Blade Runner by CRM toys... it is around $150 (last time I checked) and I personally think is not a very good looking figure. Headsculpt looks like Steve Guttenberg and the clothing, although higher quality looking are pretty ill-fitting.

I have the V3 Android Hunter and really like it. Hope this helps.

I have both the V3 Android Hunter and Android 001. Both are good, but I would certainly like to see some figures from Sideshow. (And I don't mean bobbleheads!) I'm hoping now that the licensing quagmire is cleared up, we'll see something next year for the 25th Anniversary. At least we'll be getting the box set.

And you're right about the CRM Deckard figure, Galactiboy. He does look like Guttenberg.

I haven't seen Bladerunner. But yeah, since the movie is being re-released in theaters next year, maybe a company will produce something?

actually... I never seen blade runner either.... but I heard it was an inspiration for Batman Begins... I geuss I should check it out.

"All those moments will be lost in time. . . like tears in rain."

Awesome movie and I hope SS gets the rights.

JustinLuck said:
I haven't seen Bladerunner. But yeah, since the movie is being re-released in theaters next year, maybe a company will produce something?

Yikes ! No see Bladerunner..... Highly recommend it buddy, right up there with Star Wars for me.

Still searching for a replicant standard female pleasure model....:D

snakebeater said:
actually... I never seen blade runner either.... but I heard it was an inspiration for Batman Begins... I guess I should check it out.

In what way? I see no correlation between the two.

Christopher Nolan is a huge fan and used it as an inspiration for a darker Batman Begins. Even the "Tumbler" resembles the "Spinner" from BR. He even cast Rutger Hauer. He had a screening of Blade Runner for the cast and crew and said "This is how we are going to make Batman."

decadentdave said:
Christopher Nolan is a huge fan and used it as an inspiration for a darker Batman Begins. Even the "Tumbler" resembles the "Spinner" from BR. He even cast Rutger Hauer. He had a screening of Blade Runner for the cast and crew and said "This is how we are going to make Batman."

Hmm, I hadn't heard that. Cool.
I don't really see the resemblence between the Spinner and Tumbler, but it has been a while since I saw Blade Runner. Of course if he was inspiring dark versions, I guess Burton must have been a fan too.

Back