The Avengers or Man of Steel!!??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you prefer, The Avengers or Man of Steel?

• Total voters
The Avengers, easily and I'm no hardcore Marvel fan. Batman is more my thing.

Definitely Avengers.

Saw Avengers once in the theater and MOS twice.

So based on that, MOS.

That said, the fair comparison would be MOS vs Iron Man.

On that, Iron Man was better, but gave birth to 2 meh sequels.

I haven't seen MOS yet, but even if I could I can't really vote. I am probably equally a Marvel and DC fan. Marvel was more innovative and good in the beginning, but over the years both have had great stories and characters.

I prefer "The Avengers", it's a fun and entertaining flick w/o mindless exposition and messy visuals.

Last edited:
I haven't seen MOS yet, but even if I could I can't really vote. I am probably equally a Marvel and DC fan. Marvel was more innovative and good in the beginning, but over the years both have had great stories and characters.

I didn't want to break down the biases any further, I figured there were enough options as it is. If you like both companies equally you can consider yourself in the "I don't care about either company" crowd. You know, because you don't care about either one more than the other. ;)

You could have just made it one or the other.

I'm sure a lot of people have favorite characters, not companies/comic publishers.

DC, for me, only has Batman and Superman to offer. Marvel has Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine, Hulk, Thor, etc.

Yeah a fair comparison would be Batman Begins, IM1, CA:TFA, or Thor. They were all the starting points for their respective franchises. Avengers was the culmination.

I didn't want to break down the biases any further, I figured there were enough options as it is. If you like both companies equally you can consider yourself in the "I don't care about either company" crowd. You know, because you don't care about either one more than the other. ;)

That's what I had to go with. Voted Avengers.

Yup.

I'd choose all of those over MOS too, especially Captain America, Begins and Iron Man.

For me it would rank:

BB (Not perfect, but real close)
Cap (my fav of all the marvel movies)
Mos (my definitive Superman)
IM (Great setup, kind of let down in 3rd act)
Thor (should have been so much more)

To include "universe" biases. I thought that'd be clear given that's its literally spelled out in the poll....

It should be either or. We could've discussed "universe" biases in the thread, instead of having six different options for two answers. :wave

Give Khev a break, he's not an experienced poll maker like Oscorp and Nova.

Back