PDA

View Full Version : Who's buying the HT 1/6 Iron Man 2 Hall of Armor Diorama?

Hydeous
12-29-2012, 03:43 AM
Interested to see how many are actually buying this, despite seeing the complaints, I'm sure there are collectors who'd buy em.

Hydeous
12-29-2012, 04:04 AM
Personally, Ive been waiting for this diorama to put my IM suits. But the price is really keeping me away ATM.

If they decide to stick with the price, I think I'd just sell my IM suits and use the money for the Bat or something.

edheng
12-29-2012, 06:50 AM
Don't have enough Iron Mans to justify this...by next year I will only have Mark VII and Mark VI, VII is going with the Avengers while VI is going with War Machine

DocTroy
12-29-2012, 06:55 AM
I hope we get more of the members to vote/comment on this.

Hydeous
12-29-2012, 07:13 AM
So far it seems most people like it, but just cant justify the price that HT/SS is asking for it.

SkyIScrape
12-29-2012, 07:16 AM
So far it seems most people like it, but just cant justify the price that HT/SS is asking for it.

Exactly. There is nothing wrong with them other than price. I think they're really great and I would love to have seven of them - if they were roughly half the price. It would even push me to purchase the Iron Man armors that I'm currently missing.

yongkykun
12-29-2012, 08:00 AM
One other thing I don't get about the price apart from the obvious capitalistic profit gaining is that these don't come with figures and as far as I know there is no trademark whatsoever for them and therefore should not even need licensing fee apart from the namesake for promotion and stuff. So basically what you're buying are those stickers that you yourself have to stick on.

I'd buy one if it's sold for $50. More than that, I'd print out the promo pictures and stick 'em on the wall as backdrop.

Hydeous
12-29-2012, 08:11 AM
If they slap the label "Iron Man 2", that means part of it will go towards Marvel.

If they pull a TTM 14 where they gave us a Gambit likeness but didnt put any "Gambit" on it, then Marvel dont get any profit.

DrQ2
12-29-2012, 08:14 AM
Interested to see how many are actually buying this, despite seeing the complaints, I'm sure there are collectors who'd buy em.

I am with most on this board. The Marks that don't come with the stands (lighted) only cost $29 ship from China. That's fine. If they would have made them say $50 to $70 (maybe $70?) I would have order the full set of them. But at a $130 each. Na.

Top it off, I bought the lighted stands from China. So what do I do with those?

starscream0
12-29-2012, 08:47 AM
I think price is a huge issue here. Way overpriced. I personally only have the Mark IV but even if I had more Iron Man figures, I would display them in some dynamic pose rather than have them stand there in the case. Just my opinion :)

DocTroy
12-29-2012, 08:50 AM
Thats another issue- this really only fits in an Iron Man collection, and then the awesome figures are kind of well... static and plain.

Are these awesome? No doubt. Are they dynamic for someone with more than Iron Man figures? Not so much.

surfin4
12-29-2012, 08:57 AM
have a hard time thinking this represents any kind of value for money

Apone
12-29-2012, 09:08 AM
I like my iron men posed..its a cool piece but who has the space to line up 7 of these?

yongkykun
12-29-2012, 09:24 AM
If they slap the label "Iron Man 2", that means part of it will go towards Marvel.

If they pull a TTM 14 where they gave us a Gambit likeness but didnt put any "Gambit" on it, then Marvel dont get any profit.

Good point. I suppose we shouldn't put the blame on Marvel. It's more likely that it's Disney who's to blame here. Suits its MO.

Wow... so far 1 out of 10 people say that they're going to buy the whole set. Reckon I'll just gawk at the pictures once they post them in the forum.

Buttmunch
12-29-2012, 10:05 AM
I have all of the film armors (none of the stupid silly secret milk crap) and I REALLY wanted these, but the price is just insane. It should be halved or we should get double the product for the price. HT as finally priced themselves out of the market. They got too greedy and don't seem to care about the fans anymore, only money.

a-dev
12-29-2012, 10:13 AM
HT has finally priced themselves out of the market. They got too greedy and don't seem to care about the fans anymore, only money.

Thats a bit premature no? Say that after this things shelfwarm en masse. If that happens I hope it tells them that their prices are too high rather than give them the idea that this sort of thing holds no interest for people.

ebor
12-29-2012, 10:17 AM
Hydeous, if you put an option "when these become peg-warmers and only cost $40-50 each" then yes I would buy 4. Otherwise no, pass with the present pricing structure.

Crimsonbob
12-29-2012, 10:20 AM
They are very cool for the hardcore Iron man fans :)

DrQ2
12-29-2012, 10:23 AM
Good point. I suppose we shouldn't put the blame on Marvel. It's more likely that it's Disney who's to blame here. Suits its MO.

Wow... so far 1 out of 10 people say that they're going to buy the whole set. Reckon I'll just gawk at the pictures once they post them in the forum.

1 out of 10? Who is the one?

JonWes
12-29-2012, 10:38 AM
If they bring down the price substantially I'd consider it. They are perfect in every way except the price. Until then... none for me.

yongkykun
12-29-2012, 11:47 AM
1 out of 10? Who is the one?

Well, at the time I posted that, the number of people who voted "Yes, I'm buying 7" was at 10% but now it has dropped to 7-something% which is tied with the ones buying just 1. I suppose the overwhelming consensus so far is that no one's going to buy all 7. We need more votes and a deadline for it to make this poll legit and then run it again once they've become available. It's an interesting study. To me, at least. :duff

SkyIScrape
12-29-2012, 11:49 AM
Well, at the time I posted that, the number of people who voted "Yes, I'm buying 7" was at 10% but now it has dropped to 7-something% which is tied with the ones buying just 1. I suppose the overwhelming consensus so far is that no one's going to buy all 7. We need more votes and a deadline for it to make this poll legit and then run it again once they've become available. It's an interesting study. To me, at least. :duff

:lecture your poll seems to indicate at least a few people will be buying them. :monkey3

Boba Ben
12-29-2012, 11:52 AM
No way, Jose.

Centurion
12-29-2012, 12:22 PM
There needs to be a significant reduction in price before I get any.

This shouldn't be more than $70-$75 per box.

I'd like to hear Hot Toys justify the exorbitant price they're asking for these.

EVILFACE
12-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Have no Iron Mens so I have no need for overpriced light up plastic boxes.

yongkykun
12-29-2012, 12:32 PM
:lecture your poll seems to indicate at least a few people will be buying them. :monkey3

Woops... :rotfl

I should have written "very few people will buy all 7." Oh pathetic subjective me... :slap :cuckoo:

Khonsu70
12-29-2012, 12:34 PM
I have most Iron Man suits, so I'm really pissed about overpriced light up plastic boxes.

Khonsu70
12-29-2012, 12:35 PM
Woops... :rotfl

I should have written "very few people will buy all 7." Oh pathetic subjective me... :slap :cuckoo:

Interestingly enough, no one's going for the option of 4....

karamazov80
12-29-2012, 12:37 PM
I've got 2 Iron Men, and War Machine. Wouldn't mind using this for one of my IM figures, but not at the price. I reckon only the most hardcore Iron Man fans and the most well-off collectors where price is literally no issue are gonna justify this.

yongkykun
12-29-2012, 12:47 PM
Interestingly enough, no one's going for the option of 4....

Dunno, maybe it's the old "either buy one or all of them or not at all" kind of mentality :lol

jye318
12-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Wait there is people still buying ??? Don't buy it!! They need to learn lesson.

yongkykun
12-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Wait there is people still buying ??? Don't buy it!! They need to learn lesson.

I thought HT's the one teaching us a lesson here. A lesson in consumerism. :gah:

Apone
12-29-2012, 03:19 PM
Hot Toys knows they are covered if they dont sell out of these..they will release the Mark 3 2.0 and this will come with it..they will charge $320 and sell out with all of their leftover stock of these. At least thats what I would do if I was a corporate monger.

SkyIScrape
12-29-2012, 03:22 PM
Hot Toys knows they are covered if they dont sell out of these..they will release the Mark 3 2.0 and this will come with it..they will charge $320 and sell out with all of their leftover stock of these. At least thats what I would do if I was a corporate monger.

The sad part is that I would probably buy that, and definitely if it was the only way to buy a Mark III 2.0.

yongkykun
12-29-2012, 03:29 PM
2013... It's going to be a bleak year for us collectors.

obi_dave_kenobi
12-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Price Makes it a no for me.

Khonsu70
12-29-2012, 04:01 PM
The sad part is that I would probably buy that, and definitely if it was the only way to buy a Mark III 2.0.

I have to say, I would have gone for the 4 unit display if it came with the Mark III 2.0 and was at the price point that it is now, not gonna lie. I'd consider that comparable to the Gantry with Mark IV. But as it is, it's just insultingly ridiculous...

SkyIScrape
12-29-2012, 04:02 PM
I have to say, I would have gone for the 4 unit display if it came with the Mark III 2.0 and was at the price point that it is now, not gonna lie. I'd consider that comparable to the Gantry with Mark IV. But as it is, it's just insultingly ridiculous...

I would have done that in a second, and I would have bought a Mark I 2.0 to go with it. I would have done that happily, as much of a fantasy as it is.

Viking Spawn
12-29-2012, 09:14 PM
None for me. I'd rather spend that money on more new figures.

DrQ2
12-29-2012, 10:45 PM

Well will see, but coming from someone who has bought 4 lighted stands. At that price range I will not buy them. What I see is sometime next year a two for one sale.

krieg-der-sterne
12-30-2012, 04:21 AM
:thud:the price is right??:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:
totally nuts.they look awesome,and actually they would be a must have!but at that price??noooooo waaaaaay:gah:
i have no idea how they come up with this sort of price,but its close to being arrogant and disrespectful to us collectors to seriously ask for that much money:mad: half the price and it will be sold out in a week,but not for that amount of $$$!hot toys is walking a thin line here,even if we are paying too much for some stuff anyway.but there is a line you should not cross.
we might be crazy collectors,but we are not stupid!!!!:pfft::pfft::pfft:

yongkykun
12-30-2012, 05:23 AM
If they used die-cast metal, the price is justified. But knowing HT, it's plastic with a blend of greeeed...

KBA
12-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Way too overpriced. And after I think about it, I'm not sure I want to pay 130 bucks to put my $200+ articulated figure in a static statue pose, and if I don't use it, what good is that $130 doing me?

These needed to be much cheaper :lol

SkyIScrape
12-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Way too overpriced. And after I think about it, I'm not sure I want to pay 130 bucks to put my $200+ articulated figure in a static statue pose, and if I don't use it, what good is that $130 doing me?

These needed to be much cheaper :lol

Exactly. If the price was lower I would likely get one for my Mark VI. Maybe it wouldn't look so ridiculous if all the armors are in various poses? Mark I on the rockets, Mark II on the table, Mark IV in the Gantry, Mark V battle damaged, Mark VI in the HOA box. Not bad.

chubbyman
12-30-2012, 11:59 AM
I would really love to hear the rationale of the 9 people buying all 7

Dracula
12-30-2012, 12:14 PM
Those prices are ridiculous.. If they lower the prices by half I might get 8 of them. But it also depends on if they will ever release a Mark III 2.0 since I don't have that one.. the armory would be incomplete without it. That reminds me, I don't even have the Mark VI... Ebay here I come.

SkyIScrape
12-30-2012, 12:18 PM
I would really love to hear the rationale of the 9 people buying all 7

I'm guessing money isn't really much of a concern :huh

DrQ2
12-30-2012, 12:45 PM
I'm guessing money isn't really much of a concern :huh

Maybe just saying that they will buy them.

Btw I like your sig line.

DrQ2
12-30-2012, 12:50 PM
I just plan on making a case, then again I was planning on. It along. I just ordered all the led lights, the wood sometime next month and I have the rest.

I have this feeling that they are buying them from the person who has been selling them.

I still need two more lighted iron stands. Hint hint

RyanSD
12-30-2012, 05:33 PM
Wow, nobody is who is buying this is planning an IM2 dio with the 4 piece set?

See, to me, that would be the one to go for if you have all the figures up until this point. That way your Mk. V can still be fighting Whiplash and your Mk VI can be posed with War Machine. And lets not forget Mk VII with the rest of the team.

Well, that's what I will do if I ever get these, which won't happen unless there's a discount down the road.

Hydeous
12-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Wow, nobody is who is buying this is planning an IM2 dio with the 4 piece set?

See, to me, that would be the one to go for if you have all the figures up until this point. That way your Mk. V can still be fighting Whiplash and your Mk VI can be posed with War Machine. And lets not forget Mk VII with the rest of the team.

Well, that's what I will do if I ever get these, which won't happen unless there's a discount down the road.

Good idea. But the current mark III options out there are still **** though:lol

kanine
12-30-2012, 06:29 PM
$800 is too much money for 7 plastic boxes, plus I would need a lot of space to line up all 7 next to each other, so no go for me. Maybe if no one buys it, and they mark down the price severely I might consider it.

Mr Walker
12-30-2012, 06:50 PM
As it stand, no, for a couple of reasons.

1) Too expensive for what you get.
2) IM just standing in a little alcove? Boring.

Nintenjoe
12-30-2012, 08:01 PM
Nope. Not buying any. Number one reason is price. For what amounts to be a plastic box and a light, these things are astronomically over priced. Number two - I'd rather pose my figures in an action pose than just standing there.

COSMOSTARX
12-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Mark I 2.0 and Mark VII would give me four suits to put into a set of these but the price is too steep for a display case. C'mon man... just because a FEW completionists are willing to push out top dollar doesn't mean the rest of us will. Like all of the people paying for Kato suits.. it's not for everyone.

These prices need to go lower.

Theokan
12-30-2012, 09:08 PM
HT gave a pretty good discount for buying the Gantry with Mark IV combo, when compared to just buying the Gantry by itself. They should have done the same with the 4 set and 7 set Hall of Armor, singles can still be $130 each, but 4set and 7set should be noticeably less which would give people the incentive to go bigger.

-

isis_x10a
12-30-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm just getting one.....just to hide the fade BD Mark III from the rest of IM.....

Doomsday
12-30-2012, 11:20 PM
price doesn't justify it, plus I'll only have 2 Iron Mans by the time this comes out next year

Khonsu70
12-31-2012, 12:15 AM
$800 is too much money for 7 plastic boxes, plus I would need a lot of space to line up all 7 next to each other, so no go for me. Maybe if no one buys it, and they mark down the price severely I might consider it.

Just wanted to clarify here: I don't believe these are modular. You can either buy singles, a set of four alcoves, which are molded as one solid unit, or a set of seven molded as a single unit. There is no "lining them up" involved - is that correct?

bandito
12-31-2012, 12:25 AM
Just wanted to clarify here: I don't believe these are modular. You can either buy singles, a set of four alcoves, which are molded as one solid unit, or a set of seven molded as a single unit. There is no "lining them up" involved - is that correct?

These are modular.... with the side panels movable to the middle or side (of one box)... You could see the points on the side used for attachment.

These should be packed un-assembled (some assembly required)... Beside you can attach as many as you can afford, even making a full circle.

2ndname
12-31-2012, 04:07 PM
You know that you guys will ended up buying just 1 in the beginning just to see...only after the first one you'll start wanting to be an Elitist and buy up all 7. Don't fight it =)

Fisherprice
12-31-2012, 05:08 PM
Ok I thought about this some more. there is no way these should be price that high. There is no likeness royalty that they have to pay, no additional sculpting artist that is taking months to get the likeness right.
Having worked on Comic and Movie related Games I am sure that they were given a style guide with everything they needed to produce these.

With all that being said I am going to hope that enough of us pass on them and the price drops.

Joeyrainbow
01-01-2013, 12:21 PM
Like it a lot, but pricing means I'm out.

Mrcollaborator
01-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Come on, the pricing is insane, even for a hot toys/sideshow figure..

xenowolf
01-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Exactly. There is nothing wrong with them other than price. I think they're really great and I would love to have seven of them - if they were roughly half the price. It would even push me to purchase the Iron Man armors that I'm currently missing.

:goodpost: This is exactly how i feel about these, they would sell out quick if they were 1/2 this ridiculous price. God they would make a sweet hall of armor display tho with all the armors, gantry, and dummy!:gah:

dsokyra
01-02-2013, 12:43 PM
I just PO'd 2 sets of 4 from SSC...The flexpay option helps soften the blow :lol I'm building one huge IM display with 8 armors and the suit up gantry with Tony in the middle :yess:

darthaegeus
01-03-2013, 10:46 AM
I really want to get all seven, but there's just a few problems in may way and price really isn't one of them. I just have to wait for around another 30 days to get to around $200 in credit from Sideshow rewards. Though a lower price would be absolutely awesome...it's space needed to display. I just rearranged my office to fit Iron Monger behind all the other Iron Man armors, plus another dilemma: I have to figure out how/where to fit all the upcoming Avengers/Batman figures I have on order. "cough cough" I'm sick I know, but I love it.

a-dev
01-03-2013, 10:58 AM
I would never have been buying these regardless so I trust someone like me shouldn't vote.

Actarus
01-03-2013, 03:03 PM
I am waiting to see the pictures of the 12 that voted for the option 7.
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

dsokyra
01-03-2013, 05:53 PM
I am waiting to see the pictures of the 12 that voted for the option 7.
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

What pictures? What's funny? Am I missing something? :dunno

JamesHBK
01-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Looks awesome, just way too expensive for me.

Optimatron
01-03-2013, 06:16 PM
I don't have enough Iron Man figures for this. I'm waiting to see what Hot Toys has up their sleeve for the 1/4th Avengers, and my MKVI is displayed with Iron Monger.

Durable
01-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Great idea, but too pricey--maybe for 1/2 that price I'd buy some.

SeizeUrDestiny
01-07-2013, 04:14 AM
This is way overpriced, but I really want it. I'm tempted, but I know the wise decision is to pass. Who am I kidding, I will decide to pass because of the price, but in the end I will give in... it's inevitable.

Lordthanos
01-12-2013, 11:43 AM
These are modular.... with the side panels movable to the middle or side (of one box)... You could see the points on the side used for attachment.

These should be packed un-assembled (some assembly required)... Beside you can attach as many as you can afford, even making a full circle.

Does anyone know how big of a table(in diameter) will I need if I'm to get enough of this Hall of Armors to make a full circle?

nocternus
01-12-2013, 11:49 AM
I have every hot toys iron man product so far bar the mech test, but at those prices no way

imthebestatwhatido
01-12-2013, 07:24 PM
I would rather have more figures than something to display figures in.