GG stormtroopers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gagaliya

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know it's forbidden to talk about GG here, and personally never liked their stuff, seems low quality. However 2 stormtrooper really caught my eye, seems very unique. Couldnt find any thread about it, wondering what you guys think about them?

female stormtrooper
17947d1302627053-new-star-wars-collectibles-fall-1femaletroopers.jpg

zombie stormtrooper
80125-death-trooper-statue.jpg

I can pass easily on the two chicks, but the zombie trooper rocks! I've read the novel that it's based on and it was one of the best books I've read in the Star Wars EU. I'll be looking out for that one.

I can see the appeal with both but they seem a bit gimmicky at the same time -- the female stormtroopers less so than the zombie. Love Romaro and especially the Dawn of the Dead remake, along with somewhat suffering through Walking Dead (I love zombies as much as anyone, basically) but zombies in Star Wars are not something I'm interested in.

At least the stormtrooper women make me rethink what I assumed I knew about stormtroopers and it's neat to look at the armour with the curvyness and so on, but the zombie just makes me feel like a marketing casualty. That said, I've not read the story like nothingface35, so I guess I'd take my comments with a grain of salt.

Thanks for posting this, btw. I saw the pic of the stormtrooper zombie over at Rebelscum and was kind of wondering what everyone's take on it was.

Same chick ones the exclusive head, and hasn't GG been promising this statue for years?

When it ships theres going to be some happy people that have been waiting a loooong time. :dunno

I bought two of the zombie trooper busts last year. Now they're releasing a full statue? :banghead

i remember seeing the zombie statue before the bust came out, looks exactly the same except with the legs cut off. I thought that it might have been a proto for the bust or something. Glad i didn't pick the bust up now, quite tempted to go for the statue. I loved the book, and i love me some zombies!

I like the Gentle Giant busts. Sold off all the Star Wars statues. Their products are of good quality. The management were tools for a while but have quieted down in recent years.

i remember seeing the zombie statue before the bust came out, looks exactly the same except with the legs cut off. I thought that it might have been a proto for the bust or something. Glad i didn't pick the bust up now, quite tempted to go for the statue. I loved the book, and i love me some zombies!

I got one for the price of shipping since I am a PGM member (had a $30 credit) and the other only cost $30 plus shipping, so I can't really complain.

I got one for the price of shipping since I am a PGM member (had a $30 credit) and the other only cost $30 plus shipping, so I can't really complain.

how's the paint quality? can you take some in hand photos. There arent much info on those.

I have all the Imperial Gentle Giant statues. Their Dewback and Scout statues are impressive. The Slave Leia is the best high end statue of her, way better resemblance than the bulged eyed PF. The Stormtrooper bust has the most accurate helmet in any licensed scale. The company itself has its own problems, but most of the old busts and statues are great.

As for the statues above, the chick and zombie ones, easy pass. I would prefer this one instead any day (though the helmet on the floor looks like a dood, but who cares when you have such a nice Stormrgirl LOL): https://www.thereplicapropforum.com/f13/starwars-stormgirl-kit-1-6-available-once-119959/

STGcomparison.jpg

Sorry boys, I like girls and StarWars but this titty armor type of ____ is what's wrong with modern day SW. This isn't my SW, this is pandering to the fanboys. And no I don't think women would have been allowed in the Empire. They're a facist empire, not the glee club. And stay off my lawn. :lol

Back