"National Lampoon's Vacation"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:slap

Nothing about it is really outdated aside from the clothing. Swap Rusty's Walkman for an ipod, theres no other way to improve the movie or match the cast of the original.

The link isn't working for me but I remember reading about this a while back, is it still the premise of an adult Rusty taking his family on vacation?

It's not really a reboot as much as it is a sequel without the original cast. I hate how they misuse that word these days. This could be good if Clark were in it taking his grandkids out on a crazy adventure. But if it's just a new Rusty and his kids, it's a lame idea. In addition to Clark and Ellen, Eddie should make an appearance. Without these things, I'd be very skeptical.

The link isn't working for me but I remember reading about this a while back, is it still the premise of an adult Rusty taking his family on vacation?

well that doesn't sound so bad, I mean, I would hate a flat out remake,
but if they are trying to say is Rusty this time It kinda makes sense, he probably feels he learned a lot with the trips he took, and he feels that now if he has a family he wants to relive that.

sounds legit

I bet i'm right.

Clark- Ed Helms

I don't know or care about the kids.

Mom (forgot her name) Elizabeth Banks, or Kristan Wigg.

Brother- Zack Gallafinakis.

Directed by someone who did The Office at one point.

I bet i'm right.

Clark- Ed Helms

I don't know or care about the kids.

Mom (forgot her name) Elizabeth Banks, or Kristan Wigg.

Brother- Zack Gallafinakis.

Directed by someone who did The Office at one point.

But it's not a reboot... It's a sequel. And they already made a sequel without the MAIN cast. Christmas Vacation 2. Never saw it but Cousin Eddie is on the cover. So this isn't as big of a deal as some of you think.

Hollywood has run out of ideas a long time ago and we are getting more reboots/sequels/prequels instead of new stories.

I don't know...I just wish they would do great things with them.

But either way, our market is on brand recognition now. No teenager cares about who made what.

Maybe they can get adult Rusty to shoot Gallafinakis in the ass with a BB gun this time. The only way I'd be marginally interested in this is if the got Anthony Michael Hall to return to playing Rusty....maybe Galecki but probably not anyone other than Hall.

Back