The Mandalorian & Grogu (Theatrical Movie)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisstbh

Thrawnald McDonald
Reaction score
https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-and-grogu
1704821146639.jpeg

I've seen enough of them on D+. I'm content with my OT/PT blu rays from now on.
I can’t see this performing well at the box office. People love sitting back and watching their precious Baby Yoda in the comfort of their own homes and now Disney expects them to go to the cinema and pay extra to see a movie?

No chance. We’ve seen how well that’s working for the MCU… What do you mean the casual viewer has to watch 5 TV shows before going to see a movie?

As much as I've lost interest in the series, I can still see the appeal in watching an epic Mando adventure on the big screen. Assuming it actually stays focused on Mando and doesn't become about another huge teamup with every Disney+ character.

As much as I've lost interest in the series, I can still see the appeal in watching an epic Mando adventure on the big screen. Assuming it actually stays focused on Mando and doesn't become about another huge teamup with every Disney+ character.
I mean I’ll go see it. I just can’t imagine the wider audience bothering instead of waiting for it to hit D+ a month later.

Prediction: first scene has Mando and Grogu accidentally being killed by Apollo Creed. Film then shifts to Boba Fett and the cool teenage cyborg biker gang who take it from there. Film makes $5 billion and they build a new theme park around it.

Assuming it actually stays focused on Mando and doesn't become about another huge teamup with every Disney+ character.

Big assumption, brother.

I'm tired of Grogu. He was cute when he was BabyYoda, but that's played out and now that he's grown up, Disney will do with him as they did Groot.

Plus, the movie will become a plug for the Rey trilogy.

I still think Grogu makes for a fun sidekick, but yeah I think his pop culture moment has passed and I can't see it being a big draw for audiences any longer.

They'll need to find some other hook to get people interested in this.

Back