What Is Your Most Treasured LOTR Piece?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me its gotta be my Morgul Lord lsb. It was the first LOTR LSB, and he is my favorite character from the films and books. This thing is just so impressive when seen in person. Its so detailed you can see the design on the borders of his robe. Also was my first LOTR collectible. WE NEED A MOUTH OF SAURON LSB SIDESHOW!!! (and please make it the same scale with the same base, thank you ;))

Ack, i have a few!
The One Ring by Jens Hansen - yes, the people who made THE ring for the films!
Bilbo statue - my first SSW item (besides Smeagol) and when i saw it in person that's when i was hooked.
Orthanc - The one item i searched high and low for, and was most excited about getting.
RWOS - has to be my favourite statue overall.

Gothmog Chess Piece, because it is one of the very few pieces, that are bigger than the others of the same character and much more detailed.

My first and foremost would be the LE Anduril that my wife purchased for me for Christmas - and started my collection rolling those years back. :love

As for statue, it would have to be the RWOS, the essential Weta piece. :lecture

for me, I guess it's the Premium format URUK HAI exclusive version and the PF LURTZ. love these Figs to death because of the perfect sculpt and paintjob! Second to my fave is the Sideshow weapons & arms plaque and not to forget the Helm collection.well, guess I've mentioned enough...:monkey5

Well the only two I have are the Uruk Hai Exclusive and I just received Galadriel today:banana
I'm hoping to add a few more pieces in a month or so:joy

Sean was at the fan expo in Toronto in 2008, really nice guy. Chatted for a bit as I was there early and the lines weren't to bad yet.

I don't have a lot of LOTR pieces, only Aragorn, Lurts and Berserker PFs and Beserker is my favorite. I can't wait for Legolas to arrive.....in 6 months.... :(

:D
I don't have a lot of LOTR pieces, only Aragorn, Lurts and Berserker PFs and Beserker is my favorite. I can't wait for Legolas to arrive.....in 6 months.... :(

That sounds like a pretty good start to me bear. Do you have the exclusives or regs of Aragon and Lurtz? I have neither unfortunately:monkey2 I am keeping my fingers crossed for my waitlists to be converted for Legolas and the Shades of Moria Diorama, exclusives on both.

that's cool rogue. You should have asked him all questions about Rudy:D He does seem like he'd be a nice guy.

My favorites would be my lifesize Gollum and Smeagol statues...Out of sideshows I'd have to pick the exclusive berserker pf...:monkey5

We have the Shades of Mordor exclusive with Frodo on the separate base. I think it would have been great if the Uruk Hai exclusive had the headless soldier falling to his knees on a separate piece:monkey5

Re: What Is Your Most Treasured LOTR Piece?

Most certainly this...

review_lotr12_1b.jpg

be5e_1_b.JPG

RWOS or Sauron for Took!

I would have to say Sauron. He was my first ever collectible, and set the bar pretty high!! I remember setting him up for the first time, just being wowed by his size, weight, and detail!!!
If I could keep only ONE piece (that I currently own)I would have to keep him. They did a great job and it has aged well, IMO.

This is tough....I would probably have to go with the Lurtz PF. I love that piece.

A close second would be Gandalf on Shadowfax, Aragorn PF and the Escape off the Road wall plaque.

I have a Darren Carnall custom 12" Aragorn he made for me. That and the exclusive Aragorn PF are my favorite pieces. My wife's favorite piece in my collection is the statue of Sam carrying Frodo to Mount Doom.

Back