The Wait is Over: Modern Thing has arrived....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This wouldn't be a true party without some updated pics, on my part!

This was Modern Thing at a photoshoot in L.A. recently. He's looking to start a career in the modeling industry. I heard Calvin Klein is looking for a new underwear model that fits his description....

ModernThing06-11-2010-3.jpg

ModernThing06-11-2010-2.jpg

ModernThing06-11-2010-1.jpg

ModernThing06-11-2010-4.jpg

Great Modeling Pics....let me know how the new career works out for him :lol

I actually really like that last pic, great job :duff

Great Modeling Pics....let me know how the new career works out for him :lol

I actually really like that last pic, great job :duff

Thanks, Power!

I'm working on improving my photography skills. I've got a new lens on its way that I'm excited about using. Thanks to a fellow board member, I've been learning a lot. :rock

ok decided to use my 10000 post to revive one of the most epic threads eva:yess::yess:

Now i'm outta here for good.:monkey2

You just made my day!!! :lol :rock

There's no better thread than this to share such a milestone! Congrats, quad! You rock! :rock

ok decided to use my 10000 post to revive one of the most epic threads eva:yess:

Now i'm outta here for good.:monkey2

Good man !!! and congrats buddy :1-1:

:hi5:
x

You just made my day!!! :lol :rock

There's no better thread than this to share such a milestone! Congrats, quad! You rock! :rock
:exactly: :goodpost:

I still have 'booze protector' :rock
x

A very very underated statue

Saw this guy at a comic shop on Queen Street here in Toronto (Silver Snail) and it really took me aback. Until that day I knew what SS was (had just recently discovered them) but never knew how awesome or how big or how amazing their PF line was in person, the mixed-media really wowed me. Change my whole mind set about SS PFs, took me almost 5 years to order my first one, but thank you SS.

ps. thanks Chapter 2099, if it wasn't for your post in https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106890 I wouldn't have seen him again

Last edited:
A very very underated statue

Saw this guy at a comic shop on Queen Street here in Toronto (Silver Snail) and it really took me aback. Until that day I knew what SS was (had just recently discovered them) but never knew how awesome or how big or how amazing their PF line was in person, the mixed-media really wowed me. Change my whole mind set about SS PFs, took me almost 5 years to order my first one, but thank you SS.

ps. thanks Chapter 2099, if it wasn't for your post in https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106890 I wouldn't have seen him again

Thanks for reviving the thread! This is definitely an awesome piece. It got made fun of quite a bit when it first came out and people called me crazy, but I still love it. I have it boxed up for the moment, after being on display for the longest time. Still in the middle of revamping things, but it's a keeper.

Did you purchase the one in Toronto? You don't see the International Ex. around anymore.

I'm a huge Thing fan and while I don't own the modern version, I have the ex and it's my favorite Thing statue. Nothing comes close to size and detail. I'd get another scale/version but nothing else compares, great statue.

I'm a huge Thing fan and while I don't own the modern version, I have the ex and it's my favorite Thing statue. Nothing comes close to size and detail. I'd get another scale/version but nothing else compares, great statue.

He's just massive. I love everything about the PF. They did the character justice, IMO.

Thanks for reviving the thread! This is definitely an awesome piece. It got made fun of quite a bit when it first came out and people called me crazy, but I still love it. I have it boxed up for the moment, after being on display for the longest time. Still in the middle of revamping things, but it's a keeper.

Did you purchase the one in Toronto? You don't see the International Ex. around anymore.

No I never did. At the time even like $300 or so for a statue was unimaginable to me. That was about 6 years ago at least if I'm not wrong. My first PF PO is actually the Batman EX which ive been not so patiently waiting for, second is Supes Comic Ver. and to make up for lost time I'm waiting on the Red Sonja, Hellboy, Apocalypse PF, Catwoman and WW (if and when the last two even get previewed) for now and over the next few years I will let my collection grow. :)

We have something called the Fan Expo here and it runs for 4 days here from Aug 22-25. Went for the 1st time last year and plan on going this year to get a few autographs from Stan Lee and Mike Mignola. Love his Hellboy stuff and just picked up a Cronos movie poster from Mondo that I'd love to get signed by him. Want Stan to sign my Spiderman vs. Venom Polystone Dio from SS.

9017_press01-001.jpg

Last edited:
No I never did. At the time even like $300 or so for a statue was unimaginable to me. That was about 6 years ago at least if I'm not wrong. My first PF PO is actually the Batman EX which ive been not so patiently waiting for, second is Supes Comic Ver. and to make up for lost time I'm waiting on the Red Sonja, Hellboy, Apocalypse PF, Catwoman and WW (if and when the last two even get previewed) for now and over the next few years I will let my collection grow. :)

We have something called the Fan Expo here and it runs for 4 days here from Aug 22-25. Went for the 1st time last year and plan on going this year to get a few autographs from Stan Lee and Mike Mignola. Love his Hellboy stuff and just picked up a Cronos movie poster from Mondo that I'd love to get signed by him. Want Stan to sign my Spiderman vs. Venom Polystone Dio from SS.

9017_press01-001.jpg

Well, welcome to the boards! :rock The Batman PF is definitely an awesome way to kick things off.

The Fan Expo sounds very cool. I'm looking to meet Stan someday soon as well!

Crazy.

"Someday" better be soon indeed. Him not getting any younger is putting it mildly. :)

Yup, his hands shake as he makes signatures...:exactly: :(

Ski

This is arguably one of the greatest threads that the Marvel section has even seen. A lot of good times in this thread.

So I thought to myself....

"What better way to celebrate 20,000 posts than right here, in this very thread!"

So this one's for you, big guy! I love ya more and more every day. :duff

*cues music*

ModernThing06-11-2010-3.jpg

ModernThing06-11-2010-2.jpg

ModernThing06-11-2010-1.jpg

ModernThing06-11-2010-4.jpg

Back