The Wait is Over: Modern Thing has arrived....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to my good friend the Gueezer I now have the International Thing back in my Collection :rock :grouphug
I have both this and the Exclusive now (Exc is in Living room) but I want to show you this, I give you...........

Ben.......The Booze Protector :rock :rock :rock

000_0001_01.jpg

x :rock :lol

My fridge is BEKO. :rock:lol

hell ya, way to go shell. one of the greatest PF's ever made.....

?...............?...............?...............?.........ya :D
Thanks pal and good man, you're learning :clap :lol
x
I couldn't have said it better myself, Quad. :D And not only that, but this is one of the greatest threads ever created.
I'm admiring my Modern Ex. as we speak. It's a beauty!!! :rock

Shell, I'm glad to hear that it's back in the collection. And that it has already found its place in the household. I wouldn't have any other PF protecting my booze other than this guy. :rockl
Thanks buddy, I thought what better thread to share my good news in but this one!!
He guards my Booze well I tells ya !!
x
My fridge is BEKO. :rock:lol
:horror freaky...
x
but does it have a Anastacia magnet?

Anastacia.jpg
Only the best fridges do !!
Thanks everyone, I love Big ol' Ben and now I have both the Exclusive and this Modern version too. As long as he just protects my booze and doesn't drink it, he will be here forever!!
I LOVE that piccie Ski.....ANASTACIA BABY !!
x

but does it have a Anastacia magnet?

Anastacia.jpg

you know looking at that pic, some people just look soooooo good wearing glasses:D they really suit her and her look...great accessory, of course her other assets don't hurt either, but her glasses are the second thing i notice and well the first..........i wonder..:rolleyes:

you know looking at that pic, some people just look soooooo good wearing glasses:D they really suit her and her look...great accessory, of course her other assets don't hurt either, but her glasses are the second thing i notice and well the first..........i wonder..:rolleyes:

Is it just me or is Quad falling in love with her sunglasses and other assets?:naughty

After a long journey, the Sideshow Modern Thing Premium Format - International Exclusive has arrived. Certainly, many of you remember my thread in the WTB forum. As promised, here are pictures of the "big guy" finally at home, safe and sound. He's so much more than I expected. Despite the criticism that this piece receives, I'm glad I took the risk. :cool:

Let the festivities begin. :fireworks

picture.php

Hey Chapter; After seeing your thread and the pics of the Modern Thing, and then seeing Quads pics too in another thread, and then seeing I had $72 that I can apply in reward points in SS towards this, and you mentioning the low ES, and to boot, I had to make sure that Quad was not the only Albertan who would have the modern thing (maybe Greatwall does too), I decided to go for it. I have been mulling this for a long time, but reason I did not buy it is because I wanted the heads to be able to switch out on it (I like the teeth:D).

Thanks for taking the time to take the pics and post Chap.

It's interesting that The Modern Thing is still available although it does not show up on the second chance pages....

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_i...-72092&utm_campaign=listing&utm_source=online

Ski, I think that it is not on the second chance pages because it never sold out in the first place (at least I think that is what second chance pages are, when an item sells out and then there is another opportunity to buy it after sellout).

This one has the "Low Stock" alert with the red bar when I ordered it today.

yeah i even had a Buffy pf at one time, then i came out of my drunken weekend and sold her...........:D

Buffy PF is awesome... you suck for selling it. I love that PF! mmmm Buffy in knee high boots and a miniskirt. Granted SMG is a rake now. Man, she was so hot in season 1 with the extra meat. Damn women obsessed with being ultra skinny.

Buffy PF is awesome... you suck for selling it. I love that PF! mmmm Buffy in knee high boots and a miniskirt. Granted SMG is a rake now. Man, she was so hot in season 1 with the extra meat. Damn women obsessed with being ultra skinny.

STFU Eli :D:D

seriously though i had the red pants version, and it was a very well done PF imo, but it just didn't fit into my collection and i got her for a steal so i sold her for a profit and she was gonzo:monkey2

It has become somewhat of a tradition here on the SSF Message Boards for me to post in this thread everytime I reach a posting "milestone," and this time is no exception. With my 8,000th post, I'd like to revisit one of Sideshow's masterpieces, Marvel's Modern Thing - International Exclusive Premium Format piece. Not many can pull off this look, but Ben Grimm can and certainly does with this exciting interpretion from Sideshow Collectibles, based on Mike Wieringo's vision.

I now invite all collectors of this piece to post updates, new photos, or general comments about this larger-than-life "gem." If you recently acquired this one, please let us know, so that we can welcome you to the club. I could go on and on, but what fun would that be!!! :lol We all know I hold this one dear to my heart.

So once again, I'd like to open up the "floor" and without further ado....

:fireworks Let the festivities begin! :fireworks

picture.php

:woo :woo bout time this thread was brought forward :rock :rock

Congrats on your milestone my friend :rock :duff

With regard to Ben, I still have mine displayed proudly.

Ben, my Booze Protector::duff :drink
000_0001_01.jpg

x :wave

^^^ Absolutely beautiful!!! :rock :rock :rock

Even if the day comes that I get out of Marvel, I might just keep this one because of the hype we've built. I don't know what it is, but I still love this one. He just "chills" out in my office in the corner, just as awesome as ever.

^^^ Absolutely beautiful!!! :rock :rock :rock

Even if the day comes that I get out of Marvel, I might just keep this one because of the hype we've built. I don't know what it is, but I still love this one. He just "chills" out in my office in the corner, just as awesome as ever.
Amen to that :lecture

I got out of Marvel, sold all my pieces but my Thing was a gift from a dear friend of mine. So not only did I love him this piece in the first place, but it now has sentimental value.
He is going nowhere, ever!!

The only thing I have left Marvel-wise apart from Ben is my Doom PF which has been boxed up for the last 2 and half years so I'll sell him and be rid.
Then Ben will be the only Marvel piece I have :rock :rock
x :wave

Back