Statue/Bust of the Year

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Statue/Bust of the Year

• Indiana Jones Premium Format

Votes: 42 30.2%
  • Aragorn Premium Format

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Speeder Scout Premium Format

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Predator Cinemaquette

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • Thor Premium Format

Votes: 23 16.5%
  • Bowen Faux Bronze Line

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anakin Premium Format

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Emperor 1:1 Bust

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Salacious Crumb 1:1 Figure

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 7 5.0%

• Total voters
What is missing, in your opinion? :confused:

What I was saying actually, is that it's not easy to make a poll about 'best figure or bust' that has some representative value. No matter what, it's always incomplete.
So what is missing? Several. Bride & Frank SSE, The Thing, Asajj Ventress, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, to name a few. Hell, some people might would have voted for RoboCop! :D To cataloguize some of these nice figures under "other" just doesn't do it.

Last edited:
Its like a tourney then you pick the 10 best options and let them run. I wouldn't say any of those would be ahead of any of these.

Perhaps, but, who is going to pick THE 10 best? That's a subjective decision. Your poll would have looked different than LOTRFan's.

It's all good, I was just curious as to what the majority of collectors would value as the best - and value is the key term here; IMO the choices you listed aren't that sought after.

It's all good, I was just curious as to what the majority of collectors would value as the best - and value is the key term here; IMO the choices you listed aren't that sought after.

I will say how much something is sought after doesnt necessarily apply to which is the best...
... the odd pose keeps the Creature from being in the running IMO, but I do think the Frank/Bride duo could be contenders as a set.... maybe not individually though....

I will say how much something is sought after doesnt necessarily apply to which is the best...
... the odd pose keeps the Creature from being in the running IMO, but I do think the Frank/Bride duo could be contenders as a set.... maybe not individually though....

I totally agree, and I actually have those three pieces. Not only that, but the Bride would have actually gone under last year's poll.

I voted for Indy for a number of reasons. I have no doubt that the Predator Cinemaquette is the most impressive piece on this list. But in terms of bang for your buck, Indy blows it away. Plus, I do think that Indiana Jones is a more popular and iconic character, and Harrison Ford's likeness has historically been so hard to capture that I feel it's worth rewarding the great job that Sideshow did on it.

I voted for Indy for a number of reasons. I have no doubt that the Predator Cinemaquette is the most impressive piece on this list. But in terms of bang for your buck, Indy blows it away. Plus, I do think that Indiana Jones is a more popular and iconic character, and Harrison Ford's likeness has historically been so hard to capture that I feel it's worth rewarding the great job that Sideshow did on it.

A very good reason, too! :clap

It was basically the likeness that I based my vote on. That likeness is awesome. The Anakin likeness is great too, and would have given Indy a run for his money for my vote if not for Anakin's tunic being too short.

There was a thread without a poll and if I remember correctly most people were saying the things that are listed on here. I guess the poll could get more validity if there were nominations and the ones with the most nominations made the list. But then it doesn't matter because my favorite will probably be the best whether it wins this poll or not.

There was a thread without a poll and if I remember correctly most people were saying the things that are listed on here. I guess the poll could get more validity if there were nominations and the ones with the most nominations made the list. But then it doesn't matter because my favorite will probably be the best whether it wins this poll or not.

Good Memory Agent
Here was the thread I started up I think its the one your talking about

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44977

I would tell you, but then it would be proof we have you under observation.

Back