Statue SS Rinzler Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing the Rogue abomination I have very little hopes SSC will change the pose, correct the helmet, or execute this piece well altogether. I really hope I'm wrong.

We'll have to wait for the release to see if they modified anything. Changing the pose is highly doubtful ; chances of bigger helmet and discs are slightly bit better (and would make me buy it instantly), but are very slim ... even anorexic (any Leathal Weapon fans around here ? ;) ).
However, the final piece can still be a home-run nonetheless, production-wise. At least, that's what I hope for those who have pre-ordered. It doesn’t have painted eyes so that’s already one thing people won’t have to worry about :monkey3

On a side note, you shouldn't generalize the Rogue PF issues to other upcoming Sideshow products. If you do, you'll probably never buy a collectible again from SS, or from any manufacturer either.

All companies have problems, one day or another. A defective item doesn't make all the other products bad.

Rogue isn't the only statue that's looking sub par lately. Just sayin'.

Here's a few others posted by a fellow Freak in another thread:

HOW THE HELL CAN THEY DO THIS ????

fed33c54.jpg

AND THIS???!!! its soooo diferent quality control

_DSC6351.jpg

_DSC7939.jpg

9-1.jpg

_DSC0156.jpg

those pics are from XXPRIVATEXx a good friend in spain

I'd add in the Thor PF & Destroyer which both got heavily criticized after members saw them on display at SDCC, and the other Xmen statue who's head looks so terrible people have labeled it an "X-turd" - think it was Gambit but I have to double check.

Last edited:
According to a Side Show chat rep yesterday it's "too late in the game" to make any changes to the pose and head/disc size to this Rinzler statue, so what we're seeing is what we're getting. Which is really too bad b/c this has gone from "Grail to fail" along with so many other recent SSC releases lately. Oh well money saved for the holiday's I guess.

what on earth is going on with sideshow? their QC in the last year or so has been horrendously inconsistent. or just plain horrendous. sigh.

now i'm seriously worried for the ss pieces i just preordered, like the jessica rabbit pf and the alien big chap statue. come guys, buck up! the economy's bad. all the more reason to give consumers quality products, if you want to stay in business.

Rogue isn't the only statue that's looking sub par lately. Just sayin'.

Here's a few others posted by a fellow Freak in another thread:

I'd add in the Thor PF & Destroyer which both got heavily criticized after members saw them on display at SDCC, and the other Xmen statue who's head looks so terrible people have labeled it an "X-turd" - think it was Gambit but I have to double check.

Those other example's were posted to illustrate SS's quality products, comparing them to the Rogue PF. Just the opposite of what you are suggesting.

And that "X-turd" (first time I read it TBH) you are making reference to is certainly NOT Gambit. In fact he is the best X-Man released so far, so I highly doubt it is him. Probably Cyclops EX head or Colossus comiquette.

End of :offtopic:

Those other example's were posted to illustrate SS's quality products, comparing them to the Rogue PF. Just the opposite of what you are suggesting.

And that "X-turd" (first time I read it TBH) you are making reference to is certainly NOT Gambit. In fact he is the best X-Man released so far, so I highly doubt it is him. Probably Cyclops EX head or Colossus comiquette.

End of :offtopic:

If that's what you call 'quality' than that's all you. :huh

After double checking the XTurd is indeed the Cyclops EX head.

3000541_press03.jpg
3000541_press05-001.jpg

I ordered Rinzler as soon as he was put up. I think that once he is in hand he will look fantastic.

No worries here!

I ordered Rinzler as soon as he was put up. I think that once he is in hand he will look fantastic.

No worries here!

Your probably right!:slap I am dying to see this release in person. Has anyone seen it in person? Also I wish they would make CLU, or Quorra in 1/2 scale!!

Well.......seems like all things Tron releated this too has been pushed back by Sideshow. Just got a revised flex pay payment schedule email showing that the last instalment is now in June not March. This seriously sucks.

Hmm, well, a lot of their stuff is getting delayed, it seems. Hope this is an effort on their part to get QC up to par.

I have two PF's coming in Q1, so I don't mind a short delay.

Well, I guess that means I should put in a pre-order soon. Low ES doesn't bode well for a Bridges. And everyone needs more Bridges in their collection.

Yeah, I never expected him even when Sideshow didn't delay this line. I guess I will have to track down the original film version bust.

I suspect Sideshow has sold less that 150 of these, and are committing to the factory for 325. Too bad, they really missed the boat on this license.

I suspect Sideshow has sold less that 150 of these, and are committing to the factory for 325. Too bad, they really missed the boat on this license.

I agree, if they had product to order when the movie was released, they could've had something huge. I'm not even sure if Rinzler made it before the DVD came out...

Still...major opportunity lost.

Back