Statue SS Rinzler Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Rinzler Maquette is a 1/4 scale item. Exact height will be updated on the site shortly. Thanks for the alert about that! Much appreciated! :)

-SideshowAlex

No probs,info is paramount before i can order an item..nice to no ssc listens to us little fella's:)

I for one was really looking forward to this release. Unfortunately SS really screwed the pooch.

To me the body sculpt looks more like a super hero than the screen Rinzler. The legs, and neck are way too muscular, and the helmet way too small. The pose is horrible, and a poor choice.

This is a PASS for me. With any luck the disc/ baton set will make up for this sub par release.

Hate to agree but I have to. I can actually live with the slightly more muscular body but the miniature helmet is pretty bad. It kind of reminds me of some of the smaller scale toys of Rinzler that have this tiny helmet on him, it takes away from the character imo and doesn't look right.

I really hope SSC tweaks the pose and helmet of this piece before production otherwise this is a very sad pass.

I like it for the most part, but after getting the HT Kevin Flynn and having the Light Cycle already completly paid for I feel pretty commited to the 1/6th scale.
I am glad however to see new stuff out there and people talking about. I might not buy but I feel better about the state of things after seeing it.

That info wasn't there before num nuts!!!:cuckoo:

sarcasm.jpg

This pose is almost the equivalent of the ROTJ Luke pose. It just doesn't make sense from a creative or business perspective to choose a less than iconic pose. :slap:slap:slap:slap

hahaha, u mean bigfoot skywalker? aside from the good mark hamill likeness, what a misfire. :lol

Hate to agree but I have to. I can actually live with the slightly more muscular body but the miniature helmet is pretty bad. It kind of reminds me of some of the smaller scale toys of Rinzler that have this tiny helmet on him, it takes away from the character imo and doesn't look right.

I really hope SSC tweaks the pose and helmet of this piece before production otherwise this is a very sad pass.

Watched the movie again last night, and then watched the Sideshow pics and 360°. Helmet is too small, which makes the body looks more muscular.

A bigger helmet would make the body look less "beefed-up", but still athletic, which is what Rinzler is supposed to be.

It's the exact same problem with the discs. They make the hands and arms look bigger too.

Increase the size of the helmet and the discs and body proportions will better match the movie character's ones, IMO.

Last edited:
Ok it took forever but I found the exact pose and moment that comes to mind when i think of Rinzler, here it is in a gif but you get the idea. I hope SSC goes back to the drawing board on the pose b/c this would be an instant must have if they can give us Rinzler as we see here:

rinzler.gif

And here's a gif I found depicting the acrobatic aerial movement he performs that I referenced earlier:

Rinzler-rinzler-19303085-400-186.gif

I found this still shot from the scene above where Rinzler is introduced and breaks out his 2 discs:

Rinzler-rinzler-20010580-500-281.jpg

And here's another movie still that gives a better idea of Rinzler's true hemlet size:

Rinzler-rinzler-17772631-161-313.jpg

Finally, here's a 2nd pose that would have been automatic win:

Screen_shot_2010-11-01_at_10_11_49_PM.png

Based on all the movie still shots and the various gifs I think Corilois is right, Rinzlers helmet was a fair bit larger than what we're seeing in the SSC prototype. The pose is my biggest pet peeve, I'd probably let the helmet slide if they can nail Rinzler in classic form. It's still early so....... :pray:

Last edited:
Helmet is too small, but I'm getting this nonetheless. I have no issues with the pose and this statue rocks !

Helmet is too small, but I'm getting this nonetheless. I have no issues with the pose and this statue rocks !

It's nice to see a collector pleased with a product :hi5:

Your comment raises a question for me : customers aknowledge an item could be better/has a default, but buy the product anyway. I think it doesn't "push" the manufacturers to improve.

We're not talking about a 12" figure you swap on a different TT body or a piece of cloth you dye. It's a statue with light features.

Once again Gates, it's not directed at you ;) . My point is constructive feedback should be sent to Sideshow and others, so even more costumers are interested and satisfied. I just sent an email to SS regarding this.
But in this case, I just saw SS is not responsible for the initial design and sculpt so I'm even less hopeful something can be done.

Your comment raises a question for me : customers aknowledge an item could be better/has a default, but buy the product anyway. I think it doesn't "push" the manufacturers to improve.

We're not talking about a 12" figure you swap on a different TT body or a piece of cloth you dye. It's a statue with light features.

Once again Gates, it's not directed at you ;) . My point is constructive feedback should be sent to Sideshow and others, so even more costumers are interested and satisfied. I just sent an email to SS regarding this.
But in this case, I just saw SS is not responsible for the initial design and sculpt so I'm even less hopeful something can be done.

Yes it's a LITTLE small but nothing that looks too much out of place. That's why I said that. If it was something that absolutely looked ridiculous, then I wouldn't buy it. But the tiny difference is not going to stop me.

I agree with you Coriolis. This has been an issue for me with Tron before with the HT Kevin Flynn release that I really feel was a let down. I won't get into specifics but I ended up buying that figure in the end for $160 I think simply b/c I wanted to support the line in hopes of getting Quorra, Rinzler or CLU in 1/6 - figures I truly wanted.

I don't want to do same thing here again with Rinzler, b/c this will be SSC's only take on the character imo. SSC can vastly improve this Rinzler release with very minor changes and truly capture the essence of Rinzler of the film instead of what we see in the proto which does not convey the feel of the ultimate warrior of the Grid.

Last edited:
Watched the movie again last night, and then watched the Sideshow pics and 360°. Helmet is too small, which makes the body looks more muscular.

A bigger helmet would make the body look less "beefed-up", but still athletic, which is what Rinzler is supposed to be.

It's the exact same problem with the discs. They make the hands and arms look bigger too.

Increase the size of the helmet and the discs and body proportions will better match the movie character's ones, IMO.

I agree, and disagree. Rinzler on screen is slender, and not at all beefy. Even if SS made the helmet/ discs larger the sculpt is still off. Now I will also say that Disney made a major mistake making Rinzler so short in the film. Tron (Bruce) is a taller guy, so having a shorter actor portray Tron AKA Rinzler was mistake #1.

That being said I am a huge Tron fan, and was looking forward to this release, but I have to pass based on what is shown. Simply put the sculpt is not accurate to the screen seen Rinzler. So if SS wants my money then they can't half as it, and need to put better effort into the overall product. :exactly:

If I were to collect TRON related product I would get this. Pretty cool if you ask me. Only problem is I would want the lights on all the time. Just not TRON is the lights are not on.

I loved Tron, and i would not buy it. I would but the ligthcycle from HT.
Discs and head too small. I like the ligth thing, but not for me anyways.

I'm sure some other figures/statues will come up in the future.
Tron Legacy will not be forgotten :lol

After seeing the Rogue abomination I have very little hopes SSC will change the pose, correct the helmet, or execute this piece well altogether. I really hope I'm wrong.

Back