Red Ninja 12-inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Gi Joe line has to have 100 characters to choose from, and this is what we get?? I get it no Destro, no Major Bludd, spacing them out blah blah blah, but they make a random character that hardly anyone remembers?? Do they really think random collectors will drop 125$ on a cool ninja???

Who makes these decisions??

dartboard-t9574.jpg

Well, despite the negative reaction (what's new) I'm picking this guy up. Ninja's are part of the Joe mythology and will display great next to Stormshadow. I think the ridonculous "Make ______ before the line ends!!!" mentality will cause a negative reaction for any offering that isn't an A-lister Joe or Cobra.

Sideshow will have to have these cheaper than some of the recent Joes in order to sell more of them. Any more than $100 for army builders and its just too much to get more than one, if one.

Well, despite the negative reaction (what's new) I'm picking this guy up. Ninja's are part of the Joe mythology and will display great next to Stormshadow. I think the ridonculous "Make ______ before the line ends!!!" mentality will cause a negative reaction for any offering that isn't an A-lister Joe or Cobra.

Personally, I think it's a cool-looking figure (even if a Chinese hat on a Japanese clan Ninja is silly, it at least looks interesting). And I'll get at least one. But mostly because Ninjas are badass and I love them. But it's clearly an out-of-left-field WTF figure choice for the line at this point.

And you may think it's "ridonculous" for folks to have a Make XXX before the line ends stance. But, face it... Sideshow has never, in their history, had a robust 12" line that included all of the core/main characters from its license. Even the SW line (which has been around for 4-5 years) is likely a long time away from seeing figures for Chewbacca and the droids. Having a fear of the JOE line somehow ending before key characters are made is at least as sensible as a blind benefit of the doubt. Just look at the track record we're dealing with, the company's business model, and the pace of this line.

actually,I think it gets old waiting for these...with Sideshows snail pace,we are not getting any younger...A-listers make the line more exciting and us wanting to keep collecting the line...the figure is cool,but has taken another slot from a much cooler character in the joe/cobra universe....SDCC better bring us Zartan and a Joe...nothing negative about wanting figures WE really want!!

I dotn think its ridiculous at all

I dont think anyone has complained about any of the releases aside from CCC, the sniper and this guy, and the waypoint and throne if you count those as figures are these B list figures??? Id say there even further down than that.

Lets be honest and given SS history, this line isnt going to last 10 years and at the rate they release these guys, the chance that so many core figures never get made is very high. The frustrating part is we could have gotten them intread D list red random ninjas. If this was moving along like SW, these additional types would great for the people who want them.

The days of offering up appetizers are over. We want the main course while we still have something of an appetite left for this line.

Personally, I think it's a cool-looking figure (even if a Chinese hat on a Japanese clan Ninja is silly, it at least looks interesting). And I'll get at least one. But mostly because Ninjas are badass and I love them. But it's clearly an out-of-left-field WTF figure choice for the line at this point.

And you may think it's "ridonculous" for folks to have a Make XXX before the line ends stance. But, face it... Sideshow has never, in their history, had a robust 12" line that included all of the core/main characters from its license. Even the SW line (which has been around for 4-5 years) is likely a long time away from seeing figures for Chewbacca and the droids.

Point taken IJ, and I can appreciate where the mentality comes from. The way I see it, these troopers and now Ninja, are "fillers" in between A-listers - that is to say, they are figures offered up while we wait for the next core character to come up rather than taking it's place in queue.

After Zartan, Destro and the ladies are produced (all of which have already been announced as being in development I believe) there really won't be any A-listers that "need" to be made to make the line feel complete. We also know that Hawk, Dusty, Snow Job, etc., are also in development. Bring on the red ninjas in the meantime.

I can think off teh top of may head of at least 20 characters that should be made, all of them 100 x more important than this figure

At 4 a year thats another 5 years, really think this has the legs to go 5 more years?

well at least I can recreate the snake eyes vs ninja diorama and change those poses!

If its 89.99 ill consider it, but chances are it wont be and Ill past. Lots of cool pieces though for a kitbash.

Back