open the box?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know its probably extremely anal, but i dont have showcases to display all of my 1/6 collectables in and am worried that if i just display them wherever then the clothing might fade or the figure's paint might fade even if there are not in direct sunlight but if the sun is coming in the room, i am anxious. also i dont want dust to get over the clothing for fear that it could fade bright white colored plastic like on a stormtrooper. am i just crazy or does anyone else feel like this? should i have the concerns? and most importantly where did i leave my dq blizzard at????

Things have changed with HT Boxes. They now seal the boxes with those little clear plastic SSC like disks. They also now twistie tie them like SSC too.

This is new for HT. They never used to seal their boxes.

Before that the HT figures were loose in the tray mostly and you could display them and rebox them for reselling. Not anymore...

So if you have ANY intention of reselling them you have to take that into consideration. Sealed box figures will always be worth more in the aftermarket. See "40 Year Old Virgin" for further clarification.

But, if you want these figures for your personal collection and plan to hold on to them for a long time, always better to display them. Get some pleasure out of them, they are ultra cool.

As long as you keep them in MInt In Box Condition, you can resell them at a later date for near full retail value.

That sucks. Haven't seen a TDK fig yet. You can still repackage a Predator in the new box system but it's a beotch and you'll know it's been open.

i know its probably extremely anal, but i dont have showcases to display all of my 1/6 collectables in and am worried that if i just display them wherever then the clothing might fade or the figure's paint might fade even if there are not in direct sunlight but if the sun is coming in the room, i am anxious. also i dont want dust to get over the clothing for fear that it could fade bright white colored plastic like on a stormtrooper. am i just crazy or does anyone else feel like this? should i have the concerns? and most importantly where did i leave my dq blizzard at????

It's all in what you like. If you like looking at the boxes better leave 'em inside. They're definitely safer. I open them unless I have doubles.

I can understand the appeal of leaving a vintage item in a box, but new items deserve to be opened and enjoyed.

yes this forum converted me into opening my figs, i only have back ups for my absolute favorite characters (top ten) and i would not sell any of my stuff. i usually choose carefully so i dont end up selling it later on to buy something else. OPEN THE FIGS AND LET THEM BREATHE

All my premium format items are MISB. I have never opened them. Come to think of it I don't even know if they're really in the box! It could be full of bricks for all I know!!!

I'm kidding!!! Open the darn thing! Display it! As some have already said, most companies today offer their product in collector-friendly boxes. So there's no need to tear/damage the box open to remove the figure.

I too have resold some items after displaying them and putting them back in their original boxes. Many of them above the original retail price!

Trust me, you'll enjoy them more outside of their box!

Eric

yah what creecher said. i think it depends on why you bought the figure in the first place. did you buy it to turn a profit or to open and play? i have a friend who is maniacal about mint in box and he'd drive to four stores just because there's a fingerprint on the blister packaging. lol

Eventually his senses will kick in and he'll say, WTF am I doing this for?!!!

Eric

They matter a TON for resale. HT Predators are a perfect example. Probably 25-35% less without the box. Don't understand it, but it's the way it is. So take care of those boxes when you release the figures!

I agree that the box does matter when it comes to resale value, but I think what's being said here is that you can remove your figure/statue from the box and enjoy it. Just save box for when the time comes that you want to sell it.

Eric

I bought some 1/6 of Teemu I think it was, Six Gun legends, and they did not have the box, but I love them on display with each other, but then again I doubt I will ever sell them, I think they are too ultra cool.

Back