"No Name" bodies***REVIEW LINK ON Page 1***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "No Name" bodies

Thanks for the update, guys. I'm very curious about these bodies, having used mostly TTL's as my spares since I can't afford TTs. But the TTLs are a little on the loose side, so I'd like to hear if tightening the screws will help with the shoulder and upper body looseness.

I tightened the shoulder and it is better now. Still not as tight as Id like it to be but its good enough I think.
I havent tried the upper body fix yet because that will require opening the whole upper body up just like you would for a HTs body. I did it before on a HTs body and it wasnt too hard to do.
I had use the superglue trick on the ball joint to tighten it up.

Odd that the hands would not be compatible with HT? Everything else looks like a HT body :lol

These bodies are still ~$30 at the end of the day (when you factor in shipping), but you do get a good amount of hands and two necks. I did manage to get one TT--a narrow shoulders (TTM08) when they first came out and it was only $35 at the time. And now the TTs are going for $50+. For just a body. Crazy.

You know what I bought a solid snake headplay body off toy anxiety and it even said copyright Hot toys Ltd. 2010 on the torso. So yeah it's a recast.

I have the full metal boss figure from headplay swapped the body with a Hot toys.
I have no Hot toys copyright thingy on the metal boss body.
Weird...

If someone as both bodies (metal boss and this no name body) is the plastic as brittle as the metal boss body?

I got two of those bodeis!

Overall thye are great, tight joints and all.
Even the hands are compatible with the hot toys one, well at least on mine.

I think quality overall is pretty much the same as the HT one except that the plastic is a little bit more shiny.
I will say that the plastic used is the same as the frist HT bodies wich to me were more solid that the new one.

The new HT bodies use a cheaper plastic that is more fragile IMO.

All in all im very happy.

As for cimbined shipping, while they say then don't combine, I did asked them.

And they gave me 5$ discount on the shipping for two bodies.

Last edited:

Thanks for the review Seb!
Looks like we have a potential hit with these bodies.
I'm waiting for mine, and also for the other body types they will be selling.

I will say that the plastic used is the same as the frist HT bodies wich to me were more solid that the new one.

The new HT bodies use a cheaper plastic that is more fragile IMO.

All in all im very happy.

This kind of bothers me a bit actually b/c I have 3 of the old HT bodies and on all of them the knees have cracked then broke but on all my newer figures I've yet to have any breakage. So just in my experience, the newer bodies have better plastics than the old ones. But I'm glad youre happy with your purchase

Well it really depends, I got lot of broken knees on the new ones.
I guess it depends on the bodies.

So far those one i got a re pretty solid.

It's not the plastic the problem with Hot Toys knees it mostly the design itself.
The new HT bodies have new type joints.

Seb,
you broke new type knee joint on HT bodies still break?
Or are you refering to new bodies but that still have the old joints?

This no name bodies seem to have the new type knee joint.

I had a lot of broken knees with the Gambit head TrueType bodies (3 out of 5)... they seemed particularly bad on those.

Good to know they will also do a discount on shipping; $5 per body is pretty good.

It's not the plastic the problem with Hot Toys knees it mostly the design itself.
The new HT bodies have new type joints.

If the knee cracks and breaks when first bending the knee with a newly opened figure(at the time), that's bad plastic.

But we all have different experiences in this hobby with companies. Bodies are easily replaceable though now so it's not a big deal just putting in my 2cents

Yeah, HT has had the same knees for a long time and I never had any issues. Then w/in a short window of time I had (and heard of) a lot of busted knees. Real pain as it is nearly impossible to just replace the knee and then that's $30+ wasted.

Very true. TTL bodies had been good to me though. I've gotten all tight joints and no breaks from them. But if they do so happen to break its just $15 down the drain. I haven't bought a spare TT in a while hopefully these bodies from head play or whoever will show up at places like monkeydepot.

The only issues I've had with the TTL bodies are the ankle cups -- a number of them have outright cracked in two when I've placed the ankle ball joints in them. That's annoying.

The problem with HT knees are that the damn rubber padding used in thenjoints disintergrates as per usual... I've had many break on lots of official figures too. Twice on godfather

Back