"No Name" bodies***REVIEW LINK ON Page 1***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Headplay bodies

All HT products are recasts of their prototypes anyway.
So HT recasts FTW!

Well as I can't afford the 'real deal' so to speak at the moment I've taken a chance and snagged one.

For the moment seems like only the narrow version is available on ebay for $14.99.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2209227115525

406016_209999299084224_100002224677271_442872_377611801_n.jpg

397774_209999352417552_100002224677271_442875_912103325_n.jpg

401696_209999395750881_100002224677271_442877_217103350_n.jpg

Hope they are as good as they say.
Only product i have from themis the MetalBoss figure and it's awesome, safe for the body wich was not sturdy as hot toys and had diferent knees joints but it was ok...
These seem to better already.

Is that a headplay head sculpt?

I buy this bodies if they are the same size (tall) like the TT TTB !! YES!!!!! :):):)

I don't care if it's a recast or not. It looks as good as a TT at about a 3rd of the price...works for me :dunno:

The hilarious part is . . .

There are those who'll gladly and willfully pay for a HT bootleg/copy/knock off . . . some who will avoid bootlegs due to their preference for the real deal from HT . . . some who don't care with no qualms about IP, original designs, etc. being jacked by whoever . . . yet almost everyone will get into a fit if Sideshow's offerings gets jacked (i.e. bootleg & recast).

Such double standards and hypocrisy.

:lol

Whatever . . .

i wish they would combine shipping...or else i would get 3-4...but since they do not combine...i just won't buy right now....came up to almost 100 for like 4...i know its substantially less then if i were buying the HT ones but i could use the money towards the newer muscle bodies

i wish they would combine shipping...or else i would get 3-4...but since they do not combine...i just won't buy right now....came up to almost 100 for like 4...i know its substantially less then if i were buying the HT ones but i could use the money towards the newer muscle bodies

That's what I also thought. And I bet each copy of those bodies are worth around $5 of production cost, if not less.

I ordered one and considered another. I just dont want to be disappointed and have two of them. Chances are they are really good and by the time I have it, the price will be jacked.

I've been wanting to do some basic customs or request custom headsculpts. These bodies are a great price, I might have to go for one.

The hilarious part is . . .

There are those who'll gladly and willfully pay for a HT bootleg/copy/knock off . . . some who will avoid bootlegs due to their preference for the real deal from HT . . . some who don't care with no qualms about IP, original designs, etc. being jacked by whoever . . . yet almost everyone will get into a fit if Sideshow's offerings gets jacked (i.e. bootleg & recast).

Such double standards and hypocrisy.

:lol

Whatever . . .

...Who cares? :huh

Seriously there's a lot of problems with what you said. For one, it is an assumption that the people interested in buying these bodies are the ones made about the Sideshow recasts. Also, it is comparing the base body of all things to a full blown often times hundreds of dollars statue that could be an upward of twice the height of these bodies. Also, considering the custom nature of the 1/6 market, I imagine people are much more open to the idea of recasts and bootlegs and such even if they do not want to admit it. Seriously who cares? Don't worry about it.

hot toys can't even stop the people duplicating there figures. lets say wolverine.

There's plenty of ways of dealing with it. The main and best way would be to I don't know actually rerelease all these hard to find Hot Toys figures that fans are forced to spend twice the retail price on. Hot Toys can't even release figures of the licenses they have and they sure as hell don't reissue ones except for the ones we don't need. That's their fault entirely.

Well Hot Toys is a Hong Kong company, they may not be able to sue whoever duplicating their stuff all the way from China that easily.

Back