Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night I did the glove mod, gauntlet mod and one of the most underrated mods to me, the mesh sleeves pulled tight and re-glued. It changes the look of the arms a great deal to me.

Agreed. Easy to do too. :)

Thanks mags, you and everyone else who posted pics and videos to help us all. I feel like the glove/gauntlet/mesh mod somehow makes the shoulder pads seem smaller because it makes the arms seem in better scale.

Only other mod I would want to do but probably won't is fixing the left chest plate to "straighten the bat symbol" it looks a little to hardcore for me haha!

I personally like the angry face plate, and I am getting the wayne face plate from Robbie for my other dx12 so I am good for that aspect of the figure.

Hey guys,

Wanted to ask you all about a crazy thing I wanted to do and just want to find out if any of you think its possible.

Is there a way to mod a non-magnetic head (sonar head) to make it magnetic to use with the magnetic neck?

Hope I make sense.

Cheers!

Hey guys,

Wanted to ask you all about a crazy thing I wanted to do and just want to find out if any of you think its possible.

Is there a way to mod a non-magnetic head (sonar head) to make it magnetic to use with the magnetic neck?

Hope I make sense.

Cheers!

If you do that, you'd lose the light up ability.

Sand down a standard True Type neck adapter to be the circumference of the one that comes with the DX12

IMG_4247.jpg

Could I get some advice please on what is the best way to sand a peg down? I'm updating my Bruce Wayne figure and have the neck pieces off so just need to sand one down for the DX12 head to fit on.

Pose looks good.

What body is that? You might want to push his shoulders down a bit.

I believe, though not 100% certain as I bought it as part of a set from someone else, that it's a standard TrueType like the one seen here.

And I've already adjusted the pose and clothing as much as I can. Ignore the clock, I'm in the middle of rearranging my entire room so it's placed there for convenience for now.

9AE9C407-FFA9-4F93-B2D0-66D83E8176A7-2863-00000453F26444BF.jpg

Ah yes. The standard has the huge shoulders with limited articulation.

You can file the shoulders down to the dimensions of a narrow TT and that helps a lot.

Don't think I ever posted these in here but here's mine with the squint and medi mouth. These were from before I did the glove and chest mod

Mod1.jpg

mod2.jpg

Nice work, Gipetto, the eyes especially.

I managed to remove the PERS plate from the cowl, and you guys weren't lying about how much of a bastard it is trying to get it and the plastic ring out. I stabbed myself trying. Nothing major, though. :lol

And fixing the misaligned chest plate was another pain in the arse.

Lots of work left to do. I'm perpetually terrified that I am going to break something.

IMG_4958.jpg

I'm in love with this figure right now.

Pretty sure I'm gonna mod up my second one and use it with the DX02 backpack and Bruce Wayne head (and sell what's left of my DX02.)

IMG_4958.jpg

I'm in love with this figure right now.

Pretty sure I'm gonna mod up my second one and use it with the DX02 backpack and Bruce Wayne head (and sell what's left of my DX02.)

This pic is the best one. I'm trying to remember, did you just paint the eyes or did you do the squint mod?

And I really need to find a DX02 mouth lol It looks amazing on the DX12

Just paint. Lots and lots of paint. Enough coats to make the eyes a bit smaller.

Also, that's a new pic that I took this morning. It's showing off the long rayon cape as well as the new neck mod.

Don't have a super camera but thought I'd post this here...
Not so crossed eyed now is it..
DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

Just paint. Lots and lots of paint. Enough coats to make the eyes a bit smaller.

Also, that's a new pic that I took this morning. It's showing off the long rayon cape as well as the new neck mod.

I'm dying to know the new neck mod. When are you going to post it?

Back